Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Alstate Coin Machine Co.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alstate Coin Machine Co.  (Read 13754 times)
Gregad
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »

Help In desperate need of wiring schematics for a "Silver Dollar Saloon" slot machine made by "Alstate Coin Machine Co." I believe it was an late 60s or early 70's 10 cent triple play slot.
PLEASE any help or direction in finding info on this would be wonderful.

Scratch Head I ahve found out this is actually made for "Space Jet Bell" by Alstate. It is a late 1960s machine. And yes it does use some Bally parts.

* IMG_0095.JPG (215.07 KB, 640x480 - viewed 541 times.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:49:36 AM by Gregad » Logged
sintaxerror
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 04:53:37 AM »

I'm sorry to say, but that looks like a Bally E-1000 rip off.If I'm correct, a Bally E-1000 Tech Manual should help. It really doesn't matter, I'm sure someone on here can help you fix it
BettingWild
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »

Here's an Alstate's Multiple Bonus, Space Jet Bell, 5 cent progressive slot machine I was asked to see if I could get it working. It supposedly fell over in the earthquake, but it looks like there are some parts missing. I am a beginner in this world, but a fairly good builder of personal computers, so my slot knowledge is limited, but growing. Would appreciate any information. Thank you, David   Scratch Head

* Alstates Slot Machine2.jpg (758.16 KB, 754x1440 - viewed 616 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »

wrong - not a bally.  I am sure it is an ACE - no bally parts in it.   never saw any docs on them.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »

Agreed, nothing like a Bally. More like a Mills with electrical payout. In the larger picture you can see it has reels on concentric shafts with small starwheels and three payout disks on the right. The only Bally parts it might contain are step-up units and similar parts. I would speculate that these are actually rebuilt Mills mechanisms, so for mechanical troubles you want the HiTop series manuals and for electrical problems, you're on your own.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »

At least the photographer wasn't laying down as the picture was taken... Tongue Out
Op-Bell

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

There was a late model Mills very similar to this, mechanical reels, hopper payout. It was a single coin machine and it sank like a stone in competition with the Bally EMs. I'm leaning to the opinion that this isn't a conversion of older Mills but that late Mills mech, unmodified, in a cabinet with multiplier electrics. I've seen a slanted coin entry just like that on a Japanese Manix machine imported by Gamex, so I wonder if there isn't a Japanese connection, but I think it more likely that Alstate was an American company that picked up a short run of parts and inventory when TJM went bust, and went out of business when they were used up. Anyone know what city they were from? Any signs or plates on the games?

* detail.jpg (79.03 KB, 830x566 - viewed 476 times.)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:13:21 PM »

Found this in a "ask the experts" blog;

"My guess as to what years these machine were made in, from like 1955 to 1964. I can tell you something about them, Pace sold out in December of 1950 when the federal anti-slot machine law was imminent, ("The Johnson act") with Pace (becoming Ace, then Space) with production moving to Franklin Park, an industrialized suburb of Chicago. In 1958 the new Ace "Pace" machine was introduced where they opened the front of the machine, we call that an "open front machine when describing the type of slot machine", and it was Pace/Ace/space that developed this design and the world followed with there new machines. Information starts to get fuzzy around here as to Alstate. Space owner owner Earl Missler became the the principal stockholder in the newly established Alstate Coin Machine Company located in Henderson Nevada. Primarily an operator of Space machines, Alstate also acted as a distributor, exporter, maintenance center and ultimately a manufacturer of Space products for its Nevada operation's. I think a ton of these ended up going to the U.S. Military Forces overseas. Well, that is what is in my nut shell about the whole thing. Oh, I think the whole thing ended with the company now called Coin Devices Inc., operating from 1964 to 1968 back in Illinois once again"

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Collectibles-General-Antiques-682/2009/1/slot-machine-12.htm
Op-Bell

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 01:09:23 AM »

Ah, a Pace mechanism would have been my second guess. And sure enough, here it is in Marshall Fey's book. According to Fey,
... Ed Pace retired in 1951 at age 74. Veteran slot manufacturer Harold Baker produced the Pace machine for the following two years until he died. The manufacturing of Pace slots was then continued by the Ace Manufacturing Co of Franklin Park, Illinois, by the father and son team of Casey and Norbe Michaels. In 1958 they opened facilities in Reno and Glen Burnie, MD... In 1961 the company folded, closing both branches... The Michaels' greatest contribution came in 1956 when they developed the front opening case... Shortly after [the introduction of the Bally slot] the Space Company was reincarnated from the old Ace firm by Earl Missler in Glen Burnie, MD. They introduced an unsuccessful front-opening hopper-payout machine using the basic Pace mechanism. At Reno's Palace Club the short-lived machine had a tragic debut because the hoppers would involuntarily empty their load of coins... The undependable machine sold only limited quantities in Maryland and the overseas market.

* space.jpg (55.29 KB, 610x800 - viewed 555 times.)
BettingWild
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:42 PM »

Here's a photo of the reels from the 5 cent Alstate machine I posted. Also, If you look at the board on the right side of the second photo, you'll see the name Bally.

Thanks for the information everyone   waving flag  David

* Alstates Reels.jpg (479.93 KB, 864x576 - viewed 660 times.)

* Alstate MPUs.jpg (413.95 KB, 864x576 - viewed 717 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »

the BALLY you see is the COIL - possibly the wiper board as well but it is not a BALLY assembly - only items readily available for the manufacturer.  You will be hard pressed to find a wire diagram for this guy - sorry.
BettingWild
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »

Thanks Foxsslots1, Well, this is the only way I'm going to learn, lol. At least it's not mine. Just checking it out for a very nice family. I appreciate the info. Thanks, David   Hail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.