Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Just installed a working CPU, now deck buttons won't work?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just installed a working CPU, now deck buttons won't work?  (Read 3489 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: July 26, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »

Got a new machine in and it had a bad CPU so I replaced with a working one. I also cleared it and key chipped it. When it cones up to "7 ketchup config" the deck buttons are lit up but will not respond when I press them yo complete the set up process. Also, the solonoid for the pull arm is clicking over and over again. Could one if the harnesses possibly be hooked up wrong? Can someone please post a pic of the inside of the machine where the bottom power supply is ( the one to the right of the CPU) and if possible, a pic of the harness connectors on the back motherboard that the CPU slides into?

Thanks,

David
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »

Got that problem resolved, the I/O on the door needed to be re-seated. Now I am getting a "meter disconnected" error that will not clear, I even did the bypass on the plug that goes to the meter and still have the same problem. The cabinet I/O board is seated fine and the plug to it is fine, so do I need another cabinet I/O board to clear the meter error?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »

Door IO is probably shot. Try swapping it
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »

I thought the I/O board inside the cabinet to the right of the CPU was the one associated the the meter disconnected issue, I got the deck buttons working so I think the door I/O is fine.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »

I was under the impression meters disconnected possibly referred to the coin in and credit meters on the door display. Those IO cards are very sensitive and where yours wasn't  seated properly it may have been damaged. Sure doesn't hurt to try if you've got a spare. When my MMM had the same problem it was a door IO card that fixed it
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »

The player display getting disconnected causes a different error (I forget what its called)
But I could not get my machine to tilt or error when I disconnected the player display (663, enhanced MPU, 598 game chips, DD 3cm)
I kept playing machine thinking it would eventually notice it disconnected it never did (I let it sit idle for 3-5 minutes as well)
I disconnected it with it turned on and didn't damage anything either.
the only way I got it to error was by letting the machine start up with it disconnected (it gave me 7 seg display type mismatch error, instead of a disconnected or such error)

VFD not communicating or disconnected will cause 'no disp' on the player display and error message on the VFD once the mpu can communicate with it.

The I/O cards contain Buffering and I/O IC's which by design are not that sensitive to things
If them being sensitive was the case I think I would have blown a door I/O every time I turn on my auto-play

Most likely failed early because of a thing called Mean Time Before Failure used a lot to rate lifespan of Hard Drives in the 80s and 90s
also any thing man made will fail.

IGT shocks these machines with 50+ KV static electricity as they come out with new platforms or updated parts for current platforms.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:21:50 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »

May I politely ask?
What is a "7 ketchup config" ...???  Scratch Head 2
I've never that message before on an S2000.  arrow
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »

Typo since you had to ask
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »

I  think the correct term is "7 Key Chip Config"
Not "ketchup"

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »

okay thanks!  applause

What did you do to get the deck buttons to work BR ?
It might help other members here in the not-too-distant future!  yes
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:26:02 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 02:15:45 AM »

I has stated in the above post that the I/O on the door had to be re-seated, then the deck buttons worked.  KEYCHIP not Ketchup, Not Ketchup. Not Ketchup..............
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.