Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  ChamII+ forgot programming?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ChamII+ forgot programming?  (Read 12349 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« on: January 26, 2009, 06:11:08 AM »

Has anyone ever had this happen?  My ChamII+ seems to have forgotten its programming.

It's probably been about a month since I've had it on, but now after my meter boots, it displays "EMPTY", followed by an endless loop of:

0J00
C10
C14

I tried re-booting it a number of times with no love.  Do these things have batteries that can die causing them to forget their programming?  It's not the end of the world as I have the program saved on my computer (I hope, I hope, I hope), but unfortunately my computer and slot machine are not exactly next to each other (I originally programmed the meter before I put it into the slot).

Is it simply a matter of sending the program again?  Should I expect to have to do this if I don't have the machine on frequently?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
theDotster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 219

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »

They do have batteries that need changing, but once done should last many years.

The codes you have mean:

C10   Progressive is not set up (use PSP to initialize progressive)
C14   The selected Machine Serial setting is not supported

I had both these when my battery ran out and they disappeared once the battery was changed and the unit re-programmed.

The '0J00' error I've not heard of and can't find any info about. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer that one for you.

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »

Well, as long as someone else started this thread, My CHAMII+ battery went dead some time ago and I found out when we had a power outage last month. So far I've just let it be. It is a flat camera-type battery that is soldered onto the board.

Has anyone replaced these with more practical batteries like AA with a holder? As many of you may already know, it is a 3V battery, not 3.6V, so the SAFT lithium won't do, but they do make 1.5V lithium AA's too. Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
theDotster

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

I haven't tried putting in a battery holder and normal AA batteries, I just used an ordinary watch battery.

I understand from previous posts about doing the same mod you are referring to but on S+/PE+ PCB boards, that you should be able to do this with the CHAMII+ as well, someone said then that "3v is 3v whereever you get it from."

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:09 AM »

I haven't tried putting in a battery holder and normal AA batteries, I just used an ordinary watch battery.

If you used a flat battery, did you install a battery holder or used a standard replacement battery with pre-soldered leads?

<ADD> If you installed a battery holder, can you give me the part #?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:42:11 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
theDotster

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

If you used a flat battery, did you install a battery holder or used a standard replacement battery with pre-soldered leads?

<ADD> If you installed a battery holder, can you give me the part #?

OK now I'm found out, I didn't actually do it, my neighbour did  frying pan

I removed the old battery by breaking the spot weld joints joining the legs (attached to the board) and the old battery, by inserting a screwdriver and very gently twisting it to break them. Then a new battery just slipped inside and he soldered it in.

WARNING STUPIDITY ALERT - I wasn't going to admit this, but in the interest of safety to anyone else who want to try this.....DON'T... unless you know what you are doing and can get the battery soldered very quickly.

I am rubbish at soldering and managed to get the battery so hot that it exploded and nearly took an eye out. Boy did I feel foolish. Luckily my eye survived and more importantly so did the board. But those legs were bent a lot wider apart than before the explosion!

Please don't flame me for this shocking stupidity.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:46:03 PM by theDotster » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 01:02:56 PM »

I'm glad you're ok...I never actually blew a battery up...wow!... next time, wear some safety glasses! frying pan  yes
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »

Hello!

Yes - that could have turned out a lot worse - glad everything is ok.  I've never thought to wear safety goggles when soldering before - but I guess that makes sense - you never know how things are going to react to heat - I will wear a pair from now on....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

theDotster

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »

Thanks for the concern, but it was all my stupidity and I fully deserved whatever happened, I got lucky considering how close my face was to it trying to see what I was doing.

A point of note, as I've seen it mentioned on other threads, its also not easy to get the carbon back in the case either after the smoke comes out!   Burning Resistor  bust gut laughing

sommer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

i have the same problem messages[C10 / $0.00] low battery. i did a simple fixed[i just did it] applause[no explo, sleep]  got free battery from work!! I'll take pic later when i done!! wave   

* rsz_battery_mod[1].JPG (449.4 KB, 800x600 - viewed 386 times.)

IGT S-2000...
Sorry about my grammar..lol..it is my second language.!!lmao...
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »

I'm very glad to hear that there were no serious repercussions. I'm just as stupid, only luckier, I tried soldering leads onto the ends of a battery once, but I couldn't get the solder to stick to the surface of the battery and I gave up before the big bang.

I have a decent soldering station so I could remove the leads from the circuit board and replace the battery (as long as I can find one with pre-soldered leads) but I was hoping to avoid it, if possible.

>>>
I searched MCMelectronics, Happ, and the entire internet. No one seems to have this battery.
Do any of our vendors sell these? Panasonic VL2028 3V or equivalent with tabs attached. Scratch Head

theDotster

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »

Does anyone know what this 'OJOO' error code is, could this be warning about something else that corrupted the memory and the battery is still actually OK?

The only error codes I could find all began with 'C'.

sommer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »

That was easy soldering job for me!! did a lot in the pass!!! you need a lot of practice!!

All the battery's they're all the same!! have to pick the closest one or better and same type!!!

I installed a full size AA battery onto an S+ MPU board!! I'm sure its will last a lot longer then a 1/2 size AA battery..someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!..rookie.!!!. 
 Duh! Duh!

* rsz_1cham2_batt[1].JPG (444.26 KB, 800x600 - viewed 360 times.)

* rsz_MPU_battery[1].JPG (376.1 KB, 800x600 - viewed 335 times.)

IGT S-2000...
Sorry about my grammar..lol..it is my second language.!!lmao...
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »

Thanks for the info (and the exploding battery warning!).  I'm awful at soldering, so I may bring it to a friend who has a better soldering iron and does it on a regular basis.  I'm tempted to add a battery holder to the thing so it will never need to be soldered again.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »

Thanks for the info (and the exploding battery warning!).  I'm awful at soldering, so I may bring it to a friend who has a better soldering iron and does it on a regular basis.  I'm tempted to add a battery holder to the thing so it will never need to be soldered again.

That's where I am. I need either a flat battery holder or a replacement battery with the tabs.
Vendors where are you?  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

theDotster

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »

I think you can just use two X 1.5v AA's if you can get a holder for those and solder it on.

StatFreak

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »

I think you can just use two X 1.5v AA's if you can get a holder for those and solder it on.

If no one responds it looks like that's what I'll have to do. The CHAMII+ boards are relatively small and I'd actually prefer to replace the battery with another flat cell since it should last 8-10 years. These guys don't die every three and a half seconds like the Bally ProSlot batteries. arrow

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »

I was thinking of just strapping a AA battery holder to the side of the metal power supply case, and then having the leads soldered to the holder.

StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »

I was thinking of just strapping a AA battery holder to the side of the metal power supply case, and then having the leads soldered to the holder.

Ah. I'll do that as a last resort, but I have a separate PS in the computer room for programming the thing so that I don't have to remove everything from the machine when I want to change the messages. I just take the board in the other room. I have another display in there too.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 04:49:13 AM »

Try Mouser

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/636/2042.pdf

Looks like the 2032 with tabs vertical would do just perfect.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »

Try Mouser

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/636/2042.pdf

Looks like the 2032 with tabs vertical would do just perfect.

Thanks Foster. K+

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.