Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  coin in jam and meter disconnected?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: coin in jam and meter disconnected?  (Read 22321 times)
LT Games
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: April 07, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »

hi all,

I have some i game boards that are saying " coin in jam and meter disconnected" anyone have solutions?
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

according to some helpful info that Belbenchtech has posted in his "repair logs of various games," U74 could be your culprit.  good luck!

Now You're Techin'!!!
LT Games

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »

Thanks a bunch. I'll check on that.
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1470

Wild thing !

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

I found out today that if the little board is missing that is along side the MPU board you will get a "reels disconnected error"  The board pulls out of the outer case and you might not even know anything went in there.  I stuck one in and that error went bye bye, Along with coin in jam !  I will try to get a picture up soon.

waving flag   U.S.Auto Service
      Dan

* meter disconnected.JPG (45.34 KB, 480x360 - viewed 1106 times.)

* inplace.JPG (88.43 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1420 times.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:55:02 PM by usautoservice » Logged

waving flag  U.S.Auto Service
      Dan
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »

So you guys, is this U74 ?

waving flag    U.S.Auto Service
   Dan

* card.JPG (45.11 KB, 640x480 - viewed 666 times.)

Dan
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »

NO, that is the Cabinet I/O, U-74 is a IC chip on the I+ Video 3902 MPU board

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »

Well what ever it is, it was missing and when I replaced it the "reels disconnected and coin out jam" went away.

Try it, see if the 2 codes return.

Dan
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:08:37 PM by usautoservice » Logged

Dan
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Funny  I had same thing today on texas tea , 1st thing i did was change that board , still nothing, game use to work 6 months ago,  I got out some contact spray  put it on plug l put board in and out a few times about ten mims later i turned on game and now its working  , seems plug in cabinet was dirty
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »

I don't want to beat a dead horse but I just pulled mine and rebooted and got the "reels disconnected" ... put it back and all gone.

ok, the horse is dead now, this might help someone.

waving flag   U.S.Auto Service
       Dan

Dan
Skipper

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »

Hey guys on the forum, I hope I can help with the following problem: I have a processor IGT model IGAME + that is throwing the error Coin Jam and Meters Discconected, have rejected other than the door card, I have also changed the U74 is MM74C240WM. Of course I appreciate any help and suggestions you can reach me.

Regards Philip
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »

The meters are connected to the Cabinet I/O Card
Coin optics are connected to the Door I/O
both are Connected to the MPU through SENET ports on the motherboard.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »

Hey guys on the forum, I hope I can help with the following problem: I have a processor IGT model IGAME + that is throwing the error Coin Jam and Meters Discconected, have rejected other than the door card, I have also changed the U74 is MM74C240WM. Of course I appreciate any help and suggestions you can reach me.

Regards Philip

hi Philip,

is there any chance that the meters are actually disconnected?  or maybe there really is a coin in jam?  or it could be a problem with either of the aforementioned assemblies.  i've had hard meters go bad a few times, especially when they are given a drink!  frying pan  also could be bad or really dirty coin in optics if you have them.  if the coin in assembly has been removed make sure the plug for the assembly is properly jumped as well.  yes maybe start looking for pinched wires, especially near the door hinge.
if none of this helps i would probably swap the mpu with a known good to eliminate a possible SENET failure as Foster mentioned. lightning bolt lightning bolt
good luck!!

Now You're Techin'!!!
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »

Hi there, looks I am not the only one with this issue..

My I game Plus Ghost Island started showing the following tilt errors out of the blue while somebody was busy playing it, machine closed, credits there...

-coin in jam
-coin out jam
-meter disconnected.

So nobody disconnected anything 'hot'.

Furthermore all standard buttons are without function, also in test mode, no switch impuls, no light, only the 5? extra on top which are connected to the cabinet I/O board light up ALWAYS, but also no function. I/O board did NOT swap, cos only have the one.

I did the following:
checked and cleaned all contacts and cables
swapped both powersupplies with good ones from other I game
swapped and checked motherboard, no problem found
swapped the board assemly tray on top of MPU tray, which slides in the motherboard also and has most cables connected coming from the door
swapped / disconnected and reconnected hopper
did key chip complete RAM, EPROM and EEPROM clear 2 times, which in the keychip menu says "NO TILTS", after setup and exit key chip menu, the error messages come up again, not the coin out jam anymore.

