Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Monitor Problems?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monitor Problems?  (Read 4180 times)
hqrsyd
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

hqrsyd on Fiickr and Youtube

« on: June 05, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »

I have 2 questions about My Poker machines monitor's,

The 1st one is from 1995, When turned on it jumps around until it gets warm around 2 to 3 minutes and then aligns itself into place after that its fine! Is there a problem? or is this normal for Arcade Monitors to do this? BTW its a 19" Cermax.

The 2nd Screen which is a LG CRT, from a slant machine Its hard to access the Manufacture date but I'm guessing around 2002 because thats the game date Mk6 Aristocrat. The screen has no image burn, I'm guessing it has not had a hard life.

The problem:

Once turned on Everything is fine, After around 20 minutes the screen goes bright and 2 red Horizontal lines are visible on screen, The screen has a slight blur after this time. Could the flyback be on its way out? I have not adjusted the flyback adjustments yet as its fine at first!

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Crowsen

Total Karma Storms: 8

“When the going gets weird the weird turn proâ€

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »

1. First problem sounds like your vertical sync is going out.

2. Second problem could be many things. You have already found one. As you stated 2 horizontal red lines. Your horizontal sync is going out. I would check out your capacitors some may need to be replaced.
If you post the type and make of the monitors we can help you a lot more. We can give you schematics and tell you where to start.

No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »

Monitors typically suffer from old, dried up electrolytic capacitors.

If you don't know the monitor type you can just write down each cap value you need and order them from mouser.com. Simply replace the electrolytics and resolder any cracked solder joints you see.

Don't know what a cracked solder joint looks like? Look at the pins sticking through the bottom of the board. If you see a "ring" around the pin in the solder that will be a crack. Commonly cracked pins can be found on the yoke connector (resulting in flat lines down the middle of the screen.), inputs, connectors to the neck board, etc... (Notice "connector" keeps showing up? Check all connectors!)

Raymond

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
hqrsyd

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:49:39 AM »

OK one fixed The 2002 Ceronix was just a voltage problem, Turning the Voltage dial down fixed this!! Duh!
hqrsyd

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 05:04:58 AM »

I have posted a video of the 1995 Monitor problem on You tube

thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:45:07 AM by hqrsyd » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.