Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  New Programmer baby born at my house...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Programmer baby born at my house...  (Read 64908 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 you need a signed driver or disable signed driver enforcement, XP should not care.

ADD: I had to turn off driver signing enforcement in Windows 7.
It said iit couldnt load the driver either for my GQ-2X, it did once I booted with Signed Driver Enforcement disabled.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:16:07 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 you need a signed driver or disable signed driver enforcement, XP should not care.

ADD: I had to turn off driver signing enforcement in Windows 7.
It said iit couldnt load the driver either for my GQ-2X, it did once I booted with Signed Driver Enforcement disabled.

I'm using XP. It kept telling me that a segment of the inf was invalid. The downloaded version was identical to the one that they put on the cd, and the forum section didn't have much.

Here is the thread that I found. They didn't solve the problem; they only had him use the old driver.
http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1920

I'm wondering how much speed I'm losing because I'm being forced to use the old version?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »

First, the main one. Think of an EPROM as a notebook. A 27C64 has one page, and the larger 27C256 has 8 pages. The address lines tell the EPROM which page you're looking at. Since the 27C64 only has one page, it doesn't have enough addresses for eight - those pins are still there, but used for other things and tied to fixed voltages. When you drop in a 27C256, those fixed voltages select one of its 8 pages, which is probably not the one you wrote on. So the trick is to use the burner software to copy the same data to all eight pages, at 0000, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, A000, C000 and E000. Then it doesn't matter which page gets selected, you still read the same information. Load the 27C64 one-page data - it goes in at 0000 - then copy it to all the others one at a time, then burn the 27C512.

I realize this is an old thread, but all of the talk of using 'offsets' etc. when using a 27C512 is overcomplicating things. The simplist way to do it is just use the copy command with the /b (binary switch).

Where 1.bin is the name of the source 8k bin and 27512.bin is the output file in the example below. Make it a batch file and one click and you have an instant 27C512 file with 8 duplicate pages.

copy /b 1.bin+1.bin+1.bin+1.bin+1.bin+1.bin+1.bin+1.bin 27512.bin /b

Sorry if this was already posted, but I scanned over most of the thread and only saw more complicated ways to do it.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:50:49 AM by poppo » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2010, 12:23:39 AM »

Neat shortcut poppo! Thanks for letting us know how to do it!  applause
StatFreak

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2010, 01:30:41 AM »

Good suggestion poppo. I don't think it's been posted previously, mostly because we don't seem to have many members who are DOS literate.

For the most part, I've been suggesting using HxD to members who have asked how to create paged files.

For the more advanced users, if you know which page the hardware is reading, you can insert a single copy of the file on that page and set the rest of the pages to 0x00 or leave them as 0xFF.

For example, the Gamemaker v7000 mains (4mb) read the top page on an 8mb chip. I believe that the graphics files (2mb) do as well on 4mb and 8mb. In other words, all of the extra address pins have power.

The S+ reads reel chips (64k) on page 7 of 8 on a 512k chip.

Of course, it's not really necessary to worry about all this. Burning a file with 8 copies of the same data is no big deal. I'm just anal, Crazy which everyone around here already knows.  arrow frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »

This is the specs on the blanks I'm using...is it fast enough to use for reel eproms on a 16MHz board?

ADD>> double-click to make picture larger...

Frequency is the reciprocal of time so using a device with an access time of 55 ns the maximum speed would be 18.18 Mhz. The slowest device that you would be able to use (without introducing wait states) is 62.25 ns

The short answer, yes 55 ns is acceptable for a 16Mhz board
StatFreak

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »

This is the specs on the blanks I'm using...is it fast enough to use for reel eproms on a 16MHz board?

ADD>> double-click to make picture larger...

Frequency is the reciprocal of time so using a device with an access time of 55 ns the maximum speed would be 18.18 Mhz. The slowest device that you would be able to use (without introducing wait states) is 62.25 ns

The short answer, yes 55 ns is acceptable for a 16Mhz board

Did we set a new reply record?  arrow    2 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, less a day. Crazy frying pan rotflmao rotflmao

As long as we're here, it also depends on how many clock cycles occur between reads. Otherwise, by a 1:1 calculation, a 10MHz S+ would require a chip of 100ns or faster, and 200ns chips work in that board. I'm certain that 110ns (and probably slower) chips will work in a 16MHz S+ board.

Stat garfield

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »

Holy Moly dhellis!!
I've been waiting for your answer for quite awhile...thanks!
When did they let you out of Alcatraz?  Crazy Tongue Out
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2011, 11:57:03 PM »

That's my motto too...better late than never  arrow

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:16 AM »

Holy Moly dhellis!!

Just got out today LOL

Apparently I paid not attention to the date of your question and since no one gave you an answer, I though what the heck.

NOW I getting ribbed for being the quickest draw on the board Wink
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2011, 12:49:03 AM »

haha! Welcome to NewLifeGames dhellis!!!!  Dancing Party

It's not ALL serious here but we DO like to try to help out each other!  yes
StatFreak

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »

Holy Moly dhellis!!

Just got out today LOL

Apparently I paid not attention to the date of your question and since no one gave you an answer, I though what the heck.

Dhellis, thought you could use a virtual towel to dry yourself off, so I gave you a +1 (Karma, or whatever) karma for jumping right into the deep end of our pool.  arrow  Weird Eyes

Oh, yeah, and  NLG Welcome    wave      rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Stat garfield

dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

Thanks,
My wife said that she will scrape the egg  Silly Me! off of my face and that I can have them for breakfast.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

I'm late looking @ this thread but went through all & it's a good one.
THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOUR POSTS. REAL HELPFULL
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2011, 05:51:23 AM »

I'm late looking @ this thread but went through all & it's a good one.
THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOUR POSTS. REAL HELPFULL

Wow! Holy Thread revival fordsbs! Duh!
That was when that Statfreak guy kept picking on me... Cry Laughing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.