Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Need Reels cleaned..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Reels cleaned..  (Read 8174 times)
KAHUNA21
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

Looking for someone in the Inland Empire (So. Cal) that cleans slot machine reels.  I have a Bally Series E and I have been getting the "71.000" error message.  The shop I bought it from (In Florida) says the reels need to be cleaned.  I had one guy in Victorville who said he hated Bally machines and wanted to charge me $200.  I need help if you can...  Thanks...
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »

The reels themselves don't get dirty and cause the error. It's really the levers and mechanisms that control the reels getting all gummed up over the years. You could do it yourself by removing the whole reel shelf assembly (it's the 3 reels and the shelf under them), removing the reels to get them out the way, then cleaning and lubricating everything. 

It's a tedious job, but not extremely difficult. WD-40, a toothbrush, and some 3-in-1 oil is all you need. Might take you 3-5 hours. If you decide to do it yourself, let us know and we'll give you some more info.

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »

Might want to take a look at these threads....especially the first one.  yes

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=20278.msg165331#msg165331

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2785.msg22497#msg22497

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11427.msg99053#msg99053

tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »

Clean and Lube the entire reel mechanism to a point you can rotate/spin the 2 black cross shafts easily . All the linkages have to move independently from each other on these shafts.
KAHUNA21

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

Thank you for your assistance, I still need to find someone in So. Cal that can help me out to get it cleaned. 
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:47 AM »

I am from the East Coast however I would imagine that So. Cal. is a big area.  I do have a friend who is a master mechanic with the older EM's that should be able to get you up and running.  Where are you in So Cal?  I will forward your infor to him if you would like.

Ra
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »

I am from the East Coast however I would imagine that So. Cal. is a big area.  I do have a friend who is a master mechanic with the older EM's that should be able to get you up and running.  Where are you in So Cal?  I will forward your infor to him if you would like.

Ra

He actually did tell us he is from the Inland Emoire area, that would be Riverside, San Bernardino area. Just say a hour East of LA. I live close enough but I don't know beans about a EM and don't think I want to.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
KAHUNA21

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »

I am in the Inland Empire (San Bernardino County).  I live in Rancho Cucamonga.  No one seems to want to work on an old Bally's machine.  I have even offered to send the reel mech to them to get it cleaned, and no one wants to touch it...  lol
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »

I am fairly new to this hobby, but have delved deep into these E2000 Bally machines as I picked up dozens of machines to restore.

I have recently done several of the reel assemblies on the E2000 machines. I'm in northern Colorado, a bit far away from you, but have the reel and hopper work nailed down to a science. If you want to chance shipping it, I'll be happy to do the dirty deed on it.

Once you understand what must move freely and how the mechanism operates, it's really not that big of a project. They are mechanical in nature, but pretty reliable once they are set up properly.
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

Give LA Slots a call. They are in Redondo Beach just off the 405. Telephone No. 310-297-9797. Unfortuntely they may require you to bring the entire slot machine in to their shop. Call and ask. If that does not work I also have the name of a slot tech who may make a house call.

Richard
OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 11:06:50 PM »

If LA slots still has Mr. Andro working there, tell him Bergie says hi.
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 12:34:53 AM »

I have not been to LA slots or contacted them for a while. The people I contacted over the years were Mike, Larry andmore  recently Ivan. I purchased my first  Bally EM from LA Slots. In the past few years they have moved away from selling Bally EM slots as the 25 year rule in California has permitted sale of  early model electronic slot machines from the late 80's. They still repair Bally EM's and I presume Bally E series as well.
JMac
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »

I have not been to LA slots or contacted them for a while. The people I contacted over the years were Mike, Larry andmore  recently Ivan. I purchased my first  Bally EM from LA Slots. In the past few years they have moved away from selling Bally EM slots as the 25 year rule in California has permitted sale of  early model electronic slot machines from the late 80's. They still repair Bally EM's and I presume Bally E series as well.

According to Larry, he never wants to see another E series machine show up...

Don Mueting is the only one that I know of in the L.A. area that will touch the E machines, and would you believe that he won't come to my place as I am 30 miles outside his service area!!

~- JMac -~
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »

I really don't understand the aversion to the reel repair. Once you understand how they operate, it's pretty straight-forward. Maybe wear is a factor, but you can replace bushings and make them work well. Oil and grease the moving parts properly, and it'll function perfectly.

At least in theory...
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »

I have a Bally Series E and I have been getting the "71.000" error message.  The shop I bought it from (In Florida) says the reels need to be cleaned. 

The only 71.000 error code I ever had, was caused by the cherry switch located on the front door next to the lock. I by passed the switch and my code stopped..  The reel hubs do have an oiling hole on one side. Put a could drops of a light weight oil in the hole to oil the bearings.. Doing these two things should fix the error code. Are you sure your reel reader boards working and adjusted correctly?

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »

I had one of my E2000s  with random reader
error codes that turned out to be dirty reader
bulbs and light sensors. Cleaned both and the
errors went away.

One step at a time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.