Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Resetting a CHAM 2+
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resetting a CHAM 2+  (Read 4722 times)
jstraa
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

WARNING: CRAZY SLOT PERSON

« on: August 11, 2009, 04:11:49 PM »

I've tried to enter some messages in my CHAM 2+
I managed to get some messages in the jpot.do file, however I never got back
the current jackpot value neither that it is increasing. I now got it that when I
restart it, it displays all settings and then blank for about 1 minute then it reboots.
I don't have a clue what went wrong, what I do know is that my jpot.do is empty.
Any idea what I should insert in the jpot.do to get it running again ? (or how can I do a full reset?)
I did the F1 CTR+F1 with an 8 that doens't work as well.

Thanks

Jeroen
jstraa

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »

Ok, after 4 hours of trying, I've soldered out the battery waited about 30 minutes, now it's up and running again Cheesy
So I guess the proper way to reset it is to disconnect the battery. Only after doing this my PSP is hanging if I enter
the page to edit a message file  knockout but I never mind the messages too happy it works again Tongue
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:32:07 PM by jstraa » Logged
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

I have had that problem where the Mikohn reboots over and over. I just waited it out until it stopped.

On the jpot.do message file. The only way I can get my ChamII+ to take the message is send it right at the end of a reboot.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »

I have had that problem where the Mikohn reboots over and over. I just waited it out until it stopped.

On the jpot.do message file. The only way I can get my ChamII+ to take the message is send it right at the end of a reboot.

Uniman beat me to it, but I concur: you have to reboot (by disconnecting the power, not the battery) every time that you want to upload the jackpot.do file. Send the file immediately after the reboot sequence completes. You won't have this issue when sending the jackpot amount and other such settings.

BTW, if you find that you need to do a complete reset in the future, there is a birth option (if I remember the menu name correctly -- it's been a couple of years) in the CHAMII+ menu (not the PSP program) that will allow you to do this without disconnecting the battery. I recall having to use it once when the controller started acting bizarre for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:07:34 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jstraa

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »

Hey Stat,

I've found the birth option as well, did that too but unfortunately
that didn't fix the problem so after that I decided to solder out the battery.
The problem now is that I can't even get in the menu option
when I type 4 in PSP and after that I edit the jpot.do file or any other
PSP hangs, and I've to force close it.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:09:25 AM »

Don't smack me for asking these two questions, as I know they're obvious, but just in case -- have you jumped pins 1 & 5 together on your serial cable? (they are ground, but the jumper is necessary) and what version of WinDoze are you running?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jstraa

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:39 AM »

Hey Stat it's Windows XP and I have jumped those 2 pins!
It all worked like a charm before, but after the ''reset' it didn't work anymore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.