WMS 360 / WBA-13SU / BV Ready but no cycle

(1/3) > >>

Worldwide Gaming:
Greets all!

I'm working on a 360 at the moment and it's got a good WBA-13SU w/ 3.75-32 ID003 firmware and a good RS-232 board (side mount, the JCM one).  No errors on screen, DS1, or any of the LED's.

The BV powers up but does not cycle. Additionally - the two green 'ready' lights on the front bezel turn on exactly when they should (just as if the BV had cycled).   :103-

Have swapped multiple times: RS-232 board (used both the WMS version, internal mount and the JCM version, side mount), the I/O board, the mainboard, and software.  Have also moved the BV components back and forth between another good machine.

REVISION INFO:
v239-X-0-301The Best Things in Life: v3.01OS: 2.59.1BV: JCM WBADENOMINATION: 0.01 DollarCOIN COMPARITOR: None
Misc items of note:  Occasionally, the machine will give a 'Stacker Removed' style error.  Opening and closing the main BV door clears this error.  The cherry switch is good, so I'm not sure what's generating the error.  Also, on first boot of the machine it will give a 'No Touchscreen Response' error that will clear within a few seconds.  None of the other 360's I've got behave this way.   :103-

QUESTION: Before I start tearing in to yank and replace the motherboard and the BV harness - has anyone else run into this issue before and what was the fix?

Thanks in advance!    :131-
-Karsten

Worldwide Gaming:
Am back on this machine today - just checked continuity on the BV harness and everything toned out OK.  Have also replaced the I/O board with a 'new' one.  IT's looking like the motherboard is next for a swap...

Any insights anyone?

stayouttadabunker:
Man, if I had a WMS I'd help you Karsten!
Unfortunately your machine is outta my league.
I hope some WMS owner can help you out!
Keep digging around with the toner...you'll find something simple that's amiss.
Maybe a loose connection or partially broken wire.

With the machine "OFF", I'd pull connectors and push them back in -
sometimes that helps in getting a new connection in the contacts?

Worldwide Gaming:
Well, I'm utterly stumped now...    :103-

I've got two 360 slant's sitting right next to each other.  They are identical in every way possible, including the game software.

BV can be removed from bad machine and placed in a good one and it functions perfectly.
Mainboard moved to the good machine and it works.
Motherboard swap made no difference.
New I/O board moved to the good machine and it works too.
EPROM's all re-burned, no difference.
Jumpers and DIP's all set correctly (on all items, including BV).
BV harness has no issues.
Machine can see and talk to BV.
RS-232 board (side mount) is good.
Door switches all functional.
The game comes up perfectly and the BV's ready indicator lights function as they should.
The Power Supply is good.
Power to BV is good.
Diagnostics show BV is communicating, but a bill test will not cause the BV to take a bill.

I'd like to take a moment now to say, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!"   :99-

kenokarz:
check the cash can , :89- :89- and  b/v switch  :89- :89- on bad machine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page