Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Nightmare Tony has passed away
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightmare Tony has passed away  (Read 5081 times)
Ken Layton
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 88

« on: November 05, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »

Nightmare Tony passed away last night from kidney cancer. Sad

RIP my friend.
Lyzard

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Friend

My Mother and Great grandmother both died of cancer

My Simpathy goes out to you and his family in this time

R.I.P. Tony

RISE ABOVE CANCER

Hope they find a cure soon

fellow slot guy

Lyzard
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:05:39 AM »

Going to miss him.

R I P Tony

BigDumbDinosaur
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:27:06 AM »

Hello:

I am a member of the 6502 Microprocessor Forum (http://6502.org), of which Nightmare Tony Gonzalez was a long-time member and a contributor of more than 600 posts.  We are all in shock from learning of his untimely death and want everyone to know that 6502.org has lost a very valued member and friend.  Although Tony himself may no longer be with us, his presence will remain at the forum in the many contributions he made to the numerous (and ongoing) technical discussions.

Tony and I had spent some time in phone conversations a while back, which was before he was diagnosed with cancer.  He was a very interesting guy and having similar interests in microprocessor technology and scratch-building computers, we had plenty about which to chat.  It was back in February of this year that he first made mention of his health issues on our forum, which he had not (as far as I was able to determine) previously divulged.  Intermittent posts through the summer seemed to suggest that luck was in his favor and he'd make it.  His last visit to 6502.org was on October 24, although he didn't post anything at that time.  So when the news came of his passing it was truly devastating.

My friends, I have more than a little understanding of the fleetness of life, having lost in recent years several friends, as well as my beloved mother-in-law (a truly wonderful human being).  If you know someone who is home-bound from illness please make the effort to stay in touch with them.  Things can, and do, change for the worst with little warning and you may regret for many years failing to stay in touch after your friend/acquaintance has departed us.

BigDumbDinosaur
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:43:23 AM by BigDumbDinosaur » Logged
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:37:15 AM »

Tony was a great guy who never shied away from helping anyone. He always shared his knowledge and many have benefited from his help, including me.

His family has asked for some privacy during this time and asked that if anyone wishes to donate, to do so to the American Cancer Society, in the name of Anotonio Gonzalez, Jr, to battle Kidney Cancer.

Tony will continue to live on in our hearts and memories.

RJ

PS: Please check with your employer before donating as some do matching gifts on donations. Mine does so I donated through work to double the amount I donated in Tony's honor.

PPS: Tony's profile on this forum is here: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=3663 and you can leave a comment on it towards the bottom of the page.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
midas touch
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:39 AM »

I Recently sent a personell message to Tony about his ram board for a Bally machine...I was at work one day and was thinking  Hey ,,,I never did hear back from Tony..He was always real good about  sending a message right back...I thought oh my I wonder if he had took a turn for the worse....I was shook up when I read the news...I never met the man but  what a great mind he had ...This community will really miss him

I have "THE MIDAS TOUCH". Every thing I touch turns into a muffler....
Ken Layton
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 88

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »

Tony was pretty good with electronics and especially with microprocessors like the 6502.

He had mentioned to me via emails a year ago about his health problem. From what I had been hearing, it sure sounded like he would pull through.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.