Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  IDX - X50 - programming
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IDX - X50 - programming  (Read 5468 times)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« on: March 16, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »

I read the manual and seems I am back to being BLIND.  The IDX 50 I have and the manual do not seem to be in sync.  The manual says to slide back the cover and expose reset button etc. Well the IDX is 2 pieces - the acceptor part has 2 "slides" front and rear that when slid open do not expose any reset switch or dial - the other piece does not SLIDE open - see picture of what I have - what am I doing WRONG (besides trying to use this device). thanks

* IMG_0252.JPG (98.44 KB, 480x640 - viewed 234 times.)

* IMG_0251.JPG (127.58 KB, 480x640 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:03:52 PM by FOXSSLOTS1 » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

as long as it isn't locked this will work.  W

Coin Programming Xeptors

Coin Learn Procedure

1.   Slide the front cover up and identify the three controls to be used in this procedure:

a.) The "test" push button near center bottom. (used to input the number of credit pulses)

b.) 16 position rotary switch to the right of the push-button. (#0 is normal RUN position, #1-#6 are for learning each of 6 possible coin types that can be accepted)

c.) LED indicator half way up on the right side. (Green in RUN mode, red in LEARN mode)

2.  Turn the rotary switch to one of the LEARN positions #1-#6 (for example, pick #3 for learning the 3rd coin type) and observe the LED turns red to indicate it is now ready to learn.

3.  Push the test button once for each credit pulse you wish to have issued for this coin. For example, a $1 coin would require 4 credit pulses if you are also accepting $0.25 coins for one credit pulse. Note: With V3.0-t or and V4.0 firmware, only a single credit and sense pulse will be produced no matter how many times you push the button. Contact the factory if you require multiple pulses for your application.

4.   Slide the cover back on the unit to make sure outside light is does not interfere with the sensors.

5.  Show the unit 6 samples of the coin by depositing them into the acceptor as usual. It is best to use 6 different coins since there are typically slight variations from coin-to-coin.

6  After the 6th sample coin is deposited, the LED will flash red-green a few times to indicate the LEARN procedure is complete and the coin parameters are stored in memory.

7.  Slide the front cover open again and turn the rotary switch back to position #0 and observe the LED turning green. Check that you have not accidentally turned it too far to position #15 which is a field test function position, in which it will not accept coins.

8.   Slide the front cover back down and you should now be able to accept the new coin.

Coin Un-Learn Procedure

1.   Slide the front cover up and turn the rotary switch to the coin #  position you wish to UN-LEARN.

2.   Push the test button once to initiate the LEARN sequence.

3.  Turn the rotary switch back to position #0 without depositing any coins to signal the unit that you wish it to erase the parameters for this coin. The LED will flash red-green to indicate completion.

4.   Slide the front cover back down.

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »

http://www.idxinc.com/x50_manual.htm

This is a link to the manual.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:52:14 PM »

Try this  IDX  link:      http://www.idxinc.com/learn.htm    You will have to install the IDX  in machine and get to coin mech "test"  on your particular machine which will get "power"  to the IDX....and then follow the procedure on the IDX site...(I seem to remember that when you turn the rotary switch to the right...a solid red light will allow you to program, but a blinking/flashing red light indicates the coin comp is "locked"   and you will require an  IDX programmer).....  Some of the IDX  comparitors are factory programmed and locked...and you would need an IDX programmer.  Which IDX will sell one to you for about  $150.   ALSO... check  the  "coin path"  on the comparitor...(unless you already have a "dollar"  IDX)  there are sometimes shims and thickness adjustments.  ( While I was typing this out...looks like other people have chimed in too.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:47:25 PM »

wow - thanks for all the replies - will try the instructions provided - thought there was alot more to it than that.  Hopefully the instrructions will work and I will be good to go.  kudos to all.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »

Here's a link to the manual page where you can download them in their entirety in pdf format.
http://www.idxinc.com/tech_support.htm#Manuals

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.