Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Need pix of pin wiring for 4 reel Bally single coin boards or Schematic/sketch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need pix of pin wiring for 4 reel Bally single coin boards or Schematic/sketch  (Read 4389 times)
zinda
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: October 28, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »

7th attempt to post this question I will not be providing a picture since there seems to be a problem with the server and clears my messages every time.

I have a Bally 25 cent single coin 4 reel Fruit lowbody machine that has "Hyatt at Lake Tahoe" on the front. Nothing else marked on it besides a Union Label on the right side near the reset key slot.
I have fixed numerous broken wires and have some that are not there at all so I need to know about the wiring by the payout board on the hopper. I have no wire conneting to the 18 coin payout. Where does that wire come from. There is no wire coming from the beau plug and I don't see where it could possibly have be connected to down in the lower assembly. Other wires were easy to figure out, I have gone through the entire machine after I fixed all the bad wires and have adjusted all the switches. It does function now, but it pays out every pull no matter what is on the line. It will pay 10 or 20, I have not seen what it does when it actually hits I only have 30 or so coins to work with right now and restocking after every pull is slow.

I noticed that the boards on the reels that select the pins that energize the circuits have either been swapped out or rewired incorrectly, poor solder job caught my eye right away. plus they have wires running to pins that the wipers can't even reach! I really need a picture of the stock configuration to get this thing paying correctly. Some one has had to have replaced these boards and has a picture of them or a sketch or numbered chart showing there placement to reinstall them. If not then I guess I will have to settle with a schematic of the circuits which will take considerably longer to work with.

So if any one can help me out in any way I'll be very grateful. Thank you I'm hoping this will post so I can go do something else with whats left of this day! Please Post Pictures
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »

This gentlemen has great set of prints. Maybe this will help with the wiring?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLY-SLOT-MACHINE-SCHEMATIC-WIRING-DIAGRAMS-64-80-Electro-Mechanical-/190918348003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c739ecce3#ht_1296wt_919

OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »

Hi,
I notice that Bally did try to keep some kind of consistency with their payout wire colors.
Here are the ones you might be looking for, which you should find soldered to the tabs of the payboard itself:
2 coins Red/yellow
5 coins red/white
10 coins blue/orange
14 coins green/red
18 coins white/red
20 coins blue/yellow (or maybe orange/black)
50 coins green/yellow (green/black?)
100 coins black/red
200 coins white/green.
Most of these wires come from the 1st reel board, through the beau plugs down to your hopper plug.
You should be able to ohm them out through your reel boards by clipping one lead onto the 90 wire (grey) on the 4th reel board, setting pays on the centerline, and then touching the other probe to the  correct color wire coming off the 1st reel board. However, if it pays left to right and right to left that will make it a touch harder.  Anyway, your grey wires are the feed wires through the reels.
Makes sure your reel wipers are correctly adjusted.
If you can figure out how to post pics, it would be a great help.  I know, but keep trying....
Hope this gives you some ideas and encouragement.
Also some idea of the pays and pay structure would help out.
zinda

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 11:50:48 AM »

Thanks for the info, I've been examining the way that things are connected right now to try and decipher what is currently happening with the wiring as it is. I've cut the extra obvious jumper wires that look like they go in circles on some connections. I have solved a few payout problems but I have discovered that the reels may not be installed correctly! or the tape is not in the correct position either. With so many things incorrect it's quite a bit harder to follow the trends of whats on the pay line and what's registering as payouts. I can get large payouts when there are not 3 or 4 of the same on the line and got into the reel placement issues. I ended up having to move 2 reels on their shafts to get the wipers or pin selectors to land at the correct positions! Yeah! Now I have all 4 reels placement on the pins being the same across the field. Then I have recorder the wiring that goes to each icon on the reels. I made sure that all wires are being used and noticed that there are a few being used for 2 or 3 others also. Some will only have 3 pins or 3 wires that represent the items picture while others will have 4 or 5 wires. The problem is that it's not necessarily indicicative of the hierarchy of the charcters they represent. As it would be expected to be more wires for the higher payouts characters being 7's as the highest but there are only 3 wires for Plums and 4 and 5 wires for Oranges and Cherries. But I have only gone through the first reels pin board so far. I'm not sure if each board is supposed to be reflecting the same wire set ups or if each has it's own scheme. Also without a schematic to show the flow of the signal I' m guessing that the flow runs through each boards pins to complete the circuits for each combination on the pay-line. So if the cherry shows it will automatically energize the 2 coin line even if there are no other cherries, if another lines up then the signal will travel through the next cherry pins to complete the circuit for the 5 coin payout. But if there is 1 cherry and 3 oranges will it pay 12 coins since the 3 oranges = 10 coins + the cherry = 2 coins? I'm not sure how the pay out board could deliver that amount without running 2 payouts, but I know that the machine is made to make sure this could not happen. Meaning only 1 payout per set of circumstances for each coin played. Whether it be no pay or any thing up to Jackpot, it's considered 1 action then reset? \

