Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy.
| |-+  Second Amendment News and Views.
| | |-+  Gun Confiscation Bill Proposed in California:
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gun Confiscation Bill Proposed in California:  (Read 10102 times)
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« on: February 10, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »

Gun Confiscation Bill Proposed in California:

Law abiding gun owners in California have to feel uneasy after Democrats rolled out a massive gun control package on Thursday,
which includes strict ammunition regulations and even

a bill that allows potential confiscation of the state’s 166,000 legally registered semi-automatic rifles.

Under the sweeping gun control bills introduced by state Senate Democrats, all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines would be banned,
all guns would be registered and gun owners would need a special permit just to buy ammunition.

The proposals appear to be even more draconian than New York’s recent gun control legislation, considered to be the toughest in the nation.

"We respect the Second Amendment right of law-abiding citizens to have guns for hunting, for sport, for protecting their homes and families.
But loopholes in California's tough gun laws have been exploited long enough," state Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, said Thursday.   spam spam

That list also included bills that would:

1 Require anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check, as Los Angeles and Sacramento already do.

2 Update the definition of a banned shotgun with a revolving cylinder to include the new technology of a shotgun-rifle combination.

3 Prevent unregulated gun loans, with some exceptions, including hunting, in order to keep weapons from those who haven't passed background checks.

4 Require all handgun owners obtain a safety certificate every year, rather than the every-five-years requirement for purchases of new handguns.

5 Prohibit anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept and to expand the list of crimes for which convictions result in being barred from gun possession.

6 Let the state Justice Department use money from the state's Dealer's Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.

Yih-Chau Chang, spokesman for the gun rights group Responsible Citizens of California, said it's all "par for the course."

"The violent criminals are simply not going to be affected by any of these proposals," Chang said. "Following the law is the last thing they're going to do, so it's only going to affect law-abiding citizens."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_22544460/californias-state-senate-democrats-roll-out-big-gun
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:30:59 PM by Joeylc » Logged

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

Warning: Historically speaking, firearm registration invariably leads to firearm confiscation !!!!!!

Sorry to our CA NLG Members but the state of California can  censored off and fall off into the ocean.

advisory

What a shit hole of Dumb ass Politicians, Laws, and Welfare POS....
  hissy fit hissy fit frying pan frying pan

Sorry! Sorry!  Soapbox Alert Soapbox Alert 

* trust.jpg (25.46 KB, 300x214 - viewed 1235 times.)

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

Well it looks like Texas is about to get
another flood of Californians

One step at a time.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »

That's the last thing we need. Sad

Funny, they bring all their cash out here from when they sell a house, buy a HUGE house with the cash, then can't afford the property taxes! Do your research before buying a house in Texas. We don't have a state income tax here so they have to make the money somewhere!

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »

[bWhat a shit hole of Dumb ass Politicians, Laws, and Welfare POS.... [/b]  hissy fit hissy fit frying pan frying panSorry! Sorry!  Soapbox Alert Soapbox Alert 

Spelled D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T-S   They now have a super majority in the Assembly and the Senate which means they control over 2/3rds of the seats in each house.  With that, they can pass any bill they want and the Republicans can only watch.  Special thanks to the tree huggers in the north for this happening.  My county, Riverside, traditionally votes Republican but we are like an island in this liberal state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/us/politics/for-california-democrats-supermajority-is-a-new-challenge.html?_r=0

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

If they try to take your guns you could always send them here to the NLG command center... we will keep them safe for you...  yes yes yes yes

Long Live the State of Arizona...   
   az_flag az az_flag

SEE VIDEO:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3YujxzBTKU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/V3YujxzBTKU&rel=0</a>

waving flag waving flag waving flag waving flag waving flag

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:39 PM »

That's the last thing we need. Sad

Funny, they bring all their cash out here from when they sell a house, buy a HUGE house with the cash, then can't afford the property taxes! Do your research before buying a house in Texas. We don't have a state income tax here so they have to make the money somewhere!

I pay $22,000 per year in property tax  -- anyone want to beat that??    I'm seriously looking at moving to TX or FL  --  F**K the north east -   I'm tired of paying 60% in income taxes - 

IMHO - I have totally lost all hope Sad
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

I have a friend with an FFL...

If anyone wants to find a safe home for a weapon for a cash/PayPal deal or a trade for parts or other items, let me know. Smiley

I'm always on the prowl for them. I don't care if they are broken or not. I love a good repair project.

Same thing goes for other members. We have plenty of folks that would like to pick up some 2nd Amendment items and keep them out of the hands of the confiscators.

If you want options to trade back or buy it back if you move, just let me or whoever you are dealing with know.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.