Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA 12-SS Not working when Slot is first turned on
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA 12-SS Not working when Slot is first turned on  (Read 2816 times)
Vince
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 05, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »

Hi all:

I have a S2000 and having a weird issue with the Bill validator.

Machine worked fine for months...I turned it off about 1 month ago and turned it on a few days ago.

First thing I noticed upon booting, the BV whirred longer than usual...Then upon bootup, I got a BV jam when boot up completed... Nothing I see that caused the jam.... can clear the Jam by Sliding the door latch up and down, Then I can play reamining credits.....But BV does not light up or accept bills.

I removed the BV and and opened both doors and see no jam....I cleaned all the sensors I can see, and used compressed air to blow of any dust.

The BV was then inserted and works fine.

Here is the mystery to me....When I turn the machine off for a few hours or days and try to play again, The BV acts up again.  But if I turn off the machine and immediatly turn it back on...No issues with the BV.  It alamost seems like it needs to warm up, which makes no sense to me.

Do I need a new BV? and if so, is it plug and play, or will I have to adjust settings?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:57:49 PM by Vince » Logged
monitorman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »

If this is a old S-2000 You might have a WBA Power supply in the game and It might have dried up caps in it that need to be replaced. or your game power supply is starting to go bad.

You said it takes a long time to cycle so it also could be dirty optics in the BV.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:59 PM »

if you can find another bv from an S2000 it should be plug and play most likely; look for ido 24 for igt to make sure.  might need a reboot or open/close of main door after installing new one.  make sure your cashbox is fully pushed in and the dip switches on the side of the bv are all up.  if it seems like power related it could be your dc power supply behind the reels.  if you can solder you can replace the caps inside it and probably bring it back to life.  honestly having to reseat the bv after power up isn't that big of an issue to deal with; might not be worth spending the money on another bv or power supply?  waving flag yes 

also you mentioned a bv jam.  was that the tilt on the vfd after the power up?  if so you may need to do a deeper clean on the bv head; it tears down pretty easily and a little dish soap and water with a toothbrush is perfect, rinse with clean water to reduce spots on the lenses & make sure you give it time to dry out before reassembly.  no alcohol on bv's and i wouldn't use the wife's dishwasher either.  Crazy
good luck!!

Now You're Techin'!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.