Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV200 Rejects Bills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV200 Rejects Bills  (Read 8022 times)
Bobbi
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »

I have spent 3 hours reading other posts and have not found one that exactly matches my issue, so here it goes. 1995 Gamemake Multigame SMI V7000 with a DBV200SI!, ID 044P/045P. Accepts bills all the way in, but rejects them. Does not matter which denomination, all are rejected. I have been using the same bills for many weeks without a problem. We recently had to replace a battery on the computer board and run the clear chip, the clear chip had a broken pin so we had to get a new clear chip. Once we got the new clear chip, the machine operated normally. Now about a week later, the bill acceptor has started rejecting the bills. The coin/bill acceptor diognostics show Bill Acceptor State ands Bill Acceptor Protocal as "bill rejected". When you turn the power on, you can hear the can shelf moving as it normally would but when you put a bill in, you do not hear the movement and out comes the rejected bill. We are not technicians but have learned to do some maintenance on this machine that we have had for 10 years. Hope you can help so that we don't have to ship it off, again no
Bobbi
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »

Ok, the bill acceptor will accept $5 without color. Will not accept and other denominator with or without color. Does this help?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »

Ok, the bill acceptor will accept $5 without color. Will not accept and other denominator with or without color. Does this help?

Have you tried a $1 bill? Are you saying that you tried larger denominations of old money? Does it accept the $5 in one direction or in all four? If one only, have you tried a few different $1 bills and larger old bills (or more old fives) in the same direction?
I'm trying to ascertain if you have an incorrectly labeled head.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Bobbi
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »

The $5 will go in any direction. It accepted several different $5 bills. Next time we tried, some it accepted but one it would not. Tried a $20 with color and now it is working, sometimes. We have tried several different $1 in all directions and will not accept. We tried a $10 without the color and a $10 with color, in all directions, rejected all. $100 new, without color, not accepted.  We had the bill acceptor updated to take the new money several years ago. The $100 we tried were the same ones that worked last week
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:03:15 PM by Bobbi » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:12:54 PM »

I think that you might have a DBV145 head and not a DBV200. It's also possible that the denominations are disabled. When I was speaking of old bills, I don't mean the 1990 bills that have large portraits but no color -- I mean the OLD bills from the 1980s and before.

I see that you modified your post and changed it to say that the bill was accepted in any direction. That means that you have a DBV200.

Post changed:

Would you turn the power off and carefully remove the head and look at the dip switches on the bottom.
Is there a bank of 8 switches and a bank of 2 switches, or is there a bank of 10 and a bank of 6?

If 8 and 2, make sure that they are all off. You have a DBV145

If 10 and 6, make sure that all of the second set of 6 are off, and that switches 1 to 6 of the first set of 10 are off, and tell me what positions 7-9 are in. The three should either all be off, or 10 should be on. You have a DBV200.

Make a note of all switch positions before changing anything and post back with the details of their positions and any actions that you took.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »

The $5 will go in any direction. It accepted several different $5 bills. Next time we tried, some it accepted but one it would not. Tried a $20 with color and now it is working, sometimes. We have tried several different $1 in all directions and will not accept. We tried a $10 without the color and a $10 with color, in all directions, rejected all. $100 new, without color, not accepted.  We had the bill acceptor updated to take the new money several years ago. The $100 we tried were the same ones that worked last week

Okay, now that I've re-read your modified post, forget my previous post. I would check the connectors at both ends and the harness for continuity and loose connections. I would also clean the head. Use a Q-tip lightly moistened with water. DO NOT use alcohol; it will damage the optics. Be gentle around the optics and the magnetic sensors. Don't forget to clean the little spring-loaded plastic wheels in the bill path in the head as well.

You may use alcohol lightly on the BELTS to clean them as well.

Bobbi
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »

Sorry for the modified post....it is being inconsistent and frustrating....will check as you recommend and get back with you. Thanks for the patience Scratch Head
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »

I have a feeling that it's the harness/connectors. propeller

PS. For giggles, you might want to try re-seating your MPU board (with the power off, of course.) It couldn't hurt.

Bobbi
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »

We don't see any loose connections and the continuity appears good, reset the MPU. Same issue. Ok, we give. Are you able to recommend a service source? We used to have one in Las Vegas, but they are no longer in business and the tech that worked for them does not seem overly interest in continuing a relationship with us, so any suggestions? Nothing in our area, we will have to ship. We are obviously unable to detect this alone and need professional help Help
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:04:25 AM »

Open the bill head and clean the optic windows and mag head with a quetip and lens cleaner denatured Alcohol
AkLarry
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:09 AM »

Open the bill head and clean the optic windows and mag head with a quetip and lens cleaner denatured Alcohol
AkLarry

NO!!!! DO NOT DO THAT.  ttth  Alcohol reacts with the plastic that covers the optics and clouds them to the spectrum of light that they use (not visible). It may not ruin the head the first time, but eventually it will.

If water is not enough to get the job done, then use a Q-tip wet with a mild solution of dish washing liquid (like Dawn) and warm water, then follow with a Q-tip moistened with water only, and then a dry Q-tip. Don't use too much liquid.

The only place that you can use alcohol in moderation is on the belts.

<ADD> See my Reply #5
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:58:28 AM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:58:36 AM »

Bobbi, clean the heads and let us know if that helped. Don't forget those little spring loaded plastic wheels that get full of gunk. Move the Q-tip across them at 90° to clean them. You can hold them lightly with the side of your fingernail to keep them from pushing down into the head.

Wipe the magnetic heads in the direction of travel.

Stat garfield

Bobbi
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »

It really is inconsistent. Today is a new day....it accepted two hundreds  applause. I took them out and tried them again it won't take them no

The advice that Larry gave was the same that our ex-slot tech gave us many years ago when we had a similar problem, use alcohol, so we may now have residual damage.

We have thoroughly cleaned as suggested, with mild soapy water, rinsed and dried. Same issue. Will the cloudy lenses make it inconsistent like it is?
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »

It could. It might also be out of alignment, or need to be calibrated, or just need replacing. You might send Op-Bell a pm and see if he can help you further. If necessary, our vendors can sell you some calibration paper.

If you had access to another head, I'd suggest swapping them out to isolate the issue.

Bobbi
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »

No access to another head. I am not aware of anyone else having a machine within a 100 miles.  Hate to show even more stupidity.....what is PM?

Maybe we could try the calibration paper. Sorry, new to this....who are the vendors, the spnsors listed above? Duh!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »

No access to another head. I am not aware of anyone else having a machine within a 100 miles.  Hate to show even more stupidity.....what is PM?

Maybe we could try the calibration paper. Sorry, new to this....who are the vendors, the spnsors listed above? Duh!

Bobbi, where are you located? Many members here for various reasons do not post their true location, or any location at all.  Let us know what major city you are close to and you may be surprised. If you had a connection in Las Vegas there are some members here from that area as well as NLG in Bullhead City. Also check the link to the members map.

A PM is a private message.  If your reading a post and look below each members avitar you will see an icon to send a private message. There is also a link on our profile pages When you click on this you will be taken to a screen and you compose a message to just one person. The next time he/she logs on your message will be waiting for them.

Yes some of the vendors are listed above but there are others that you can figure out by looking at the members list.

Send me a PM with your address and I will send you a few DBV cleaning strips that may help with your problem.

Jay

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 12:43:48 AM »

Just a quick question when did you get this machine? and did it ever take other denomination? have you made any changes to game options?

Blake 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.