Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:58:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  DBV-11 WBA 12/13-SS ID 003 Bill Validator not accepting Bills (most of time)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-11 WBA 12/13-SS ID 003 Bill Validator not accepting Bills (most of time)  (Read 9844 times)
BigBird0000
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:54 PM »

I have the above bill acceptor in my Atronic Sphinx.
Lately it has not been accepting bills very well.

The eprom is labeled
          WBA 12/13-SS ID 003
          V3.60-30i (D4BA)
          seely 9/14/06
          JCM American Corp

Are there any manuals available for cleaning (I tried "Bill Cleaners"), and/or maintenance.
Anyone know where I can updated firmware (I can burn proms).

--alan
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »

Go to the JCM website.

One step at a time.
BigBird0000

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »

Tried looking on jcm-american.com and jcmglobal, couldn't find stuff.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Go here

http://www.jcm-american.com/en/support/downloads.aspx

One step at a time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »

Big Bird The only thing is when your trying to find these manuals, you have either a DBV or you have a WBA they are two different animals. Both made by JCM, but different.

If it was accepting bills and then started rejecting them, try cleaning the optics in the head. If it's a WBA transport a 10 or 12 must be flashed programed, a 11 or 13 has a eprom. If your in doubt pull it out and look at the bottom of the transport, if you see a eprom it's a 11 or a 13. no eprom it's a 10  or 12.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
sbw

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »

how do you do a flashed programed, I also am having problems
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »

The transport must be sent to someone that has the programmer.  Myself I have Ben at Fannini Slots 928 422 3113 do mine but I drive right past his shop when I go to see Joey, Jim at Blueridge 703 730 0821 can also do them. Ben is in AZ and Jim is on the East coast.  Both of them have a Banner ad on the home page.

sbw

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »

thanks for the info, the more I have been reading on bill validators, not sure if this is my problem, I have WBA 12 now but I had a WBA 13, the WBA 12 is new, neither one will except bills, when i set all dip switches to off but 8 is on my led red lights come on but no blinking, same on both WBA, I thought they were suppose to blink but now I read that it is normal for the led lights to be on with no blinking on the WBA 12???   
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:51:45 AM »

sbw  I don't know a whole lot about BVs other than they seem to hate me but let me ask a couple of questions. You stated that you did have a WBA 13, did it ever work in your machine ??  Did the WBA 12 you now have ever work in your machine ? By the way which make and model machine do you have ?? Now on the transport part of the BV ( rear ) there should be some tags with the numbers of the software that's programed into the transport. They should be like ID 003 or ID 024,  these are very important numbers because they must match the make of machine you have.  Last question do you still have the WBA 13 ?? If so we can look around and find you a updated eprom for it and you should be good to go.

sbw

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »

the WBA 13 was working when I first got my machine but not real good, sometimes I would have to try a few times before it would take the bills, then it got worse so I cleaned it and it worked alittle better then it just stop taking the bills but  they both take the calibration paper but the LED lights dont blink just stay lighted. the WBA 12 never worked but it will do calibration but same thing no blinking lights to tell me what is wrong. I have a game king IGT, I looked on both of the WBA the only tags I see says issued by jcm and then some bar codes and the # 501-03-15, then on the 12 there is OK 2345, and on the 13 OF 2345...I see no ID #...now I am not sure what is the eprom but it is the only thing different on the bottom of the transport,  on the 13  on it is this #  89524AH   NM27C0400   120, someone was talking about credits??
sbw

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »

when I bought this machine, they gave me nothing, no manuals, I asked for one but they had none, then a year later the monitor went out tried to call them but they went out of business. so I changed that out and then the main battery went out so I had to have a guy solder a battery holder and put in a new battery, so I am learning, but know very little
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 01:35:14 AM »

Hey don't feel bad, if I told you everything I know you still wouldn't know anything. Tell you what, PM me yor address and I will send you a updated eprom for your WBA 13

sbw

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

Buzz I wrote you a message on your PM hope I did it right.  Just wondering what a eprom does. I did a auto config someone was telling someone else to do this for the WBA..it said it was requesting, then it said installed but it still did not work, I tried both the 12, and the 13, but actually the 12 never showed as installed.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »

I sent you a PM. And yes I got yours.

That 12 you have may be programmed with a different ID than the one you need. The 13 you may have a bad transport or a bad head. I told you in the PM how to swap the heads, that may fix it and may not. If you have time drive over here and I grantee you will leave with a working BV and it won't cost you a dime.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.