Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:11:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Web-Site Sub-Boards Accessories and Add-ons.
| |-+  NLG Tips, tricks, addons and other neat stuff
| | |-+  How to?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to?  (Read 5216 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« on: January 13, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »

Have a Question?   when typing a long list or anything in lenght that goes beyond the  normal size of the reply box . how do you get it to stay to where you can see what is being typed etc. etc. without having to scroll and so forth.

Thanks, Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »

Hey Jim, do you use the preview button?

The preview will show everything that you have entered in the reply box.

I've seen posts that have been split up because the content was probably too large for the space dedicated to the reply box.

Usually the curser remains visible when typing in the reply box.

If you are scrolling up and down then the preview will probably help.

If you are scrolling left and right, you might have to maximize your internet browser to full screen to help with that.

I'm using firefox at full screen.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

Have a Question?   when typing a long list or anything in lenght that goes beyond the  normal size of the reply box . how do you get it to stay to where you can see what is being typed etc. etc. without having to scroll and so forth.

Thanks, Jim

If you are using IE8, that is a VERY annoying problem that happens on a few forums, including this one. I never had a problem with IE6. Any time you type more than what fits in the text box, the page does not scroll up properly and you end up typing blind off of the screen. Good luck trying to highlight text at the end of your message. Duh! If you first go to the preview page even before you type a reply, and then select compatibility mode, it will usually work ok. But if I have a long message I usually just type it into notepad or something first, and then copy/paste.

BTW, I asked about this very issue on another forum and many with IE8 were having the same problem. While I think it is a IE8 issue, it only seems to affect certain versions of forum software.

poppo

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

The preview will show everything that you have entered in the reply box.

I think he is talking about a different problem. As I noted above, when typing in the reply or preview box, when you get to the bottom, the text does not scroll up properly and you can't see what you are typing. You can use the scroll bar to move it, but as soon as you start typing again it the text jumps back off the screen. It only happens on certain forums.

BTW, I hate that this forum is formatted for1152x864  frying pan Not everyone has that resolution, especially laptop users. Scrolling left and right gets old really fast.  knockout
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »

got it thanks poppo.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

yes! that is exactly the problem that I have.

I thought some time ago that was brought up and there was a solution for it.

I never found out what it was .

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

If you are using IE8, that is a VERY annoying problem that happens on a few forums, including this one.

yes! that is exactly the problem that I have.

I thought some time ago that was brought up and there was a solution for it.

poppo and Jim:

I did post the solution a while ago.  It will work on other websites where you're having a similar issue, too (including other websites running SMF forum software).  Here is the solution:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9441.msg81808#msg81808

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »

I did know that compatibility mode worked as noted above. But I didn't know that you could go to tools - 'compatibly view settings' and add the whole site to the list so that you don't have to do it every time.

Still does not help with the  muted 1152x864 site resolution though.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 06:01:19 PM »

thanks  knagl   K+

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:57:54 PM »

I did know that compatibility mode worked as noted above. But I didn't know that you could go to tools - 'compatibly view settings' and add the whole site to the list so that you don't have to do it every time.

Unless you're blasting your internet settings frequently, you should only have to do that once, no matter which way you tell the browser to use compatibility mode for a site.

Jim- Glad to help!   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »

Unless you're blasting your internet settings frequently, you should only have to do that once, no matter which way you tell the browser to use compatibility mode for a site.

If I would just click the compatibility mode button while I was on a page, it would only last as long as I was on that page. If I went to a different page or web site and came back, I would have to do it again. Unless, it was put in the 'saved' compatibility list.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.