Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Bill Acceptor Not Found
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Acceptor Not Found  (Read 3881 times)
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: June 27, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »

Have an S2000 3x4x5x pay machine that boots up no errors in window,  but bill acceptor does not work.  I went into the base software and netplex saw the printer but when I search for the acceptor it says not found.  I changed acceptor but no luck.  When I close the door the lights in the acceptor flash three times but it never starts.  Another problem looking for ideas.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »

Try a fprced netplex config from the menus and see of it finds it. Does the BV cycle when you turn the machine on? Also, trace the BV plug back to the lower part of the motherboard and make sure it's plugged in tight
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »

When the machine boots you hear the valadator hit,  if you go to the menu and tell it to look for the acceptor is say not found.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »

There has to be a bad connection between the acceptor and the computer.
You need to make sure all the pins are touching each other in the Molex housings.
Are you certain that no male pins or receptor pins are receded?

The only way to check for solid communication is to physically inspect every pin along the route from the MPU to the acceptor.
It appears that you have "power" but you have no logic signals.
Once the logic signals are established - the computer's Netplex system will pick up the acceptor.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:14:18 AM »

I will double check them tomorrow.  I unplugged and replugged the connector on the mother board but not the smaller connectors behind the acceptor.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:38:07 AM »

If you have a chance...take a look at this thread - I've attached a link to it.
Remember, your acceptor is a Netplex periipheral device - you can go into the Operator Menus without a Keychip to see if it can be "found"...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18611.msg157713#msg157713
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

I went into setup menu it was able to find the printer with no problem,  had it look for acceptor no luck.  I check the connection on the motherboard unplugged and plugged it in still no communication.  I will check the smaller molex connectors today like you suggested.  I also changed out the acceptor thinking there might be a problem still nothing.  It seems to be a new problem with every machine I work on.  Good news is learning problem to problem a little more.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »

May I ask, what SB chip and SG (GME1&2) chip pairs you have installed?
Maybe I can find something in the PSR sheet for it that may help you?
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »

That would be great I will check them when I am at home during lunch.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 02:33:37 AM »

You must be having an "executive lunch" ....  Crazy
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:43 AM »

Sorry I did not get lunch as I had to work and did not get lunch.  It is a 12 x pay machine, SB 100211  G1 SG00523, G2 SG00522  I hope these are correct as the gaming commission put so much tape over the chips that they are very difficult to read.  Thanks for you help.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:46:25 AM by sbsgroup » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »

I'm not sure where Bunker is going with this one, but your SG chips will always have the same number but will say 1 of 2  and 2 of 2. 

Hoping you have at least one S 2000 machine that the WBA works in, turn the machine on and listen to the sounds of the BV cycling. Turn it off then on and listen again, they will always sound the same, learn these sounds if the sound changes the BV isn't going to work.

On this machine remove the cash can and BV, look inside cash can hole and in the back there are two flags the cash can pushes up when it's installed, is one of them broken ?? When you install the cash can sometimes you can not be gentle, make damn sure it's in and fully latched.  In your menu settings what are the bill limits set at ?? If 0, change it.

I gotta go to work !!!!!!!!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »

Your SG chip pairs should be the same number.
My guess is that you're reading them wrong due to the sticky tape over them.
They should be both either 523's or 522's but NOT one of each.
I don't have a PSR sheet for any of those because I wannted to see if there was anything in the Options and Settings to find out what number you'd need to get to to do an "Auto-Configure" for Netplex peripherals such as your bill acceptor.

Buzz may be on the right track as it may just be something simple as a misaligned cash box sensor
or something of that nature.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »

DIP SWITCH  ????????????    I'm short on time gota leave.  When you find the printer in the menu hit the spin button then cash out and you will have BV.  Or in IO test. BV CRC, matter of fact you will find the BV in two or 3 places in IO test. ( Net plex auto config comes to mind.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.