Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  CLOSED TOPICS
| |-+  New Life Games Classifieds for 1-1-2014
| | |-+  WTB: Summit Systems INC Slot Controller Board (Yellow Board) and a manual
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: Summit Systems INC Slot Controller Board (Yellow Board) and a manual  (Read 6760 times)
newguy2013
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 25, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

I am looking for a Summit Systems INC Slot Controller Board (Yellow Board) and a manual.
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »

I have a tested and working board available, but you will need the correct EPROM for your game. What machine do you have?
newguy2013

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 03:06:40 AM »

It is called "The Trop",  I bought it as a fixer upper for my dad.  I don't know too much about it though.
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »

Here is the Summit I have. Any chance it looks like this one?
newguy2013

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »

Here are some pics of it.  They do look similiar

* image.jpg (1638.82 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 268 times.)

* image.jpg (1454.59 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 313 times.)
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »

The slot controller board that I have will probably fire it right up, but you will need a specific EPROM burned for your particular machine. There is a company on the web that makes custom EPROMs and can make one specifically for your setup. You would need to map out the symbols, but beyond that, it can be done. Is your machine missing the controller board?

The IO board could have issues, but most likely, it's all in the CPU.
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »

Your machine looks like a 5-coin, 5-line machine, where mine is a 5-coin, 1-line. The game EPROM would not pay properly but I'm pretty sure it'd get the game going.

How many symbols on each reel strip? Can be either 22 or 25 symbols.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »

Have you guys tried the guy in Rohnert Park, CA? Seems like his first name is Dick. I can see if we have his info somewhere, or just Google "Summit Rohnert Park". He is the Summit MASTER...he does not give out free advice on troubleshooting or repair, but he KNOWS the machines, inside and out! I'm sure he has the EPROMs you need. He also does board repair and exchange.

newguy2013

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »

The only board we have  is the red interface board.  I don't know if it works or not. Right now we can turn it on and it lights up, but you can not pull the handle.  I am defiantly interested in your board, how much are you asking for it.  Also, what would you need from me to have it flashed right.  I guess I don't understand what EPROM it needs.  What would happend if it had an incorrect EPROM ?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

The EPROM is a small IC chip that holds the game program. It installs on the board and tells the machine what game to play, whats a win, and how much to payout. So, in order for the payouts to match your glass and the reel strips, you need the EPROM specifically for your set up. If you put in just any EPROM, your machine will be paying you when there's no real win, and not paying you on wins. Even if you're reels display a win, like a 777, you will not get paid if you do not have the correct EPROM in. With the wrong EPROM, the game is pointless. The board itself can be used more than likely, as the board is not GAME specific, it is MACHINE/MODEL specific.

The guy in Rohnert Park just needs a pic of the machine and then he will sell you the correct EPROM. His company name is HMS Electronics. Last time we worked with him, he had the board and the EPROM needed for $150.

newguy2013

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 05:22:41 PM »

Mine is a 5 line/5 coin machine.  It has 22 symbols.  Thanks for the info CVslots
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 10:18:46 PM »

The EPROM is a small IC chip that holds the game program. It installs on the board and tells the machine what game to play, whats a win, and how much to payout. So, in order for the payouts to match your glass and the reel strips, you need the EPROM specifically for your set up. If you put in just any EPROM, your machine will be paying you when there's no real win, and not paying you on wins. Even if you're reels display a win, like a 777, you will not get paid if you do not have the correct EPROM in. With the wrong EPROM, the game is pointless. The board itself can be used more than likely, as the board is not GAME specific, it is MACHINE/MODEL specific.

The guy in Rohnert Park just needs a pic of the machine and then he will sell you the correct EPROM. His company name is HMS Electronics. Last time we worked with him, he had the board and the EPROM needed for $150.

+1 from C Slots. I believe HMS is really the only player in town who specializes in Summit machines. FWIW, Summit machines started life as Bally slots. Then Summit Systems rebuilt them, adding electronics and mechanisms to control the machines. Some people (actually most) that know anything about slots warn us Summit owners that they are difficult to maintain, so you should familiarize yourself as best as you can to understand the machine. I have spent considerable time learning about this Summit, and in the end, it works perfectly. I even modified the sound system to play music during reel spin. I own several Ballys and Jennings 400's (ugh) and have them all in perfect working order. But the Summit is my favorite...
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 04:21:58 AM »

All that talk about boards and EPROMS makes me happy that I collect only Bally EM's. Give me wires, coils and switches any day! EM's can always be repaired without that high cost of boards, etc. 
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:12 AM »

unless your in a area where you can only own a game of that age , you might think of walking away from that pos , and buying something that is dependable and that parts and repairs are  cheap and easy to find , you might very well have a money pit there , plus most slot people  stay clear of summits  , think bally,igt if you can
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.