Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Disconected from Jackpot system monitor not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disconected from Jackpot system monitor not working  (Read 4351 times)
riverknight
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:49:52 AM »

Hi everybody.
I am fairly new to any sort of slot/pokie system and have recently purchased an Pacific Gaming Australia machine, Model is Sirius.
They had just disconnected a whole bunch of machines, and had moved them to storage. now nearly all of them the screens do not work.
This machine was in perfect working order when disconnected but either during disconnection or after sitting for a while or being moved it appears to have a fault of some sort, it starts up and the note acceptor tests but the screen does not come to life.
any ideas? Help
thanks guys and girls.
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »

Hi

Most probably bad caps on the monitor chassis. Have a look at at who makes the monitor and let us know.

Also have a look at this post
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4019.msg33678#msg33678 - Fiddlefarter is a tech from Oz and probably has experience on these machines.

PS - Did you by any chance recieve a manual for this machine. Would love a copy if you have one.

Regards
Ian

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:57:30 AM by TZtech » Logged
riverknight
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 05:54:01 AM »

No sorry they didn't have a manual for it.
I have turn it on and the screen seems to have a very faint light, and will flicker a line across it occasionally,
I will have a good look at it tomorrow and write all the names and numbers down.
I will also check out that link.
Thanks for that
cheers
 wave 
riverknight
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »

Ok, had a good look at it today, haven't really pulled any parts off as yet, Front buttons seems to have no power, coin acepter no power, powers up everywhere else as far as I can see including note acepter, have the front floro going.   
riverknight
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:49:06 AM »

I pulled the system unit out and found a plug similar to a monitor plug (but female. gee I cant think of the name for it!) was unplugged. So I plugged that into where it was looking like it came from.  Another thing I have left the unit on for a while and the screen has lighten up but showing horizontal lines(no picture). When I turn the machine on are the buttons supposed to flash like a test procedure? or similar? Behind the note acceptor is a board that says: Pacific-Mars B/A ZT1000 Interface. Now there is a little green led on here which is not working, Looks like the one I have on the Hopper (which is going) If that means anything.  
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 01:47:45 AM »

Did they pull the video boards? main boards?  can you post a pic of the inside, and some may want to see the outside.  We do Have an tech from Australia on this site, hopefully she has experience with your type of machine.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.