Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy.
| |-+  Other Hobbies and Interests
| | |-+  OTHER HOBBIES OF MEMBERS ??
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OTHER HOBBIES OF MEMBERS ??  (Read 50202 times)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« on: October 08, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:00:28 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »

Trekkie Fan, photography, Aquariums, Animated Cel Art, Disney figurines, US Coin collecting,  US Stamp collecting and a partridge in a pear tree.

And like other guys cool video and audio gear and related gadgetry.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:17:44 PM »

On the coin operated amusements side, besides IGT + machines, I enjoy working on and collecting Pinball, Pachislo, Pachinko ( electronic and vintage ), Seeburg Juke Boxes, Arcade Games and any old and interesting coin operated stuff. I try and collect some of the games that I played when growing up at the Jersey Shore in the early 50's.  I enjoy sailing, cooking, working on the house and I really enjoy my job. I am the Facilities Director at a high end private Golf & Country Club. Great boss and very nice club members and our management teams all work well together. I am remarried and the second time is definitely better. I am DOJ registered and will occasionally sell machines to legal states.

Frank A

Frank A
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »

My other hobbies Amateur Radio, Computers, Motorcycling -- Goldwing

Eventually want to own a couple of pinball machines, and simulator type arcade games

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Flexpipe

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »

I am also into Pinballs, Computers, WDCC Classics, Latest and Greatest Audio/Video equipment, Classic TV- Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Addams Family, Munsters,  and the films of Laurel and Hardy. applause

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »

I have been involved in communications monitoring most of my adult life and currently hold a Advanced Class Radio License along with a Associates degree in electronics..  I am also very interested in amateur astronomy, lasers, HAM Radio, electronics design along with some programming. Other interests I sometimes manage to find time for are target shooting,  camping / hiking,  woodworking and just about anything to do with graphical design on computers, digital photography and the like...  I have always been and am still interested in High Powered Model Rocketry  Joe Cool

My latest fascination is with full working Vegas slot machines !!! ... My new goal in life is to learn everthing there is to know about them...I currently own 2 and am working on acquiring another !!!  Tempest

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:40:34 PM »

Well,
From my avatar...golf! 
I love bombing a ball 337 yards or placing beautiful iron shots into the green.
I raced Lasers for about 10 years, before that J-35's. A J-35 is about half the size of an America's Cup yacht.
Computers, dog training, puttering in the garage with a welder and various sprockets...making a go-kart!  Tongue Out
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:09 AM »

OMG I NEED TO GET A LIFE OR A NEW  HOBBIE/JOB   frying pan frying pan frying pan

30 Signs That Technology Has Taken Over Your Life

1. Your stationery is more cluttered than Warren Beatty's address book. The letterhead lists a fax number, e-mail addresses for two on-line services, and your Internet address, which spreads across the breadth of the letterhead and continues to the back. In essence, you have conceded that the first page of any letter you write is letterhead.

2. You have never sat through an entire movie without having at least one device on your body beep or buzz.

3. You need to fill out a form that must be typewritten, but you can't because there isn't one typewriter in your house -- only computers with laser printers.

4. You think of the gadgets in your office as "friends," but you forget to send your father a birthday card.

5. You disdain people who use low baud rates.

6. When you go into a computer store, you eavesdrop on a salesperson talking with customers -- and you butt in to correct him and spend the next twenty minutes answering the customers' questions, while the salesperson stands by silently, nodding his head.

7. You use the phrase "digital compression" in a conversation without thinking how strange your mouth feels when you say it.

8. You constantly find yourself in groups of people to whom you say the phrase "digital compression." Everyone understands what you mean, and you are not surprised or disappointed that you don't have to explain it.

9. You know Bill Gates' e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number.

10. You stop saying "phone number" and replace it with "voice number," since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into contraptions that talk to other contraptions.

11. You sign Christmas cards by putting :-) next to your signature.

12. Off the top of your head, you can think of nineteen keystroke symbols that are far more clever than :-).

13. You back up your data every day.

14. Your wife asks you to pick up some minipads for her at the store and you return with a rest for your mouse.

15. You think jokes about being unable to program a VCR are stupid.

16. On vacation, you are reading a computer manual and turning the pages faster than everyone else who is reading John Grisham novels.

17. The thought that a CD could refer to finance or music rarely enters your mind.

18. You are able to argue persuasively the Ross Perot's phrase "electronic town hall" makes more sense than the term "information superhighway," but you don't because, after all, the man still uses hand-drawn pie charts.

19. You go to computer trade shows and map out your path of the exhibit hall in advance. But you cannot give someone directions to your house without looking up the street names.

