Has anyone converted S+ from DBV to WBA (Moved to IGT from general reel stuff)

<< < (6/7) > >>

StatFreak:
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 02:18:07 AM »
CaptainHappy 

Rick,

You beat me to my photo posting. Thanks as they are interesting.  :71- :71- :71-

You can see in my photos posted below that my outer frame is different than yours. Maybe your machine is new than mine, what year was yours built in? Maybe yours was upgraded before you got it? Maybe someone else reading may know for sure on this issue?

In my photos, you can see on the bottom of a frame a "guide" piece for the DBV-200 cash can. The two sides of this are bent up and prevent the WBA cash can from being inserted since it is WIDER than the DBV-200 cash cans! The darn piece is welded as a part of the frame>  :37- Too bad it was not just a screw in piece! I checked another of my machines, and it had a similar setup! This may be why I am having problems inserting the inner frame as well? I usually have to put it in at an angle for the DBV-200 also, but the one for the WBA extends further back on the left side where the connector is mounted. That is why the picture where it hits is shown. Does yours hit, or slides in perfectly?

Just like yours mine, has the two guide posts, and the two screws in the back.

Also, does your door bezel with the yellow $1 to $100 still lite when it wants you to feed it like it did with the DBV-200? I think you had the wires hooked up, and I never confirmed if it still would work.

As far as my bezel issue, I took off the clear yellow entry and found the following part number on it:  INT58147600 REV:A K.S. 04/05. I wonder of yours has a part number a well? I will not know if it fits right until I can get the outer cash can/validator frame issue resolved. I am not sure if that is an item that someone has sitting in a junk pile????

Thanks again for your help.  :72- :72- :72-

Mark

StatFreak:
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 06:26:08 AM »
rickhunter

Based on your pics it's safe to asume that your outer frame needs to be replaced.  Should be like 3 hex nuts on the back inside and one screw attached to the reel shelf.

My "Duck bill" does not have a part number.  It is unlikely that it would be same as mine is black.

You learn something new every day.  The DBV based machines have a different outer cage.  I'm pretty sure you should be able to find a scrapped part from someone.

Regarding the light bezel.  The light only stays lit when idle.  When a bill is inserted, the light goes out and doesn't come back on until all credits are issued.  Also as you spin the reels, the light goes out and doesn't come back until the machine is back to idle.

StatFreak:
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »
CaptainHappy

Thanks Rick,

It sounds like the lite works just as I expected it would. This is how I would know if it is working properly.

I was hoping that I was not the unlucky guy that had the different outer frame problem, in two machines as well of course!  :37- :37- :37-

I will have to search for a scrap outer bill validator frame, so if anyone reading has any ideas please let me know. Also if someone knows about the black WBA duck bill as well that would be cool.

Have a great day!  :89- :89- :89-

StatFreak:
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 04:40:20 PM »
CaptainHappy

An update for anyone looking at this old topic......

There is definately a different Door Bezel for WBA vs. DBV.  I finally got a bunch of IGT Barcrest machines in that had WBA setups for comparison purposes! The opening in the WBA is wider than DBV, so that is why it hits if you attempt to shut the door.

Captainhappy

StatFreak:
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »
Railroad94

This topic was A great help.  Did one of my conversions last week and it was to simple.

As the picture shows the mars is now on the shelf as A spare.  The outer door cage was the style with out the ramps and the WBA shelf fit right in. The door bezel seemed to be right since it did not hit when closing .

The power supply that was original to the MEI,MARS works with no issues but I believe it is different from the standard WBA p/s.   :25- Can't find the part # for the p/s at the moment but I think it was 13v@1.5amp ,will post later but what is the voltage and amperage output on the WBA p/s?

Anyway thanks to everyone on this subject and to the people who helped me upgrade my wba 13

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page