Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Tatung monitor problems Help!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tatung monitor problems Help!!!!!!  (Read 6379 times)
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: June 26, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »

I Have an Gamemaker 7214 with and tatung 14428 monitor. The right side of the of the screen is distorted and when you hit the deal/draw button the screen squeezes inward if thats makes any sense. also the right side is curved. Any ideas. And if I can't fix it where would I take or send it to be repaired or where could get another one that was in good working order. I'm in the Richmond, VA area  Any help would be appreciated. I don't know were to start. Also how do you do a degauss on this monitor. Thanks Mike
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:05:42 PM by daddy2yea » Logged
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

AUGHHH. Ok I took it to a repair shop they looked it over replaced some caps charged me $175.00 and the main problem is still there. So let me describe what it's doing.  When it's on the game menu screen, everything is fine.  When you are playing a video poker game, each time you draw a hand, the top and bottom of the screen squeezes inward about 1/4 of an inch and the sides of the screen expand outward and then back to normal. This also happens when you are not playing and the PLAY 5 CREDITS is flashing on the screen.   Any help on what causes this would be appreciated so I can tell the repair shop what they need to replace because at this point, they have no clue.  And I hate to be out $175.00 and the problem not be fixed.  Please, Please help.  Once again, the monitor is a Tatung VS 14428.  Thanks Mike. 
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »

Hi There

Most monitors should auto degauss on startup (check if its fitted with a coil around the screen and if so have the repair shop check the degauss circuitry). If not a decent repair shop should have a degaussing coil. I always check BellBenchtechs repair tips when I have monitor issues - unfortunately no repair tips there for this model. I did however find Schematics on Randy Fromms FTP -
http://slot-tech.com/interesting_stuff/tatung/

Ian
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »

Ok took the whole machine back to the shop and the problem it fix. The man said the main problem was a bad cap on the power supply.
Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.