Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Couple Questions About a Bally 1088-13 EM Lowboy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple Questions About a Bally 1088-13 EM Lowboy  (Read 7687 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: March 01, 2014, 03:40:20 AM »

First of all I'm looking for a schematic for a Bally 1088 EM. Mine happens to be a 1088-13 lowboy. I have a speratic payout and bell. When you first start playing it, you don't get paid on a jackpot. Then it's will start paying as it should. Other times it just the opposite. Plays and pays, then the bell stops ringing on payout, then it stops paying all together? The other thing is, can anyone tell me what purpose the top door hinge switch does? Was it just connected to the candle, because mines not hooked up. It's just the candle without the wiring.

Thanks, Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
JMac
Resigned NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »

Gary,

A shot in the dark!  One of my 873's was doing the same thing on the payouts and bell (And candle), drove me nuts.  Make sure that the hopper and reel bundle beau plugs are making good contact - That was my problem, they were intermittent, a little tweak on the blades made all the diff.!

The door switch on mine tells the mpu that the door is open and a tech (Yea right), is working on or otherwise servicing it!  Without the switch telling the mpu that the door is open, one would not be able to use test mode, etc...

~- JMac -~
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

John, How yea doing? I've been thru those plugs both sides if both plugs. I've checked the soldering and even moved two wires that were on bad cabinet plug connections. I tried wiggling the reels and hopper when its happened without any luck? As for the door switch, this machine doesn't have an MPU.. That's why the switch has me stumped?

Gary

JMac
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:43:38 PM »

Gary,

All I can say at this point is; "Good luck!" - I am sure that you will find and fix the issues...

As far as the switch goes, no mpu, then it must have been to light the candle to signify that the door was open...  For some reason some previous owner disconnected some things, I am guilty in that regard..

Again, Good luck!!

~- JMac -~
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »

Sounds like either your payboard wipers need some tweaking, or your reel wipers.  Move your reels up and down with the pay up and see if that makes it pay.  Make sure your your wipers have enough tension, and are in the right spots.
Door switch? I dunno, maybe an alert for the floor people that the machine's door is open....
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »

I've tried the reel wiggle with no luck? I do see one wire taped up by the hopper relays, but I can't tell where it came from, thats why I'd like to find a schematic for this model. Couldn't be my problem any way since it does work correct when it wants too. The payout wipers are worn down but seem to be making good contact. I cleaned the wiper boards and fingers with a green scrub pad then applied a light coating of PBR contact grease. The reel bundle almost slides in and out of the Beau plugs too easy, but the female plug looks good, no bent or broken sockets. The males plugs are cleaned? I had another 1088 or 1089 machine, and it had the same door hinge switch? Might be time to start looking on the reels wiper board or payout board for a bad solder joint.

David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 01:40:12 AM »

Do you have harnesses so you can work the reel bundle and hopper outside the case? I think that would make troubleshooting easier.
Dave   Scratch Head

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:02:32 AM »

Dave, 
         Yea I have two 24 pin extension cables and an 18... Not a bad idea..   +1 (Karma, or whatever)  I'm going to double check the solder joints on the payout disk and reel wiper boards tomorrow. I did pull the payout board tonight. My zero stops not sticking and contacts are good. I did wipe down the payoff board once about two weeks ago, but it turned my Q-Tips black again tonight? I'm going to clean the reels wiper boards again tomorrow, since they were done at the same time? Not sure why it was so dirty that fast? It might have had something to do with the contact grease? It might have cleaned any tarnish off the boards contacts. I wish I had just one of the flat male pins from a Beau plug so I could check each of the cabinets female connectors to see if the were loose fitting causing a bad connection. Hard to tell with a complete plug.

Gary

JMac
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »

Gary,

How about plugging in your extension cables and then using a meter on them, check 'em pin for pin??  Not foolproof, but if it shows issues then you know you are going the right way!

~- JMac -~
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 04:39:45 AM »

Gary,
How about plugging in your extension cables and then using a meter on them, check 'em pin for pin??  Not foolproof, but if it shows issues then you know you are going the right way!
John,
          That's what I had to do with that 831 Fruit machine I just finished. I was a pain in the butt. One of the problems doing that is the extension cables usually fit tighter then the machine plug. That's why I was thinking of making a single flat connector test wire I could meter the connection with. Just need to see if I have a bad male plug for a pin connector.
Gary

David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Panhead

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »

You can also take 2 old ball point pens and remove the guts and push button ( 1 for each pin). Take an old Beau plug and remove a pin from it (male and female is good to have). This is where you improvise to get them to fit, into where the push button was you fit the solder tab down into it. Put some good epoxy to hold it in place. After it sets up good, you can use to test the tightness of each pin individually to look for play in it. Yes you can do the same without making the holder, but I lose the pins and my fat little fingers seem to drop things all the time.
Dave

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »

You can also take 2 old ball point pens and remove the guts and push button ( 1 for each pin). Take an old Beau plug and remove a pin from it (male and female is good to have). This is where you improvise to get them to fit, into where the push button was you fit the solder tab down into it. Put some good epoxy to hold it in place. After it sets up good, you can use to test the tightness of each pin individually to look for play in it. Yes you can do the same without making the holder, but I lose the pins and my fat little fingers seem to drop things all the time.
Dave
Dave thanks for the tip.. I just need to track down the male pin part. I have the female connectors from a broken beau plug.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 02:45:36 AM »

Well I tracked down a male beau plug pin and checked the female connectors, they seem fine.. I double checked the payout wiper board, and the hoppers relays, and found nothing wrong.. Played it for a while, and again the same thing happens  Scratch Head..  Wiggled reels, and hopper, nothing.. No payouts or bell at all  no..  Then I'm pulling the handle I noticed that the air plunger link rod is rubbing on the large white molex plug behind the handles gear box.. I pull the reels out and go to check the plug and notice a broken molex pin connector.. The wires insulation was worn off too.. Put a new pin on and used some shrink tube to fix the insulation.. Put it all back together, and zip tied up the wiring really good, and it now has a bell and pays out again.  Dancing Party  I will play it again in the morning, and hopefully that was the problem. Thanks for everyone's suggestion..

Gary

* broken wire.JPG (646.09 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 438 times.)

David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member

Panhead

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »

Clap applause Clap applause Clap applause Clap applause
YEA .... I love it when it all comes together.
Dave

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.