I'm gearing up to start to record the pin and wire relationship for board #2 in a few minutes and I should have a much better grasp of what's happening. I'll take your info along with me (out to the garage) and I'll see if I'm even able to apply anything at this point. Without the last payout wire connected to the payout board I'm thinking I'm never going to be able to really make any sense out of the actions. I tried to contact the last owner, he has nothing up for sale now so he probably will not be checking his messages. He had a number of machines in his garage when I picked this one up, so either he didn't bother with it or he may have been involved with the mods, it's hard to say. I didn't see any that looked like they were being fixed. He may just buy them to resell, seemed like he has no problem with cash flow so I'm pretty sure he's not the one bothering to do repairs. I could be wrong again. He asked me if I had planned on taking it in to repair it when I picked it up, so that made me think that he isn't repairing them, also I would not have been picking up a machine that was in pieces if he was repairing it. It's not that hard to slap it back together and at least have it be able to insert a coin and pull the lever.

Well thanks again, I'll post some pictures if it will let me. I've tried to shrink up my pictures to make them smaller but any smaller any they will become useless. I took a bunch in hopes to make things more visible to be able to understand the situation and where I'm at so people are not expecting that I could even be able to do some of the things I may be advised to do. I'm sure that there has to be a starting point that needs to be configured before I can expect to go to the next step. I have already tested the hopper and the payout board and found it to work properly. I noticed that there was a piece of scotch tape over the inner wiper contacts starting point at the 100 coin pay out (closest to the hopper).   I have since removed it, the only thing I can think of is they were not wanting to have it pay out the large amounts? But wouldn't it be easier to disconnect the Carry Over wires or would this cause a problem with the cycle of the machine?
  That's not really important just curious.

* Dscn2810.jpg (185.86 KB, 1598x1199 - viewed 344 times.)

* Dscn2814.jpg (920.15 KB, 4320x3240 - viewed 316 times.)
zinda

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »

I have been able to ID the Machine as a 1967 Liberty Bell Special in a lowboy cabinet. I forgot to include that I have changed out the pay out wires on the board and that's when I noticed that there is 1 wire missing that goes to another connection by the hopper wiring and then comes over to what I have figured out to be the 18 coin pay out.
 The pay outs are as follows:
1 Cherry=2 coins
2 Cherries=5 coins
3 Cherries=10 coins
4 Cherries=20 coins

3 Oranges=10 coins
4 Oranges=20 coins

3 Plums=14 coins
4 Plums=20 coins

I've taken a pile of pictures and have been studying the wires to figure out whats supposed to be happening, I'm thinking the easiest way to start is to deal with the payouts that only have 1 possible combination first. Like 3 Plumbs that circuit should just have 1 payout wire running from the 3rd reel. But What  need to know is how the 90 wire plays into that combination? Is it energized at the 3rd wheel or at the 1st? I think I've figured out that the signal runs from the last reel and goes back to the 1st to completes the path but I'm not sure if I need to have a 90 wire on all 3 reels or just 1 reel to start the signal. Does the signal need to have both wires connected through the path of all reels? Say the 36 is Plumbs and the 90 us the hot wire, does the 36 need to be on all reels along with the 90 wire or does the 90 wire just need to be on the 3rd reel to make the payout board hot?

3 Bells=18 coins
4 Bells=$25

3 - 8 Balls=$25

3 Bars-$25
4 Bars=$50

3- 7's=$125
4 - 7's=Super Jackpot

* DSCN2817.JPG (658.3 KB, 4320x3240 - viewed 356 times.)

* DSCN2809.JPG (472.8 KB, 4320x3240 - viewed 357 times.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:53:00 AM by zinda » Logged
zinda

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »

1 last thing, if you look really closely at the pictures you can see that someone has done some work on the pins boards, you can see the number and lettering system they have marked out on the boards. I have done mine slightly different in that I'm labeling each row with the icon it represents on the reels. I needed to know where each wiper was landing first.

* DSCN2812.JPG (767.82 KB, 3240x4320 - viewed 356 times.)
zinda

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »

I have solved this by drawing up my own wire Diagram which can be seen in another posting http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10831.0. There is a drawing of the Reel wiper boards updated 2-23-2014!
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 12:51:59 AM »

Nice work and good documentation and graphics.  Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.