How many BB1/WMS would be OK on the same 20amp circuit??

(1/1)

mohican:
Just a quick question to all the bros here:  about how many BB1/WMS can be on the same circuit of 20amp that the breaker wont trip?  i was told use a surge protector... anyway, thnx for ur inputs guys..

tjlee:
A 20 amp 120vac circuit will handle approximately 2400 watts.  Find the wattage of each machine and add together to get a total wattage.  Remember volts times amps equals watts.  So a slot machine using 5 amps of current is using a total of 600 watts (120vac times 5 amps).  Someone here probably either knows the current draw or the total wattage used by BB1 slots.  I don't own one and have no idea. Hope this helps a little.

jay:
The surge protector is not relevenant.
If you draw too much and pop a breaker - power goes off, this has nothing to do with a surge.

In the rare event that a major facility (ie cement plant) shuts off, their abscence of draw causes a sudden surge of power which then bumps your 110/120 to 150/160 for a brief amount of time potentially damaging equipment. Other surges occasionally occur from lightning.

rickhunter:
The power rating on my BB1 is rated at 300 watts.  You need to add about nother 100 watts for llights and a little headroom.

mohican:
Thank you so much for your replies guys.  You guys are pretty kool.  Thanks again for your insights...

Navigation

[0] Message Index