Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:32:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Need advice on a Triple Play machine Please!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need advice on a Triple Play machine Please!  (Read 106927 times)
emelie
Add me on Facebook!
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »

ok so just to make sure, I'm taking the white piece inside under the glass out and the glass right?  I bought the ones u told me to in the post at the top of the last page.

Feel free to add me on FB Smiley

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=573565049
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »

Bunker, I bought the exact ones you told me to on the last page but it turns out that it doesn't line up Sad.  My husband replaced those two parts.  The $1 doesn't light up but all the reels still jiggle.  Here is a new pic of the outside and inside.

* P1010001 (2).JPG (1462.65 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 308 times.)

* P1010002 (3).JPG (1312.12 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 290 times.)

emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »

i just feel stupid now ugh

* P1010003 (3).JPG (1344.1 KB, 3072x2304 - viewed 270 times.)

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »

may I offer a suggestion?   you will have to replace your reel shelf to get the reels in their proper place. Jim at Blueridge has the correct ones.  the four connector plug (all blue wires) in reply #35  old lamp panel  gets plugged into the right plug of the new lamp panel.  the connector that went from the left side of the machine (door) to the System seven display gets plugged into the left plug on the new display. 

all that other CRAP associated with the after market bill acceptor is not needed for anything.

I just completed one of these mods last week.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

Emilie, the group can still continue your diagnostics and repairs while you're waiting for the new reel shelf, so don't disappear while it's being ordered and delivered. yes propeller

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »

OK I got the blue side plugged in but don't see any connector that went to the Sevens System.  There's a connector with gray wires but it doesn't fit into it.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:25 PM »

reply #198 bottom picture,its the 5 pin plug.it should have enough to make it over to the lamp panel.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »

It was a stretch but I got it.  When I turn the machine on or off, numbers come on randomly in the windows.  Like it might come on in the winner paid, the credits or the bet window.  Not every single time but like 99 percent of the time.  It doesn't stay on, it just flashes for a second is the best way I can explain it

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »

When you say it "was a stretch" - are you saying that the connector or the display is being "pulled"?
The 4 and 5-pin connector should go into the bottom of the display panel without being tugged on.
If the connector is being pulled - it will cause the lights to go on and off.
They should be on at all times.

See if the harness is being limited somehow.
Maybe there's a tie wrap and screw holding the harness too far back into the cabinet when it really
should be extended out further towards the button deck so the wires aren't being pulled or shortened.
Once you have the connectors in firmly into the display, please tell us what numbers are being displayed in all of the windows.
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »

I hope I didn't break anything *sigh* cause I cut the tie wrap and it still just flashes different numbers Sad

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2011, 02:07:44 PM »

Manually push in the wires back into the connectors right where they enter the connector housings.
I'm thinking it's possible that there's a loose pin/wire connection going into the Molex housings.

Also, what numbers are flashing ?
Sounds like a corrupted set of chips perhaps?   Scratch Head 3

It's okay if there are numbers "alternating" between one and another -
that could also mean that you're in a mode which is telling us perhaps both the SP and SS chip numbers too.
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »

ok I pushed them in but the numbers are still just coming on randomly and they only blink for like one second before it goes blank.  After I turn the switch on and off a couple of times to see what numbers come on, no numbers come on at all.  But here's what I could see...

Numbers of coins played: 2
Credits: the the third from the right numbers is mostly 5 but sometimes it's 6.  No other numbers in that window
Winner paid: I think a 1 came on somewhere in that window but that was only 1 time, didn't blink anything after the first time.
Insert Coin: Nothing comes on
Coin Accepted: Nothing comes on

Also, the 25 cent used to light up, but now that I've changed the glass it's $1 and that doesn't light up

Can I buy another set of chips?  I'm asking because Jim at Blueridge is supposed to call me today so I can order the glass I need so if I can order that too what's it called?

