Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy.
| |-+  Second Amendment News and Views.
| | |-+  Concealed Carry Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concealed Carry Thread  (Read 4090 times)
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« on: January 31, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »

What do you carry and how do you carry it?

Just got mine 2 weeks ago... my choice for carry is a Ruger SR40c, nice and compact, but a heck of a punch if ever needed. I have a custom made IWB holster but even though it has leather between skin and the weapon, it's still not very comfortable.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »

I carry a S&W 380 Bodyguard with hollow point in a pocket holster. Some use this
for a back-up but I like the 7 shot (6 in the clip and one in the camber). Also it is a
double action and built in lazer. The trigger has a very long travel and is a bit heavy –
I found myself having to stage the trigger to shoot it accurately. Potential buyer’s
should be sure to dry fire this gun before purchasing as the trigger won’t be for everyone.

I am leaning to shoot 3 rounds at a time.

Ron (r273)
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »

I carry for personal protection a 45/.410 Taurus Defender with a 45 Colt 225gr LEVERevolution bullet and .410ga 000 4 pellet Buckshot shell every other chamber. A shaved hammer to lessen getting caught in clothing.

Bad ass and legal in my state.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

The trick to having a concealed permit and carrying a gun is to actually carrying the gun . If the gun is to large or heavy it won't be carried very long  .  A non carried gun it home is  useless if it is sitting at home . MY OPINION is a small gun is plenty . Mine is a    Taurus PT 738    380 ACP   . It is   Small / Light / Cheap . I don't  care if it gets scratched or has holster ware  . It is not designed to stop grizzly bears  / vampires or Aliens  .   (NOTE)  IT WILL STOP ILLEGAL ALIENS . The reason to Carry is for SELF Protection not to start a war or fire fight . This gun gives me 6 chances plus one in the chamber to get out of the situation . I know the naysayers will say it does not have the stopping power of larger caliber pistols . This is true BUT like i said before it will get the job done as it is carried and it is on me NOT in the drawer at home or in the glove box . A well placed shot  will be more effective than larger caliber MISSED SHOT  . I enjoy shooting as i have a range in my house  ( see below ) . I am a proficient shooter and has all ( MOST ) the caliber pistols . I like 9mm but shoot mostly 22s as it is cheap and just as fun . Be carefull out there Guys and Gals   P.B.   

* SAM_0265.JPG (1562.24 KB, 2720x2040 - viewed 300 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

I'm still getting used to carrying, but my holster is a kydex form attached to leather and is an extremely tight fit to the pistol. I may try to heat it and loosen it up a bit... or sand it a bit on the inside.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

I agree 100% to what you have said here . I have a KelTec 9mm DAO and tuck it into my hip wherever I go. My daughter has her CPL and my wife wants hers next.

The trick to having a concealed permit and carrying a gun is to actually carrying the gun . If the gun is to large or heavy it won't be carried very long  .  A non carried gun it home is  useless if it is sitting at home . MY OPINION is a small gun is plenty . Mine is a    Taurus PT 738    380 ACP   . It is   Small / Light / Cheap . I don't  care if it gets scratched or has holster ware  . It is not designed to stop grizzly bears  / vampires or Aliens  .   (NOTE)  IT WILL STOP ILLEGAL ALIENS . The reason to Carry is for SELF Protection not to start a war or fire fight . This gun gives me 6 chances plus one in the chamber to get out of the situation . I know the naysayers will say it does not have the stopping power of larger caliber pistols . This is true BUT like i said before it will get the job done as it is carried and it is on me NOT in the drawer at home or in the glove box . A well placed shot  will be more effective than larger caliber MISSED SHOT  . I enjoy shooting as i have a range in my house  ( see below ) . I am a proficient shooter and has all ( MOST ) the caliber pistols . I like 9mm but shoot mostly 22s as it is cheap and just as fun . Be carefull out there Guys and Gals   P.B.   
emt232004
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 208

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:18:52 PM »

Springfield xd40 in serpa, 1911 Tanfoglio EAA Witness, or Argentine Coastguard Ballester Molina 1911 in galco retention holsters. I conceal carry about 20% of the time and open carry about 80% of the time. Been carrying about 2.5 years now. If I am running out of the house quick i'll grab a raven arms .25 in a pocket holster.
jrookstool
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »

Gen  2 Glock 19 9mm, S&W .38 Special and sometimes Glock 38 45 G.A.P. Love them all....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.