Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Which Model Do I Have?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Model Do I Have?  (Read 5268 times)
Joopman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

I just purchased a square top Five Times slot machine.  How can I tell if it is either a 2000 or a plus or whatever?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »

An S2000 has a blue VFD display at the bottom left of the reels. An S+ does not. S2000 will jave speakers sticking out the sides of the machin, right above the reels, and S+ does not. That's about the easiest way.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »

Post a picture and we can tell you in about 2 seconds.  Smiley

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Joopman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »

Pic is attached . . . Thanks.

* image.jpg (584.18 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 304 times.)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »

Pic is attached . . . Thanks.
S plus'ski.. Now you just need to post a WTB for everything you need to cash that bad boy out!!

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:03:22 AM »

Post a picture and we can tell you in about 2 seconds.  Smiley

Wow...it took 9 minutes! That is just sad...  rotflmao rotflmao

Harvey - What tells you he needs help cashing out?   Scratch Head Scratch Head

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

The blank plate where the coin head should be
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

Post a picture and we can tell you in about 2 seconds.  Smiley

Wow...it took 9 minutes! That is just sad...  rotflmao rotflmao

Harvey - What tells you he needs help cashing out?   Scratch Head Scratch Head

When I studied the photograph for a few hrs I noticed there was no coin in, no tray and no printer. Now I'm confused.. Scratch Head  Does it just clear when he hits cash out? Or does he get slime'd like on Nickelodeon?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »

ever consider it was just set to take bills and not dispense coin ??  most likely to circumvent gaming laws in a specific state
-(not accepting coin )the fact of no coin head or tray or printer would instantly make me think that ..  
 just set your settings up and its that easy .the machine may have a modified pinwheel hopper that just has tabs where the coins pass the optics on a cash out so it spins and registers coin out .. we did not see the inside ..
that way you just turn jackpot key on what the jackpot is set at etc as low or high as you want ..
less headaches ..
Rocket

ps i would put a nicer blank plate on it saying bills only ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »

ever consider it was just set to take bills and not dispense coin ??  most likely to circumvent gaming laws in a specific state
-(not accepting coin )the fact of no coin head or tray or printer would instantly make me think that .. 
 just set your settings up and its that easy .
that way you just turn jackpot key on what the jackpot is set at etc as low or high as you want ..
less headaches ..
Rocket

ps i would put a nicer blank plate on it saying bills only ..
Good point. Darn laws..

I have never came across a S+ with that set up, so I assumed he would need the parts. I'd make it a token machine at least, but that's just me.. I enjoy the coins spitting out.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »

LONG LONG TIME AGO ?? we discussed making hoppers that recorded coin out so we did not have to buy tokens or use coins   and get hands dirty etc .. we made HOLLEY HOPPERS with a tin plate over it with metal tabs in right spot to register coins out and pinwheel hoppers modified the same ..

when your collection starts to grow .. as mine did 25 --30 years ago with real coin had to be used ..on real one arm bandits then the invention of the electronic coin comparitor that recognizes coin --then your collection grows or if a dealer as i was .. was growing fast you make up a coinless hopper to use daily for test purposes that ended up in half the machines you kept for your private collection .
so you just did not have to refill hoppers open doors etc .. buy tokens or tie up money in U.S. COIN OR ALL MY MACHINES I SET WITH 1.00 COIN HEADS AND HOPPERS they cost less to start with .. plus a 1.00 token or IKE dollar is easier to pick up than a quarter or nickel ..

pictures below is what we did ..

you could most likely use a skill saw blade and cut your ends off your carrot if you had a big cash out lol

* PINWHHEL MODIFIED.jpg (44.85 KB, 1024x1043 - viewed 234 times.)

* NLG HOPPER MODIFIED.JPG (62.17 KB, 800x536 - viewed 229 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »

LONG LONG TIME AGO ?? we discussed making hoppers that recorded coin out so we did not have to buy tokens or use coins   and get hands dirty etc .. we made HOLLEY HOPPERS with a tin plate over it with metal tabs in right spot to register coins out and pinwheel hoppers modified the same ..

when your collection starts to grow .. as mine did 25 --30 years ago with real coin had to be used ..on real one arm bandits then the invention of the electronic coin comparitor that recognizes coin --then your collection grows or if a dealer as i was .. was growing fast you make up a coinless hopper to use daily for test purposes that ended up in half the machines you kept for your private collection .
so you just did not have to refill hoppers open doors etc .. buy tokens or tie up money in U.S. COIN OR ALL MY MACHINES I SET WITH 1.00 COIN HEADS AND HOPPERS they cost less to start with .. plus a 1.00 token or IKE dollar is easier to pick up than a quarter or nickel ..

pictures below is what we did ..

you could most likely use a skill saw blade and cut your ends off your carrot if you had a big cash out lol
Wow, That's cool stuff.. Genius! I totally get it if you had tons of machines..
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »

its a good substitute regardless the size of your collection ------in place of a  coin hopper.

the hopper electric motor life will most likely double or triple since its not rolling coins around and spitting them out or getting jammed and burning the armature in the hopper motor .
you still hear the ding -ding --just no coin tray needed or coin & no dirty hands .. no door openings to re-fill hopper -
it makes LIFE easier and lets old hoppers close to death on the electric motor a longer life ..

Rocket

Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »

its a good substitute regardless the size of your collection ------in place of a  coin hopper.

the hopper electric motor life will most likely double or triple since its not rolling coins around and spitting them out or getting jammed and burning the armature in the hopper motor .
you still hear the ding -ding --just no coin tray needed or coin & no dirty hands .. no door openings to re-fill hopper -
it makes LIFE easier and lets old hoppers close to death on the electric motor a longer life ..

Rocket
I may have a new project then.. I do hate washing my hands every time someone accidentally cashes out and I have to put the coins back in.. I could prob buy another slot with all the change in my piggy banks! haha.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.