Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:56:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Wells Gardner LCD-Red Only!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wells Gardner LCD-Red Only!  (Read 4248 times)
sharratt1
« on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:54 PM »

Hi,

I have a Wells Gardner LCD Model # WGC1970-NT5560H, after installing out of the box the graphics come up RED?

I have swapped machines and the problem goes with the monitor.

I can't seem to find any schematics or troubleshooting guides anywhere for this monitor. hissy fit

Any help is much appreciated!

Help
fiddlefarter
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 52

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:09:21 AM »

If the LED stays red that means that it is staying in standby mode, it should go green much the same as your television. This means that there is a fault in the
LCD unit

Regards Sharron
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »

If the LED stays red that means that it is staying in standby mode, it should go green much the same as your television. This means that there is a fault in the
LCD unit

Regards Sharron
Looks like it turns on but only displays RED from what was noted in his post, so it sounds like it's turning on but has a fault on the main board. He also stated it follows the unit from machine to machine, but make sure to check all connections on the main display driver board, sometimes they come loose and will drop a color or two.  If not than talk with Wells Gardner for support further as they are not simple to repair due to the layered board they use.  

Check Wells-gardner site as they post most of their schematics online for DL.

sfrench
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »

check to make sure that your getting the signal to the processor if there check to make sure that the digital signal is coming out the other side then follow it to the LVDS transmitter IC if you haven't figured this out yet and have the schematics post it i can tell you the test points to look at to find the signals.
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

I would venture to guess the original poster figured it out by now since the post is 7-9 months old.

If it was a project maybe so but it's a new LCD monitor and they just dont get shelved when they don't work.

Thanks for the post and don't get me wrong but it's not going to help the orginal poster who never came back and stated his results.
sfrench
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »

yea sorry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.