20. You would rather get more dots per inch than miles per gallon.

21. You become upset when a person calls you on the phone to sell you something, but you think it's okay for a computer to call and demand that you start pushing buttons on your telephone to receive more information about the product it is selling.

22. You know without a doubt that disks come in five-and-a- quarter-and three-and-a-half-inch sizes.

23. Al Gore strikes you as an "intriguing" fellow.

24. You own a set of itty-bitty screw-drivers and you actually know where they are.

25. While contemporaries swap stories about their recent hernia surgeries, you compare mouseinduced index-finger strain with a nine-year-old.

26. You are so knowledgeable about technology that you feel secure enough to say "I don't know" when someone asks you a technology question instead of feeling compelled to make something up.

27. You rotate your screen savers more frequently than your automobile tires.

28. You have a functioning home copier machine, but every toaster you own turns bread into charcoal.

29. You have ended friendships because of irreconcilably different opinions about which is better -- the track ball or the trackpad.

30. You understand all the jokes in this message. If so, my friend, technology has taken over your life.
We suggest, for your own good, that you go lie under a tree and write a haiku. And don't use a laptop.

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »

OMG I NEED TO GET A LIFE OR A NEW  HOBBIE/JOB   frying pan frying pan frying pan

30 Signs That Technology Has Taken Over Your Life

Yes...My life changed forever when I purchased my first CoCO computer from Radio Shack in 1979?  rotflmao

THEN while I was working for N.Y.Telephone I joined the ranks of the first geeks by test driving a 25 lb brick of a unit called a cell phone... bust gut laughing

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:17:35 PM »

Well, starting tomorrow I will be outside of Louisville, KY. for the fall Knob Creek machinegun shoot and show. Held every year 2nd weekend in Apr and Oct. The Apr.2008 show was cancelled due to flooding from the heavy rains. Weather says sunny in the mid 80's Woo-Hoo!!!!!! Will take my laptop along and check the site from time to time though.

Dan (tacman)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:02 PM »

Well, starting tomorrow I will be outside of Louisville, KY. for the fall Knob Creek machinegun shoot and show. Held every year 2nd weekend in Apr and Oct. The Apr.2008 show was cancelled due to flooding from the heavy rains. Weather says sunny in the mid 80's Woo-Hoo!!!!!! Will take my laptop along and check the site from time to time though.

Dan (tacman)

soooooo..jealous   censored  Happy shooting... angry-kitty

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 11:16:16 PM »

I share many interests in common with others here.

I hold an extra class amateur radio license, have an avid interest in photography, and am an amateur astronomer. I am a lifelong musician (piano) and have a home MIDI studio. I love watching movies of any age and I have an extensive collection. I'm a big Trekkie/er and collect both fan-made and original props. I also collect old U.S. paper money, Warner Brothers animation cell art, and space paintings.

I like numbers and statistics, particularly as they apply to gambling and blackjack theory. I got into fractal geometry and chaos theory a while back and spent some time creating fractal artwork on computers. I have an interest in lasers, but never did anything with them (I always wanted to setup a holography table but never followed through with it). I've been using computers since 1980 and even earlier, so I guess that's technically a hobby too.

I like fast cars in general and have fallen in love with the Corvette. There's the obligatory male video/audio/technology attraction of course.

And then there's slots, pinball machines, pachislo, and pachinko. I guess they could have gone without saying. Weird Eyes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tjkeller
NLG Translator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »

Hobby??...I think I had one of those once. Used some salve and it cleared right up! bust gut laughing

If I actually had the time, I'd like to do some fishing, camping, hunting.
If I had the $$$ I'd REALLY like to get back behind a yoke. Way too damned expensive to fly for fun anymore. Duh!

Thank God for Friends!!!
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »

I don't really have time for hobbies too much, I work 2 jobs 5 days a week 16 hours a day, friends this is what greed does to you, and my 2 off days are generally reserved for a mild comatose state. Luckily 1 of my jobs allows plenty of down time to cruise the internet and over see the day to day operations of my website.

Stat while I was reading your post I had a weird flashback to Dr. Evil talking about his past during group therapy.. for some reason
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 12:23:30 AM »

I don't really have time for hobbies too much, I work 2 jobs 5 days a week 16 hours a day, friends this is what greed does to you, and my 2 off days are generally reserved for a mild comatose state. Luckily 1 of my jobs allows plenty of down time to cruise the internet and over see the day to day operations of my website.

