Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally EM Monte Carlo -81: How to reset tilt?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EM Monte Carlo -81: How to reset tilt?  (Read 11927 times)
Lasse-T
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »

Hi, the slot-machine has accepted a coin and the spin light is turned on, but the tilt light is also turned on, which lockes the arm and makes it impossible to play. How can I reset the tilt?
I have switched the power off and on, but both the lights are still there. I appreciate any suggestions.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:08:01 AM »

Lasse please post a picture of the game you are asking about.  Also, I have found that most tild resets are plunger buttons on the right side of the inside of the cabinet.  If you see a button inside of you game push it and see what happens.

Ra
Lasse-T

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:30 AM »

Hi RiseLikeRa,
Tanks for helping.
I found what looked like a button down on the right hand side inside the cabinet, but this seems to be pushed in and blocked on purpose. Please find pictures enclosed.
Rgds Lasse

* image.jpg (211.77 KB, 960x720 - viewed 573 times.)

* image.jpg (273.83 KB, 960x720 - viewed 522 times.)
Lasse-T

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »

Here are 2 other pictures of the machine.
Lasse

* image.jpg (256.84 KB, 960x720 - viewed 441 times.)

* image.jpg (258.72 KB, 960x720 - viewed 523 times.)
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »

On the side where the handle is, there might be a key switch that might reset it if you can trigger it. Not sure really I have only one 5 reel machine and this must be disabled in my machine. OldReno might be able to jump in on this. Is this a Bally European machine? My eyes arnt what they used to be.
Dave

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »

Lasse:

Thanks for the pictures.  What a beautiful game.  I have been looking for one of those for years.  As far as the button, it would seem odd that a button came from the factory permanently disabled.  You problem is most likely to stuck contacts somewhere.  When I have a problem like this I try to work backwards.  I start at the tilt light and attempt to trace the wires as far as I can.  Sometimes you see something obvious.

A good friend of mine has a Monte Carlo (envy).  He is at work now.  I will call him later this evening if Reno has not chimed in and solved your problem for you already.  Both are great EM mechanics and should be able to help you toot sweet.

Ra
JMac
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »

The blocked door switch looks like it might be the door interlock (Safety - in some cases), switch in which case if it is, it is not related to your problem (Should not be).  As was mentioned, look for a key switch on the right side of the machine and activate it if possible.  If it does not exist, well forgetaboutit! Silly Me!

There is another reset that you might try, not sure if it will do it or not. It is shown in the attached photo, press on the end of the flat bar (Marked in RED), to the rear and it pushes the switch at the rear of the machine, behind where I marked it in Yellow - The power might need to be on, don't know for sure, so be carefull, remove ANY & ALL metal on your hands and arms, heck even anything hanging from your neck before reaching into an energized machine!

I have never had a tilt on any of my EM's, only my E-1000 so take this with a grain of salt.

Good Luck!! stir the pot / get cooking

* image.jpg (117.93 KB, 720x960 - viewed 581 times.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:28:55 PM by JMac » Logged

~- JMac -~
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »

I just LOVE those red and yellow circles!  The timer bar should NOT be the problem in this case since he has lights and the tilt light as well.  Putting in a call to my ace mechanic friend now.  Stay tuned.

Ra
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:33 AM »

Try releasing the handle as seen here:  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19336.0
and let us know if that helps.
That should make tilt light go off.
If not start the handle pull, then close the door to see if that has any effect.
Lasse-T

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I have tried all of them, but it doesn't help.
After the arm was released manually and the reels stopped, both the spin and tilt sign lit again.
The machine was originally used in Denmark and is now in Norway. I'm a happy new owner and everything was working perfectly for 2 weeks until some 7year old kids managed to do something with it on a childrens birthday party a few days ago. I guess they probably pulled the arm a bit strong without putting a coin into, and that may have caused the tilt mode?
I recently ordered "The Bally Slot Machine Owner's Pictorial Guide" from Amazon.com, but it may take up to 6 weeks before it's coming.
I'm new at this and this book will hopefully help me both with this and other future issues, but in the meantime I would really like it to work again.
Any other ideas?
Lasse
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »

