Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Coin optics button - external switch?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coin optics button - external switch?  (Read 5651 times)
modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: December 10, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »

I've got a customer with 5 slots.  All appear to be IGT S+ versions of different titles.  Hopefully I don't need specific SP numbers right now for this question.

Well, I have all the slots working now with tokens, but the customer wants to be able to play them without having to keep track of tokens, worrying about whether the drunks who come to his parties are dropping the quarter tokens into his dollar token slot and causing jams, etc.  He already has the switches removed from the cash-out buttons, and would like it if I could rig up a button he can push to add a credit so he can just get rid of all of the tokens.

From what i remember, the small white button on the optics board will add a credit when pushed, correct?  Anyway, I was thinking about connecting the "Play 1 Credit" switch to that button, so that he could just push that button to add a credit one at a time.  However, when I tried it, I got a "21" error as soon as I pushed the button.  Otherwise it works just fine with the tokens.

What am I doing wrong?  And am I going to be able to make this work?  I did some searching and found some mention of pulses and extra boards, but I don't know how that applies to the button on the optics board, since pushing it adds a credit usually...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »

That button only works with the door open.
I do not know if you have a limit on how many times it can be used or not.
You could wire it to bet one credit and unplug one of the door optics so the mpu thinks the door is open all the time even with door closed
There is also someone that made a coin-in emulator using a micro-controller (PIC) that can take the place of the optics.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »

Do the machines have BVs? If so, an option might be to set them up for 100 credits per dollar. A quick way to put a lot of credits on the machines.
modessitt

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:03:25 AM »

Do the machines have BVs? If so, an option might be to set them up for 100 credits per dollar. A quick way to put a lot of credits on the machines.

Yeah, they have BV's, but the customer wants to make it free.  No money or tokens necessary...
modessitt

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:41 AM »

That button only works with the door open.
I do not know if you have a limit on how many times it can be used or not.
You could wire it to bet one credit and unplug one of the door optics so the mpu thinks the door is open all the time even with door closed
There is also someone that made a coin-in emulator using a micro-controller (PIC) that can take the place of the optics.

Interesting.  I wonder how that works for wins?  I thought you could credit and play that way as a test, but that if you won, it wouldn't give you winning credits?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:35 AM »

Yeah, they have BV's, but the customer wants to make it free.  No money or tokens necessary...

Right, but he can just run a $20 in them ahead of time and put 2000 credits on it, or how ever many he wants.

As for the other solution (unplugging door optics), I thought the the machine will never play as long as it thinks the door is open.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »

Using the button on the optics is the only way to play games with the door open.
That button does not work on the S2000.

It does not seem to have a use limit. another way to set an S+ up for free play.
Machine will follow the 5 x setting for wins and hopper operates normally on a cash out with door open after a win from test games.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:46:27 AM by Foster » Logged

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 02:38:56 AM »

There was a thread that covered a free play button circut that Rudy's deals was selling. All you have to do is hit the button to add credits.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 02:51:59 AM »

That one is for the S2000.
S+ uses three signals for the optics they pulse to logic 0 as the coin blocks that optic
S2000 uses a Coin accepted signal from comparator and 2 signals from the optics to accept the coin.
The optics in the S+ powered from 24V AC and the optics in the S2000 are 13V DC.

modessitt

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 03:04:55 AM »

Thanks, guys.  I'll see if I can make it work by disabling the door optic, and I'll let you know - next week...
modessitt

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:58:52 AM »

Wanted to come back and let everyone know that I got this working today.  I had to replace the cherry switch on the Bet 1 Credit button, as it wasn't giving a good short when closed (.112).  I connected two wires to the pads of the optics credit button, then ran them to the proper lugs of the cherry switch on the Bet 1 credit button.  Make sure you remove the normal connectors to that switch, otherwise you will get a 21 (coin tilt) error.  Then I disconnected the plug for the door optic on the side mounted on the door.  Turned it on, shut the door, and everything is working.  I push the Bet 1 Credit button and I get credits.  After 2 it stops registering more credits like it should, and the arm or the Bet 2 Credits button will cause it to spin.  When it wins, credits are added to the memory.  If I hit the Bet 1 Credit button, it adds coins to the Played, but doesn't subtract from the memory.  Or I can Bet 2 and spin from memory.

Works just fine.  Now I have to do it to 4 more when I take this one back...
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »

yes i have done this before and i never had a problem with it you can even add a switch to the optic and the normal bet one button wires so you can switch  between free play and regular play
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »

This works fine on an S+ - making the machine as a free-play game.
The door optics are disabled and the machine is really in "Service mode" as that little button
on the Coin-in optic boards is really called a "Service Credit Switch".
Generally it's reserved mainly for service technicians to run tests
on the machine such as hopper operations and such.

I'll be surprised if it will work with the progressive systems but they might?
Certain bonus wheels and games may not be operational -
they will see a "Door Open" and send an error code to the MPU until it is resolved.

As far as an S2000, the best way to add credits to a machine
is to up the value of the credits per coin.
Or hook up a PC to it....lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.