Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  What BVs for What Machines?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What BVs for What Machines?  (Read 4294 times)
Nashional
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

« on: March 12, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

I've read every single thread in the BVs forum  and I didn't find a definite answer to questions I have.

If I have a WBA-13-SS, is the following true?

1) ID 003 = WMS (any)
2) ID 024 = IGT IGame (possibly others)
3) Software Ver: 3.38 - 30i takes the latest bills

Is there different software for ID 003 and ID 024 or would it be the same?
Nashional
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »

OK, how about this...

Can I purchase a brand new 13-SS with ID003. Than take a 13-SS I already have with ID024 and remove the 024 EPROM and put it in the 003 transport and it'll then be a 024 (and work in IGT)?
Nashional
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:55 PM »

If anyone needs this information, here's what I've found out:

ID003 is for (at least) WMS. ID024 is for (at least) IGT IGames.

You can switch the EPROMs between WMA-13-SS BVs to change the manufacturer they will work with.

If there is a (white) panel on the left side of the BV, it's a piggyback board that makes it work with Bally. Take it off for IGT and WMS.
JCM Tech

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »

JCM software comes in several protocols for gaming . ID-022/023, ID-024 and ID-028 are for IGT. ID-022/023 is for older games, prior to Netplex. ID-024 is Netplex and ID-028 is used on newer AVP platforms when they are not Emulating the older processor. The difference being ID-028 can utilize the USB connection on the UBA or IVISION. ID-003 is used for most other games now a days and unless you are using a DBV model it is your only other choice.
A complete list of the different protocols is on the JCM site at   http://jcmamerican.com/en/support/downloads/protocols.aspx

If you have questions about what version you need/have, there is a place on the JCM site you can get information on any specific version.   http://jcmamerican.com/en/support/downloads/SoftwareInfo.aspx
Enter at least the country, country code, hardware and protocol and you will get a list of available versions from newest to oldest. Select the version you want and you  are directed to a PDF with information on that version with all kinds of handy information including what was changed when the software was revised

* Software info.jpg (78.37 KB, 717x579 - viewed 357 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.