Em

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »

You'll need to tell Blueridge what's going on with your machine too.
He may have a few suggestions that will help you.
Tell him your reels don't line up with the reel glass windows.
You will need him to send you a reel shelf.

Also, if you tell him what the awards are on your award glass, he may have
a pair or SS and SP chips for your game just in case for spares.

I strongly suggest getting a Clear chip to reset the memory and get the machine back
to it's original configuration but like I said, Blueridge may have other suggestions to help you out!

As far as the coin denomination window lamp being out - it could be just a burned out bulb.
They are inserted into the black square-ish lamp holders that come out of the back of the display board
by turning counter-clockwise an quarter turn and then wiggling it out of the hole.
Check the two contact points on the lamp holder with your multimeter for continuity.
If there's no continuity - then then bulb is burned out.
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »

Still waiting on his call.  I didn't realize I called so late last night so I'd hate to call again today and bug him.

I wish one of ya'll lived close so I could just pay you to fix my machine lol

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »

I wish one of ya'll lived close so I could just pay you to fix my machine lol

If one of us lived close we'd likely fix it for free.  Don't give up, though!  You've been given some very good advice throughout this thread, and we will get your machine working one way or the other.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

I won't, I just get frustrated quickly and I'm not used to doing all this mechanical stuff.

It sucks too that I can't buy a slot since I'm in Louisiana...stupid laws

emelie
Add me on Facebook!

« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »

I'm not sure what to do now...

Here's the messages from the other week. Our connection is not good on the phone.

"Hi Emilie, I apologize for the phone, I believe it is on my end, that is why I couldn't answer earlier today, anyway looking at the picture it appears you have changed the Reel Glass and the Display to the newer type and changing the reel glass to the older wide style would not correct your issue with the reels not aligning, you need to change the reel shelf out, the metal shelf that the reels slide into, the type Bill Validator you had uses an different shelf than normal, so you need to go back to the original shelf, I though you mentioned you already had a new shelf, if not let me know and I believe we have one, for right now this is the best way to communicate since our cell tower is down, Thanks Jim

I haven't been following the thread so i don't know if you have the game working or not, I have the shelf and bulbs no problem, so I wouldn't change any chips unless the pays are off on a win

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until you get it working, it sounds like a power issue but you would need to see if you can get it to spin the reels or display an error code, have you tried pushing the small button by the coin optics under the coin mech to see if that put a coin in and let you spin the reels, if that doesn't do anything then I would take some pics of the wiring near the board in the bottom of the game where the board in the tray plugs in a post on new life and see if someone can see something going on, I just don't have the patience to troubleshoot without it being in front of me, but I will try to help out, Jim"

I told him I still wanted to buy the reel shelf twice but I haven't gotten any response back.  Any other places you'd recommend?  I wonder if I screwed up that wiring Sad

Em

frank kappler
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »

is cut off la close to vicksburg ms ?? if so i may be able to come help you soon.
frank kappler
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »

ok one trick i found with most casion lock is it is hard to drill but most often you can take a "good" pair of vice grips and lock them on the door lock outside ring and turn the lock enought to get the door open. lock them very tight.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

ok one trick i found with most casion lock is it is hard to drill but most often you can take a "good" pair of vice grips and lock them on the door lock outside ring and turn the lock enought to get the door open. lock them very tight.

Mr. Kappler,
Emelie got the lock off four months ago...See Reply #33 dated June 22nd/2011

Emelie,
Email Blueridgeslots and tell him the reason you need the reel shelf is so you can use the long glass.
You already now have the long display panel right?

Take the reel glass off for now and store it someplace aside where it won't fall down or break.
Plug in the two connectors to that display panel.
Use a piece of wide masking tape and tape the entire backside of that display panel.

The reason why I want you to tape it up for now is because I want you to cover ALL
the little metal points coming out of the back of that display panel.
We don't want it to touch ANY METAL of the machine or it will short out.

Carefully stick it out the door through the window where the reel glass is now gone.
Let it hang over the front of the door onto the button deck.

