Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Video Info
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Video Info  (Read 3833 times)
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« on: March 23, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »

Hi Guys

Ok last Bally I worked on was the V5500 - I have some questions for the experts
1. Whats the difference between the 7000 and 7200 series of Game Maker.

2 Is the EVO video and a Game Magic the same thing and if not whats the difference ?
Getting bad if i cant even remeber my own posts - Answered here http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4849.0

Regards
Ian
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:01:22 PM by TZtech » Logged
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »

Ian, the biggest differences that I can recall between the 7000 & 7200 is that had alot of the dedicated games with double row bet deck models and had a deluxe sound card as well. I know the MPU boards are interchaneable between both machines. I believe the cabinets are a little different too, but would have to check the manual. The 7000 came in a 14 and 20" monitor version and the 7200 had a 14, 17 and 19" model.

Dan (tacman)

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:35:21 AM »

This is a quote   "The Game Maker Plus V7200 series remains one of the most popular and relaiable platforms ever introduced. All Game Maker Plus products offer a combination of features that’s hard to beat, including Multi-Denomination options. Menu screens are smartly designed with bold, colorful icons, making selections quick and easy when presented in a multi-game format. Players can navigate effortlessly through up to 10 different games and can option user-friendly help screens for paytables and rules.
A high-resolution touch-screen video system producres bright, sharp on-screen images and provides tested durability. Operators can option 25 built-in stand-alone controllers providing a variety of progressive choices. Game Maker Plus offers features like

-    An all-metal cabinet
-   A powerful 32-bit microprocessor
-   A variety of hopper or printer options.

Available in multi-game or single-game formats, the V7200 platform includes uprights with 14-inch, 17-inch and 19-inch monitors or as a bar top unit."

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 03:11:37 AM »

The backplane board and harnesses are definitely different.

From what I've been able to determine, one cannot install a deluxe sound card in a V7000.
I can't say whether all V7200s have double bet decks or not.

I believe that the V7200 uses a WBA (not certain) and the V7000 uses a DBA (certain). The bill insert on the V7200 is below the bet deck in the door, while on the V7000 it is to the right of the screen. The V7000 has a side cash door like the 5500 proslot series, the V7200 does not.

The V7000 uses a CC62D comparitor. I don't know what the V7200 uses, but I would not be surprised to find that it is different. There are probably more differences that I am still unaware of.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:02 AM »

Stat, actually you can use the deluxe sound board with the 7000. That single wire molex connector has to be connected to one of the holes in one of the "J" plugs on the backplane. If I remember correctly, I used a nail that I cut down to make the connection. Unfortunately, I do not remember which hole of which plug to connect this to. I will look around to see if I can find anything to jar my memory, or maybe someone else here knows the answer.

Dan (tacman)

Also if you do use the deluxe sound board, you will have to add a speaker or tie into the existing speaker to the board.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.