Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  is there hope? IGT> Cmos Data > what chips to buy?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is there hope? IGT> Cmos Data > what chips to buy?  (Read 2164 times)
Geena
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 10, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »

Help   I have a drop in bar model IGT 5 game stainless steel top machine with a bill acceptor, it had 5 games to play,,,I disconnected the battery and when i re soldered it all my stats where jumbled with ! ? /& # mixed with numbers now the screen shows Door open / call attendant/ Cmos Data  when i turn it on  Help

here is a pic of the board of my slot machinewhat kind of chips will i need to buy? and which one of the chips would i take out to clear the c-moa data? and reset the game I honestly know very littel about the video games i mostly tinker with the mechanical and Electra mechanical slot machines ,,,

i can still get to a screen that shows a multi game 5 game option with stat options below but that's it any and all help is appreciated Help

Thanks,

Sincerely

Geena wave

ps: i have try ed a bunch of the test procedures to reset ,but i think i need reset chips stir the pot / get cooking frying pan propeller

Update::

I have ordered a different mother board on eBay and a set of PE+ clear and set chips
I guess i may as well put new battery in as well propeller

I really  don't know witch chip to take out on my board to put the clear and set chip into   Scratch Head ma be the dude will send in strutions with them from eBay applause

anyway hope to be playing my game soon again,

i am hoping the new board might help with the door open message, i honestly have try ed all i know to get it to go away rotflmao and it still "Haunts me yes

i cant seem to find the lower door optics for sale anywhere how would i bypass them temp to test and reset game?

thanks to any and all that might have suggestion's Hail

Geena  wave
                                                                                      UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK
i have my drop in poker up and working

this is what i did

i tryed all the test procedures to remove the error coads but no go   , as my door open error i could not get gown i tryed by-passing the top optic and the bottom duel eye one unit optic but the bottome door one dident seem to respond/ work and i dident / could not find a nother set to replace mine

i looked for weeks on how to bypass ,, but no go

i also had jumbeled stats  so i thought i needed to clear ram and re set with chips,, >I DIDENT NEED TO<

long story short, i had had enuff and said to heck with it and i took the top door side optic and twisted the 2 wires together,,
 then the the statinary top door optic and twisted the 2 wires together,

then proceded to find a peace of tinfoil and taped it in front of the lower door duel optic and the door open warning vanished from the screen ! Yay!!!,

OK

then i carefully went Thur the test proceders again

turned power off,,  then back on

pressed small white test butten herd ding after 5-7 seconds terned reset key once and boom my game was back and working plays all 5 games

cycle's properly bill acceptor works good !!!!

================================

now i must find out why my monitor has a all pink wash on it and i will be 100 %

any sugestions on a used monitor location ,, or how to fix mine are apreciated   ;-))

thanks

* drop in modle igt poker slot board pic.jpg (37.98 KB, 500x375 - viewed 262 times.)

* igt drop in poker.jpg (101.71 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 290 times.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:47:49 PM by Geena » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

I have what you need,  PM sent
nikstar
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »

In order to clear the cmos data error, open the door and press the test button for a few seconds until you hear a beep sound. Then close the door and turn the jackpot key once. This procedure will put your machine to play but then you need a key chip to re-enable your bill acceptor and to set the denomination.
Geena

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »

TY a bunch  wave hopfully i can find the door open problem and try the test again, i think i am going to order the pe plus chips just in case Mail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.