Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 flashes "Displays Netplex Link Is Down" won't boot up
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 flashes "Displays Netplex Link Is Down" won't boot up  (Read 14102 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »

I have 3 different S2000 enhanced boards with the piggyback board that holds the SB, SG and version chips. On all 3 of them, when they are installed in one of my working machines, I get this error and the red LED on the bottom of the cpu is flashing. I know there power supply behind the reels is good so I can rule that out. I did notice that the green battery on all 3 of these boards only read between 1.45 and 1.85 volts, could that be the issue? I have heard other members say that they simply removed the green battery on their machines. Seems as if i have only had this problem on machines with the enhanced style cpu.

Thanks,

David
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »

You can't remove those batteries on the enhanced boards, only on the standard 50x boards.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »

Those green batteries, as Captain said, are critical on an enhanced MPU. Low voltage could be the problem, but if the batteries are good and just low you should be able to turn the machine on and let them charge for a while to aleviate that. You may also have a loose power supply behind the reels. I would check that first
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »

I don't think it can be the power supply, I am trying these boards out in a working game with no issues. I can install the board and see if the green battry will take a charge, but will it if the game does not go into ready to play mode and just stays in the Display Netplex flashing mode and not booting up?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

I don't think it can be the power supply, I am trying these boards out in a working game with no issues. I can install the board and see if the green battry will take a charge, but will it if the game does not go into ready to play mode and just stays in the Display Netplex flashing mode and not booting up?

I was going to mention that you can try to recharge those batteris in the machine, but got side tracked and totally forgot to mention that! arrow Crazy Silly Me! Cowboy saved the day and told you that... +1 (Karma, or whatever) to him for reading my mind and posting what I neglected to post! And yes, they should charge even if the game is not in play mode, provided that the batteries are still good.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »

The battery should take a charge as long as the board is installed and the machine is turned on I would think, but I don't know enough about the circuitry to guarantee it. I'm sure IGT didn't expect ALL batteries like that to be completely charged when installed. Besides the power supply thing I can't remember what else causes that error. I do know I've had various issues with those boards, including that error, because the boards can be a little difficult to seat properly. What lights are you getting on the MPU?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:23:26 PM »

Dang it Mark, ya got me with fast fingers bust gut laughing  +1 (Karma, or whatever)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »

The LEDs on the cpu are as follows:

green
green
yellow
yellow (flashes at the same time as the red one)
yellow
yellow
green
red (flashes at the same time as the yellow one, 4th LED down)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »

i get same message on a game i started tonite it won,t let me or go into test either also flash,s no dis  on right  side display  i had this b4 and forgot how i clear it
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

Just wondering...does the game chips installed NEED the enhanced MPU boards or no?
What game are you running?
Maybe all you need is a regular 502 or 504 MPU board?
I've been avoiding the enhanced MPU boards like the plague from all the problems they seem to present.
However, for most of the time, it seems to be just dying big green batteries in most of the posts I've seen about them.

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 10:51:15 PM »

Well, I just can't "change" the board out unless I "cange" the motherboard as well, you should know that already Bunk. Scratch Head Scratch Head Besides, I am looking for a solution to the problem rather than just swapping parts. stir the pot / get cooking
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »

Did you have any luck with leaving that board plugged in and turned on for the battery to charge?
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »

This post originally says 3 enhanced boards and none will work in a working machine.  If all 3 give the same error then I would suspect the backplane board as the problem.  If the machine was a working machine then did you just do a conversion to enhanced? 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »

There is a couple of fuses on the mother board, what do they do ????????????   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »

They act as over current protection.  Crazy bust gut laughing Cry Laughing Silly Me!

There is a couple of fuses on the mother board, what do they do ????????????    

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
turniphead
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 45

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »

This post originally says 3 enhanced boards and none will work in a working machine.  If all 3 give the same error then I would suspect the backplane board as the problem.  If the machine was a working machine then did you just do a conversion to enhanced? 

Agree with Post
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »

Well, I just can't "change" the board out unless I "cange" the motherboard as well, you should know that already Bunk. Scratch Head Scratch Head Besides, I am looking for a solution to the problem rather than just swapping parts. stir the pot / get cooking

Gee...shoot down a fellow NLG member that is trying to help you.  no

Good luck.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 04:56:36 AM »

not shooting down anyone, just did not want to go through the trouble of changing the motherboard, just find it hard to believe that the enhanced boards that I have can't be repaired in some way, I just don't have bookoos of working replacement parts laying around. Silly Me!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »

If it is the battery, just take them to Batteries Plus and have them replace them.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »

not shooting down anyone, just did not want to go through the trouble of changing the motherboard, just find it hard to believe that the enhanced boards that I have can't be repaired in some way, I just don't have bookoos of working replacement parts laying around. Silly Me!

Instead of offending people here trying to help you why don't you complain to whoever you bought this crap from.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »

like i said  i have a board doing same thing   and had another that did that but came remember what i did to get it to boot , that game worked fine after that , Silly Me! i have to start writing note to myself
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

Moderator, please remove
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »

Instead of offending people here trying to help you why don't you complain to whoever you bought this crap from.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »

Again, I wasn not trying to offend anyone, just want to be able to repair one of my own boards. I just do not see the need in swapping out parts when they can be repaired. Electronics are what they are, they fail sometimes, so it wasn't "crap" that I bought from someone, they came from one of the vendors at the top of the page, from which hae a solid rep. not only from me but ither members here as well. Guess I will have to be more "sensitive" in my wording as to not to offend anyone, as you put it.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I've got a machine right now that has the exact same issues and I'm hoping there is an easy fix for it. I have an enhanced board, flashing netplex is down and the same flashing lights on the MPU.

Hopefully somene had a fix for this that would care to share  wave  Help
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.