WMS 550 Noisy meters solution

(1/4) > >>

rickhunter:

Ok, after seeing the posts regarding this issue and looking at the crippled (sans actuator arm) meters, I'm kind of destruction adverse and like to keep my "vintage" (well maybe not now, but one day) machines as intact as possible and wanted to have the ability to have the noisy meters for that "authentic feel."  However, the clicking does get annoying so I decided to try the recommendation that had been posted a while back regarding this issue.  So I set out and purchased the following parts:

1.  5 watt 10 ohm resistor
2.  Molex Mini-fit Jr 2 circuit plug
3.  Female pins for Mini-fit Jr. plug.

I assembled 5 units to replace all the meters on the WMS meter assembly and they worked like a charm.  No more clicking and my meters are still "un-moded."

Here's pictures of my exercise for those interested

Bettor Slots:
Rick,

Will this also work on a 360 machine?  And if so, where would I find the necessary parts?

Thanks,

Jim S

Railroad94:
If your 360 has a meter board then it will work. The parts are ordered from places like   DigiKey or Mouser

Someone mentioned an easier solution which involved jumping out two wires on the backplane board but don't recall all the info, will have to take a look and maybe find it in search.

Slotmaster:
Jump wire 3 and 8 and it's all done

tacman:
Hey Dave, did you get a confirm for the IGT jumper location? Thanks!

Dan (tacman)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page