Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Pinball Games
| | |-+  Help Bally Hi-deal Pinball - flipper scoring points!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Bally Hi-deal Pinball - flipper scoring points!!!  (Read 5401 times)
foxbat426
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:49:36 AM »

HI, I recently purchased a Bally Hi-Deal em pinball machine at a great price. Its a bit rough but it worked for about 1/2 hour just fine, until it started going batty! I'm hoping someone has seen this and can offer me some help.

When i turn on the machine, all lights come on and it sits there waiting for me to hit the start button. As soon as i hit the start button, the machine jumps to about 500 points automatically. When i hit the flippers the machine starts running up points, and will keep running up points as i keep hitting the flippers. It's like it has a mind of its own. It's obvious something is stuck, but i just don't know where to begin looking. Can anyone give a suggestion.

Thank-you in advance,

Sincerely, john
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 01:07:47 AM »

you have a leaf switch that is a little too close, therefore any slight vibration such as the flippers engaging will cause the points to roll up. Find out what the point value is that is rolling up and you can narrow down as to which switch is a little too close. most of the time it is a thumper bumper or a slingshot switch. Once found, adjust the switch open ever so slightly until it will not read on a slight vibration. They make a leaf switch adjust tool for this purpose, but a small pair of needle nose pliars will work in a pinch.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:18:30 AM »

HI, I recently purchased a Bally Hi-Deal em pinball machine at a great price. Its a bit rough but it worked for about 1/2 hour just fine, until it started going batty! I'm hoping someone has seen this and can offer me some help.

When i turn on the machine, all lights come on and it sits there waiting for me to hit the start button. As soon as i hit the start button, the machine jumps to about 500 points automatically. When i hit the flippers the machine starts running up points, and will keep running up points as i keep hitting the flippers. It's like it has a mind of its own. It's obvious something is stuck, but i just don't know where to begin looking. Can anyone give a suggestion.

Thank-you in advance,

Sincerely, john

Without a manual, it will be tricky. On the MPU controlled Bally machines, you can put it in test mode and it will display a number that corresponds with the stuck switch. But that machine is all 'mechanical'. Might have to just inspect every set of contacts. But you might be able to narrow it down by looking at the targets that score 500 points since it does it as soon as you hit start. .
foxbat426
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:27:03 AM »

well i say it's jumping up to 500 when turned on, but not all in one shot. It goes in what seems 100 point increments and sometimes it stops at 200 sometimes 600, so i'm guessing it is one of the 100 point bumpers or slingshots like the first poster said.  Then when i start hitting the flippers the points start jumping. It's crazy!

This is a huge help and I want to thank you guys for your troubleshooting suggestions. It will get me started in what to look for tomorrow and hopefully get this machine up and running again. \

All help and suggestions welcomed!

Sincerely, John
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »

easy fix if you follow  br post i would have said same thing good luck  on em pins just like em  slots there  nothing you can,t fix
you have a leaf switch that is a little too close, therefore any slight vibration such as the flippers engaging will cause the points to roll up. Find out what the point value is that is rolling up and you can narrow down as to which switch is a little too close. most of the time it is a thumper bumper or a slingshot switch. Once found, adjust the switch open ever so slightly until it will not read on a slight vibration. They make a leaf switch adjust tool for this purpose, but a small pair of needle nose pliars will work in a pinch.
foxbat426
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

- Thanks BR and everyone else who answered. I got it working and yes the problem was a stuck relay, thx for your expertise! -  and happy thanksgiving.

John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.