Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  1114 Hopper pays then requires reset
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1114 Hopper pays then requires reset  (Read 16490 times)
Groutrig
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »

Reno, I am annalizing your Post # 16 above and trying to follow your instructions to check the payboard. 
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »

Please note, your payboard is mounted upside down compared with normal ones, so don't let that be a confusion.  Most payboards have the soldered area at the bottom, but it makes no difference, it's just odd that's all.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »

I think if you install a eraser where the rubber bumper was and adjust the fingers where they should be ,  that should solve your problem.    also clean the foil runs as Reno has suggested, your are extremely

dirty.   remove the metal part from the unit ( two black screws)  make sure the inside of the metal is cleaned out of any goop, get a flat pink eraser ( the ones that are about 3/8 thick)  use the metal housing as a templet to get the size you need, cut that out using a industrial razor blade, use a 1/8 drill bit and using your fingers to hone out a small hole in the middle (this is where the adjusting screw will go into) push the eraser into the metal housing, let approx. 1/8 inch stick out from the end of the metal housing. re install on the counter unit and loosen the locknut and use an allen wrench to adjust the wiper fingers so they are on the reset pads. now, use your count up coil (operate it with your finger) to count two spaces, see if the wiper fingers are off the foil run, and when did they fall off the foil run. they should have moved off the foil run as soon as the second count was finished. you should be able to determine which way if any the wiper fingers have to be moved. once you have it adjusted correctly, ever time you use the count up coil to check a different count it should fall off the foil run after the last count. the numbers on the pads correspond to the count that should take place, e.g 2 would be a two payout for a single cherry, 5 would be two cherries, 10 would be three oranges etc. use the reset coil to reset the count each time.   you could do all of this with the unit outside the machine and not hooked up to the machine. strictly  using the count up coil and the reset coil and you fingers as the action devise.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 09:07:19 PM »

Jim, very well said.  Most excellent post, and it would be nice to somehow mark that so that others could easily find it, but I don't know how to do that. 
Would you start a thread, "how to replace your zero stop" and post that for us all?
Very clear and understandable.
+++
Groutrig
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 03:16:04 AM »

Old Reno & Jim, I can't thank you guys enough.  I followed your instructions and now my 'Ol Bally 1114 is purring like a kitten.  I have had this thing for almost 20 years.  My now married kids used to stand on a chair and play this thing for hours on end.  It has sat in the garage for the last ten years. 
I have cleaned the contacts, overhauled the handle piston, lubed it up, put new light bulbs, and now fixed the reset and payboard.  I don't think I could have been successful if it were not for you guys and others on this sight.  THANK YOU !
Now for cosmetics.  The chrome is pitted, etc.  It is going to come into the house next to my 1970's Juke Box.  Thanks again guys.
mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »

I guess I have some reading to do

ArtD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.