Turn on the power and carefully close the door
and watch that you don't hit anything with the display
or it's two connector harness wires.

Now, pick up the display panel and tell us what numbers are in each window of the panel.
If it's easier for you, snap a picture of it showing us the numbers being displayed.

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »

Couldn't she do that with the reel glass in place?  I realize that the reels won't line up correctly, but that's not really crucial at this point when she's just trying to get the darn thing to work, right?  I think that is what was being said here:

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until you get it working, it sounds like a power issue but you would need to see if you can get it to spin the reels or display an error code...

I happen to agree with that.  Why buy a reel shelf if the machine still isn't working?   Scratch Head

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »

Going back a few months ago...I think I suggested she buy 3 things...I don't recall...
It's been a while.... arrow

1) A long reel glass display
2) A long reel glass
3) A reel shelf.

Since she doesn't have the shelf yet and I think she does have the display panel now, I
suggested that she stick it out the window or maybe she can put one nut on the left-most screw to hold it in place for now.
We need to see the display numbers to see what error she has on it.
Remember,  she HAD no display and we could NOT troubleshoot her machine.

Her reels were spinning before so I do NOT think it's a power issue at all.
She had the Seven System display and NOTHING worked on that thing.

a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »

I'm not sure what to do now...

Here's the messages from the other week. Our connection is not good on the phone.

"Hi Emilie, I apologize for the phone, I believe it is on my end, that is why I couldn't answer earlier today, anyway looking at the picture it appears you have changed the Reel Glass and the Display to the newer type and changing the reel glass to the older wide style would not correct your issue with the reels not aligning, you need to change the reel shelf out, the metal shelf that the reels slide into, the type Bill Validator you had uses an different shelf than normal, so you need to go back to the original shelf, I though you mentioned you already had a new shelf, if not let me know and I believe we have one, for right now this is the best way to communicate since our cell tower is down, Thanks Jim

I haven't been following the thread so i don't know if you have the game working or not, I have the shelf and bulbs no problem, so I wouldn't change any chips unless the pays are off on a win

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until you get it working, it sounds like a power issue but you would need to see if you can get it to spin the reels or display an error code, have you tried pushing the small button by the coin optics under the coin mech to see if that put a coin in and let you spin the reels, if that doesn't do anything then I would take some pics of the wiring near the board in the bottom of the game where the board in the tray plugs in a post on new life and see if someone can see something going on, I just don't have the patience to troubleshoot without it being in front of me, but I will try to help out, Jim"

I told him I still wanted to buy the reel shelf twice but I haven't gotten any response back.  Any other places you'd recommend?  I wonder if I screwed up that wiring Sad

Em

I know you're new, but I wouldn't reccomend posting peoples emails in a thread.  It is just a question of edicate.  I also agree that you should get it working before buying the reel shelf.  You may find that it needs more parts, might as well ship them together.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
ChizzleMonkey
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »

I'm wondering if this slot machine has one of these wire harnesses in it..... http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14390.0 ? I've seen machines do strange things when this harness or its connectors have bad pins or wires grounding out. A lot of the time it's display problems due to a power issue caused by this little bugger.

Keep it simple.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »

I'm wondering if this slot machine has one of these wire harnesses in it..... http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14390.0 ? I've seen machines do strange things when this harness or its connectors have bad pins or wires grounding out. A lot of the time it's display problems due to a power issue caused by this little bugger.

Emelie's S+ has the older power supply that's located in the back center of the cabinet.
In earlier post's - it was explained to her how to check for burned out
ground pins on the Molex power connector on the motherboard.
Her display panel was the older display that's located in the Seven Systems DBV unit -
an entirely different animal that requires a separate circuit board that are connected via ribbon cables.
She has since gotten a newer unit but we haven't had any reports yet
as far as what numbers are being displayed upon it.
Without those numbers, whatever they may be - we are not able to help further...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.