Lasse:

Here are the suggestions of my mechanic...  First he wanted to know if you flicked the micro switch under the coin mech did the handle release.  Also he suggested to check the 50v fuse.  Are all of the coils not working or just the handle release?  The problem he believes may be a tilt relay often found in the head unit of the large cabinet EM machines.  I have seen them myself and they are usually clearly marked.  There is also a coil associated with this relay.  Check the contacts to see if they are ALWAYS open or ALWAYS closed. 

So...  See if ANY coin can be actuated.  Check for the TILT relay behind the Top Glass and see what you can see.

Good Luck
Ra
OldReno

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »

It sounds like Ra has it pegged, your 50V fuse might be popped.  (solid orange wire)
Also, look in your top unit, and see if your slam switches (large switches with weights on them) are closed.
Also, look for a coil/relay in the top unit that has 3 wires going to the coil.  This is probably your tilt relay, and if you push down on the armature, it should latch and stay latched.  The slam switches will kill power to this relay and that can cause a tilt.
BUT, again, it sounds like a 50V fuse has blown.
Lasse-T

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »

Hello again, I have finally found the problem. Thanks to everyone trying to help, especially Ra & Reno that were pretty accurate on their suggestions applause
It was a fuse that had popped and when changing this I found out the reason why it probably popped as well.
One of the "hold" buttons doesn't work. When pressing it in it causes disturbanses with most of the lights. By following the cable I ended up at a coil connected to the reel that doesn't "hold". That particular coil is also brown compared to the coils at the other reels that are green. I guess it's 2 plausible reasons why this one is brown. 1: all the other coils have at some stage been changed and the brown is the only original left and now out of function or 2: the coil has been heated and the green has been miscoloured.
Anyway, I need to replace this coil and I have no idea where to get one.
I'm enclosing pictures of the broken brown and a functioning green coil if that helps.
By the way, this machine is made for the Scandinavian market meaning the electricity here has 230 volts. I don' know if that matters regarding this coil, but it may be of importance?
Anyone that knows where to buy a coil like this? Scratch Head
Thanks, Lasse

* image.jpg (506.26 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 458 times.)

* image.jpg (605.45 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 432 times.)
OldReno

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »

See if you can find a number on one of the other good solenoids.  Then ask one of the vendors here if they have one.  Maybe someone with a hold and draw has the number handy...?
(We Norwegians have to stick together)
A solenoid is a coil with a plunger in it.
Good catch, by the way.
Lasse-T

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »

Hi Reno, thanks for your quick response. I'll check it out. So you're of Norwegian inheritage? Do you speak any Norwegian too?
Thanks, Lasse
OldReno

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 04:32:24 AM »

Don't speak the language, but last name is Bergland, and mother's side name is Sater (Satre?) Came from Bergen?

JanGbg
Computer engineer

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »

Hittade du en spole Lasse? Vet en kille i Sverige som jag köpt av.

BALLY EM Forever!
Lasse-T

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

Hei Jan,

Har dessverre ikke tatt meg tid til å sjekke det ut ennå. Har hatt for mye å gjøre, men har du en kontakt som selger slike spoler setter jeg stor pris på å få hans kontaktinfo.
Sverige blir også betydelig lettere og raskere å forholde seg til.
Hører derfor gjerne fra deg.
JanGbg
Computer engineer

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

Hei Jan,

Har dessverre ikke tatt meg tid til å sjekke det ut ennå. Har hatt for mye å gjøre, men har du en kontakt som selger slike spoler setter jeg stor pris på å få hans kontaktinfo.
Sverige blir også betydelig lettere og raskere å forholde seg til.
Hører derfor gjerne fra deg.
Hej!
Prova att maila till Magnus (magnus_bertilsson@yahoo.se). Lycka till!

BALLY EM Forever!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.