Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Closure m and Door open b?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Closure m and Door open b?  (Read 9761 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: July 26, 2012, 03:14:55 AM »

I was playing my triple double diamond machine and started getting reel tilts, I would open the door and turn the Jp key and all was well. It continued to happen though and I would just repeat the above steps. Now when I turn the machine on I get "closure m and door open b" and I have checked the main door and the belly door switch and they ate both fine, what else could I check?

Thanks,

David

leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:24 AM »

bill validator door. the jerking motion of the handle can cause this quite often.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:38:05 AM »

You can take care of this problem for good with a simple procedure.  When you open the cash can door, notice on the inside of the door two wires leading to a switch.  Cut the two wires and strip about a 1/4" off and then twist the two wires tightly together.  Cover the exposed wires well with some black electrical tape....done deal.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

I twisted those 2 wires together, still showing closure m door open b.
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 01:46:32 AM »

David,
Sometimes there are more than one micro switch on the bill validator door. The closure M will go away once you get that pesky bill door fixed. Closure M just means the main door was closed. It will show when there are other errors.
Tommy
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »

It's also possible something else is going on here, but like Tommy said, first try to trace those two wires all the way back to the motherboard (back plane) and make sure they are continuous.  If you have a multi-meter you can pull the molex out of the back plane and test for continuity.  If it is, then I would start looking at replacing first the main computer board with a tested working one to see if that fixes the problem.  And if not, then I would then go for the the back plane board, swap it out with a tested working one.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »

Morspeed said that there was possibly a 2nd switch associated with the bill validator door, where would it be located? Also, does someone know where on the motherboard (backplane) the green and blue wire for the cash door go to?

Thanks,

David
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »

Adjust the door optics, and open and close the main door latch 3 or 4 times.

I don't know where the two wires from the BV door go on the mother board, but if I wanted to know I would just trace them out. If the wires go into the loom where you can't find them, cut the tie straps and separate the wires, new tie straps are cheap.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

The BV door wires end up at the Molex connector for the BV at the motherboard, the only netplex connector on it with 12 pins instead of 10 pins.
The 2 extra pins used for the door wires.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

thanks Foster, I will check it tonight.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.