Bally 831 Hopper over pay driving me crazy

(1/4) > >>

Amachanic:
I have a Bally 831 with the old style hopper. I am getting a 1 coin over pay (sometimes) due to the motor coasts, no brake like newer style.. I have read the manual and adjusted this hopper the best I can.. I know the coins should be kicked back into the bowl by the solenoid operated deflector.. I'm looking for anyone who has had to fine tune one of these older mechanical counting hoppers.. I've seen this same style hopper with a relay setup, and second solenoid for advancing the payout disk, but mines the lever and spring setup.. Pain in the a**   :30-  I hoping OldReno or OpBell reads this and has an answer.. It just seems that the deflector solenoid de-energizes just a 1/2 second too late and lets the coin get past as the motor coasts to a stop..   :99-

I rebuilt the solenoid linkage today due to excessive wear at the pivot link and roll pin connection, but that didn't help..

RiseLikeRa:
Darn the thing is CLEAN!!!  I am not exatly sure what is causing your problem.  I had the same issue with my 873 and my mechanic bent sonething on the hopper and no mor extra coin.  I will call him and ask what he suggests.

Ra

Amachanic:
Quote from: RiseLikeRa on February 15, 2014, 01:20:29 AM

Darn the thing is CLEAN!!!  I am not exatly sure what is causing your problem.  I had the same issue with my 873 and my mechanic bent sonething on the hopper and no mor extra coin.  I will call him and ask what he suggests.

Ra

Thanks Ra... I read the manual and they talk about bending something, but the discription and pictures don't show much detail.  This whole machines that clean inside and out. Doesn't have original glass but its a later 831 EM matching glass kit. I'll have to take a couple pics.

Gary

RiseLikeRa:
Please do!  We all love pictures.

Ra

David B Fowler:
I dont have the knowledge that Oldreno and others have so take it easy on me if I am wrong. I attached as pic of my 831 hopper that paid out 1 coin too much on every payout. I adjusted the allen screw to advance the wiper arm just a bit forward. that solved the problem for me. Let me know if I am on track.
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page