Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA 13-SS rejects bills/tickets most of the time
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA 13-SS rejects bills/tickets most of the time  (Read 4837 times)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« on: April 13, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »

I have a really hard time getting my WBA 13-SS to take bills or tickets.  The ticket is rejected before it even gets to reading any part of it ... the ticket goes in about a quarter of an inch and then is rejected.  I have to shove the ticket in quickly to get past that "hump" and then it's about a 90% rejection rate.  Only 1 out of 10 times can I get it to accept the ticket after I keep trying.

I thought it might be the gears as they sound sluggish, so I oiled the shafts of each gear and then blew them out with compressed air.  I even oiled the motor rod.  I then ran through the BV tests using the GK menu just to let it run with and without the cash box.  But, tickets are still almost instantly rejected before the ink even hits the head.

Do I just simply need a new transport or BV?  Or is there more maintenance I can do? Help

Thanks! wave
 Hail
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »

I should add too that the ticket slips.  BV will try to grab the ticket and the gears are running and ticket is slightly moving, but not going in.  Then, when I push it in, it doesn't flow smoothly, like it's slipping on the belts.  I assumed it was the gears, but maybe the belts? 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

Dave  if you open the top of the head with power on, the belts in the head will contune to run.  I just take a damp rag and hold it to the belts to get the glaze off them. Pencil eraser would probably work just as good.

Bring yours with you to the drawing next weekend and I'll trade you for a good one.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »

Dave  if you open the top of the head with power on, the belts in the head will contune to run.  I just take a damp rag and hold it to the belts to get the glaze off them. Pencil eraser would probably work just as good.

Bring yours with you to the drawing next weekend and I'll trade you for a good one.

Hey thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a shot and see if that helps grip the tickets better. 

Looking forward to catching up with you next week.  Making a Harrah's overnight stay out of it.  I may go see Chuck too and see what he's got new. 

As always, thanks Buzz.  I'm also bringing those simms for you - already set them aside so I don't forget. Plastered Buddies
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »

I think I'll hit the Strip and see if I can find that nurse you all were talking about in another thread and see if she can come with me to make sure you're okay. yes  What I noticed was, she had awfully long gloves.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »

You had better save her for Bunker, I think my Wife ( that I don't live with ) is going with me.

. yes  What I noticed was, she had awfully long gloves.

Yes Sir  and her legs went all the was up to her Ass, I know cause you could see it in the picture.

Dave you know I'm gonna get in trouble today and these NLG cops are gonna get all over me. I'd better log off while I'm still a member.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

I'm still here.    Just talked to Joey and he ask me, no he told me to post and ask how many of the members are going to be at the drawing.  Reason being I'm going to cook up a whole load of meat for Taco's and we have no idea how much will be enough. Oh and Ill bring a BIG jug of Rolaids/Tums.

Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:57:58 AM »

One thing you can look at is the head. Pull it out of the transport and open the top. The plastic that keeps the money going in straight are removable. Over time they develop grooves in them from the bills and tickets. Some times they will get stuck there and can't go any further so the BV spits it back out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.