Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  need info on this GE MOV
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need info on this GE MOV  (Read 5470 times)
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

Found on some gaming equipment. A small diameter MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) part number GE G6 2504. Does anyone know the specs for this part or where I can get a data sheet?
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 10:56:58 PM »

Here's a link to Galco's site.  Give them a call and they can probably cross the part number for you.  Good luck.

http://www.galco.com/pcats/vari-hrs-11.htm

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

Found on some gaming equipment. A small diameter MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) part number GE G6 2504. Does anyone know the specs for this part or where I can get a data sheet?

Question.....

WHERE in the machine is this MOV (really a VDR) being used? is it noise suppression or in the degausser section on a CRT?
USUALLY MOV's do not just "fail" but when they do try to arrest something big it's a fire job.
To be honest, in most applications the machine should be fine WITHOUT IT. Since they usually have switcher type supplies, they are pretty bulletproof as it is. It it's discolored or blistered, simply cut it out of there and fire up without it....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »

Question.....

WHERE in the machine is this MOV (really a VDR) being used? is it noise suppression or in the degausser section on a CRT?
USUALLY MOV's do not just "fail" but when they do try to arrest something big it's a fire job.
To be honest, in most applications the machine should be fine WITHOUT IT. Since they usually have switcher type supplies, they are pretty bulletproof as it is. It it's discolored or blistered, simply cut it out of there and fire up without it....

Kirk

+1. The MOV is usually used to clamp a spike or surge, and they sacrifice themselves to do it.

Of course that raises the question, "Why did it fail?" Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 03:26:42 AM »

Can you post a good picture of this component you're looking for?
You've sparked my interest and now I want to find it so you can get your machine up and running again!
Brichter is right though, if that component is bad, something else caused it to go bad...
so replacing it may not solve your problems and it may just blow up again until you locate the real problem!
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 05:22:15 AM »

I will bring my camera when I get back to the shop in a couple of days.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.