Note: the machine is otherwise in very good condition, no power surge issues or other, MPU battery good, graphics good, sound good, BV starts up fine. The machine does only have one I/O board in the cabinet stucked in on top of power supply on left side. I/O board number: 75427802

After doing some reading here I have reason to believe the I/O board and / or the MPU is burned somewhere . However I do not visually find any blown elements, nowhere.
Now after I put back all the parts in the other machine which I used to swap the mentioned parts, now on start up the other machine also gives me a 'meter disconnected tilt, and a coin in jam tilt which disappeared later, I am without ideas how thats possible. Maybe faulty voltages DC from PS? where can I measure the voltages coming from the PSs?

Anyhow I would appreciate alot any advice and idea as to what should be replaced or checked further, maybe in the setup or diagnostics. i.e. hopper test says clear coin out jam first, only there is none...

From my place it looks like I should have another I/O board plus another MPU complete without the game software. I will order the parts twice to be sent to Namibia and Angola, cos things disappear along the way frequently...

If you recommend other or additional parts please advise. Is abit far off here to find competent people nearby.

Thanks alot everybody patient enough to reply
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »

I had a coin-in jam yesterday and it turned out to be that the I/O card in the door was loose.  I push it back in and the machine cleared itself.
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »

hi,
thanx, I think I don't have a I/O card in the door. where exactly shoul it be and look like? the same like the cabinet one?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

Yep, looks like the cabinet IO and it's probably located on the inside of the sheetmetal panel screwed to the door. All your deck switches, coin handling and BV wiring go into it and it passes signals on to the motherboard. The only thing that it doesn't process on the door is the BV bezel lighting and the door florescent lighting.
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »

nope. for sure I do not have such a board, I took apart most of the door last night, all the cabling (not the bezel light) which are not going to the other I/O board go to that strange big tray inside the cabinet sitting parallel on top of MPU and slides in the motherboard.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

Hmmm, sounds like Igames are wired a little differantly, gonna have to get one and study it yes Have you checked the seating and pins on the cabinet IO?
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »

yes but all my I games and Game Kings have that 'tray' which contains 2 boards by the way and are connected to the motherboard the same way the MPU is just more upwards. Yes I tried that and studied the I/O visually very carefully, looks basically new to me, the tray with the 2 boards embedded I swapped as I mentioned, same result, errors stay. I read somewhere about U 74 could be the culprit. what is it ? do I find it on the main board?
thanx alot so far, but I never had anything like that..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »

Hey Busch!
Make sure the power is "OFF" on the machine when pulling/inserting those I/O cards -
they burn really easy!
I know! I'm on my second set!  bawling
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »

Yes thanx, thing is what happened is this:

My I game Plus Ghost Island started showing the following tilt errors out of the blue while somebody was busy playing it, machine closed, credits there...

-coin in jam
-coin out jam
-meter disconnected.

So nobody disconnected anything 'hot'.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »

I think Bunkers just giving a heads up on not pulling any plugs or boards with the machine powered up while in the process of trying to track down what's causing the problem. I don't think he was refering to it as the original cause. We've had people before who made things worse by trying to move things along to fast and causing more damage by removing boards/plugs with the machine turned on
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »

yes is understood, that why my thank you, happened to me before to out of growing desperation and helpless anger, you know...
hey stayouttadabunker really I appreciat the warning/hint.
So what would you do? just buy new I/O board and MPU maybe, see what happens, only will be not cheap to have it couriered over here, and does NOT work, if it fixes the problem is easily worth it I guess. I want to check those voltages of the Power supply also DC, if there is a problem cos other machine does the same now after PS swap.
And I will need I think that 'funny tray' boards, 2 of them, just to rule that out too.
Hope I find a vendor who is fast and willing to send overseas, which is quite tricky at times in the US.
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

Hello Busch

Good to see You back on the forum - From what You describe it sounds like You have the original model I game with 038 processor. Dont know if parts for these are as readily available as for the more common 039 parts. I have attached a schematic for the IO board that may help.

Ian

* 82123702s03-04.pdf (107.11 KB - downloaded 457 times.)
* 82123702s03-03.pdf (29.92 KB - downloaded 364 times.)
Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »

Hi Ian,
yes I am still around sort of, hopeall good there your side.
I am not sure where to verify the version of processor. All I know is there is no 2nd I/O board in the door.That problem is more complex than I thought cos affects another machine too now which eludes me why.
I just want to renew all parts which can possibly cause the errors, and I need to do it fast. I have no tme for endless troubleshooting, so I rather just replace whole components and can later see to check the original parts.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.