Stat while I was reading your post I had a weird flashback to Dr. Evil talking about his past during group therapy.. for some reason

I knew I shouldn't have plagiarized Austin Powers!  arrow Duh!  "Silly-me" made me do it.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »

My favorite car that I bought new off the showroom floor was a 1966 Corvette convertible in Mossport green, black interior and black top. I wish I could afford it now.

Frank A
tacman

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »

Well, weather is beautiful. I spent most of the day scrounging for and buying needed items. Here's a few pics of the range line. Before a black powder naval gun is fired and after! Koff-Koff

Dan (tacman)

* DSCF0030.JPG (106 KB, 640x480 - viewed 494 times.)

* DSCF0031.JPG (89.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 504 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »

I hold an extra class amateur radio license, have an avid interest in photography, and am an amateur astronomer.

Hummm...Presently have a Meade LX50 EMC 10" Schmidt-Cassegraine and a Smaller Meade Autostar Telescope along with a pair of Bushnell 16x50 Binoacs mounted on a tripod for stability... yes

Some of which i actually use to look at the sky with... bust gut laughing

StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:58:40 AM »

I hold an extra class amateur radio license, have an avid interest in photography, and am an amateur astronomer.

Hummm...Presently have a Meade LX50 EMC 10" Schmidt-Cassegraine and a Smaller Meade Autostar Telescope along with a pair of Bushnell 16x50 Binoacs mounted on a tripod for stability... yes

Some of which i actually use to look at the sky with... bust gut laughing

That's a nice scope. It's great to be in the SW United States, isn't it? yummy  We definitely have some of the best viewing.  propeller   I'm with you on the tripod for the binoculars. I don't do well without one unless I use image stabilizing models. One of our astronomy club members has a pantograph device. What's really nice about those is that once you are pointed at something you can let others bring the binocs to their eye level without losing the object.

I have a Meade LX200 8" SC with a set of four Naglers. They cost almost as much as the scope, but they make a world of difference. I have a Meade DSI imager pro but I've found the software difficult to work with. I also have a Coronado PST H-Alfa with a double stack.

I take the Coronado to our club's public daytime events. I used to drag my Meade to those events with a Thousand Oaks type II filter but the stuff was so heavy to lug around just for sunspots that I found myself volunteering to bring it less and less. With the Coronado I can carry the scope and the tripod in one hand from my car to the event, and people are much more excited about seeing solar prominences than sunspots.

Truthfully, I've been spoiled by looking through all the 18"+ Dobs owned by the other members of our club. I really got spoiled rotten a couple of years ago when Steve Kennedy (unfortunately not a member of our club bawling) showed up with one of his "smaller" scopes, a beautiful 28"  f2 point something truss Newtonian Dob (he was looking to sell it because he had "moved on" and only wanted to concentrate on making mirrors of 32 inches or more. Duh! Duh!)

The dumbbell didn't even look like a white dumbbell as it usually does. It had nebulosity and amazing depth. M13 actually had COLOR! It also looked three dimensional and had quite a bit of nebulosity as well as thousands of stars and detail that I had never seen before. I got to look at the Swan and a few globulars as well. With that super-fast mirror, the eyepiece was less than 8 1/2 feet off the ground, and that included the distance of the mirror face from the ground!

I couldn't look through my own scope for a month after that night! [drool drool ] Of course, one of his 30" mirrors costs more than most cars or a room full of slots. Oh well. I can dream...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:06:41 AM by StatFreak » Logged

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 01:40:20 AM »

One of our astronomy club members has a pantograph device.

I can only WISH we had a club here in Yuma...  bawling ... I guess they had one many many years ago but nothing in the last 10.  no

I have actually thought about transferring to Tucson since they have a club or 2 there... yes

Yes...I understand all to well what it's like to lug around a big scope...Now i live in "the city" right across from the Hospital and their is so much light pollution i am lucky to see the Moon  bawling hissy fit

What area are you in?  Scratch Head

StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 02:14:25 AM »

What area are you in?  Scratch Head

Sent you a pm.

westec1

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 03:33:15 AM »

My hobbies

Hanging out at the cottage BBQ, fishing CaptainHappy, target shooting, I do professional fireworks,

but my most time consuming Hobie is this one, slot's

Wes Tongue Out

Wes propeller
bobn
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 03:20:41 AM »

I am a game addict. I am either fixing/playing an arcade or casino game. I also play with my four kids. They love games as well. We hit Vegas arcades weekly.  propeller
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

Here is my other inside hobby

* DSCN0009.JPG (114.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 393 times.)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »

Are those transformers or legos etc. Scratch Head They are cool looking rigs. B.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.