Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  wba 13 question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wba 13 question  (Read 6631 times)
clizifer
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 15, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »

ok so one of my machines has a wba-13ss head in a wba-21ss transport. the unit accepts and rejects us currency bills. currently all I can get it to actually accept tho is my $1 bills 2006 and 2009 issue. im guessing my other notes are too new, most of them are 2009 issue as well tho. when I inspected the transport the eeprom in the bottom of it has a sticker that says new $10 on it. so my question is how do I find out what software this eeprom chip is as to what it will accept?? is there somewhere I can get a new chip with current software?
clizifer

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »

I almost forgot lol when my machine accepts the $1 bill its only giving me 2 credits. I believe this was a 50cent machine at one point but now ive set it up for quarters. how can I change it to give me 4 credits for a dollar?? is that something I need to change in the slot machine itself?? its an igt s+ machine by the way. thanks
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

Check the dip switches on the right side if head.  They all should be up.  What type slot machine do you have?  

clizifer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »

all the dip switches on the side are up. its an igt s+ haywire deluxe machine
rjpohl
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:38 PM »

I'm fairly sure that new $10 is the best your machine will do.  It will not accept  the new 5's or $100's. 

clizifer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »

ok, but it wont accept any of my 10s...

any idea how to change the amount of credits the machine gives for each dollar??
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »

when I inspected the transport the eeprom in the bottom of it has a sticker that says new $10 on it. so my question is how do I find out what software this eeprom chip is as to what it will accept?? is there somewhere I can get a new chip with current software?

Well, you are lucky and have a WBA13, so all you need is an updated BV EPROM, should you ever want to use that BV in another machine!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:23:15 AM by CVslots » Logged

clizifer

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

ok, unfortunately I don't have a $50 around to try. I have several $10s tho and haven't been able to get any of them to accept. they are mostly 2009 issue and 1 beat up 2006. im guessing its not the newest update. where would I be able to get the the most recent chip for this unit??
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 01:22:12 AM »

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!!! I'm all screwed up!!!! I pulled that from my notes it's all wrong. That was for the darn DBV200!!! Jim will slap me sideways if he sees me misquoting him!  hide4

To get the most recent chip, just post a WTB in the Classifieds section up at the blue buttons at the top left of the page! That one I am sure of!

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »

The new $5 software is the last one available for the S+ protocol.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
clizifer

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:06 AM »

perfect so it will accept new $5s as well?? i need to get this software lol none of you guys have any extra chips??
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »

The Head number has NOTHING to do with software except US or CAN, you have a WBA-11 Set Up now NOT a WBA-13

The Head is the Same for WBA 10,11, 12 &13 on US and 20, 21, 22 & 23 on CAN (and other non magnetic money)

The 1x is US the 2x is CAN

You are only able to accept up to the New NG $10 one way with that BV - the WBA-11 you have now (Face UP, Top of Head to Right)

Never go by stickers - the BV you had was from Canada, shipped to US, Head sold off and replaced with US Head and Software

I would only go by appearance of unit and sticker on software if Eprom and factory chip

You can as mentioned in other thread change your unit and Harness to WBA 12/13 and accept 4 ways

The new NG $5 will only be available in a WBA-12 (No Eprom Available) or you can have WBA-13 with 4 Way acceptance up to New NG $10

The WBA-11 has poor acceptance of new bills and folded money of any age as way too much info for 1mb

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
clizifer

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »

ok, I think your right. my bills will only be accepted if they go in the one way.
so your saying I have a wba-11?? the sticker on the head says its a wba-13ss.
the transport itself has an eeprom chip on the bottom and says its a wba-21ss

im wondering what my best bet is here. ultimately it would be cool if the machine could accept Canadian currency. if all I have to do is change the head then that would be great, but im guessing there is going to be eeprom issues, finding a chip that will do what I want to do. if I purchased a different wba-13 head would my machine have more acceptance of different us currency notes? or again will I have to change the eeprom chip as well?

im having a hard time finding anyone that sells a bill validator set up for Canadian notes, or even anyone who knows where to buy the eeprom. I have a few machines here to play with and I was thinking of trying to get this one to accept us currency. then I will  swap out one of the mei validators on another machine for a wba-23 and try to get it to accept some Canadian currency. ive found complete wba-23 setups to go into my igt s+ slot machine but none of them are for Canadian currency so then I would have the problem of changing the software
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »

The easiest way to tell if you have mislabeled parts is to look a the connector on the back of the transport that mates to the cage.  Take a picture of it and post it, but basically the WBA 10/11 transports used a sort of "edge" connector, and the WBA 12/13 used a connector with square plastic "pins"

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.