Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Web-Site Sub-Boards Accessories and Add-ons.
| |-+  NLG Tips, tricks, addons and other neat stuff
| | |-+  The Rant
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rant  (Read 12491 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« on: September 12, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »

Is there anyway to stop or permanently mute The Rant from playing in the background.
I can hit stop or lower the volume however every time I hit the back button to go to the main page it plays again.  Scratch Head muted no

Make it stop.... I've lost control of my computer.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »

I agree, every time I log on it starts playing.  It's annoying.....I just turned my volume off so I can ignore it but the default should be off, not on.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »

Scratch Head  Mine never plays unless I deliberately click on it. ??  That's why I was so surprised a few days ago (posted about it in my thread)
Could it be a difference in my Firefox settings? Scratch Head 2

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:55:47 PM »

It is set to only play if you hit the play button ... what software are you using ... fire fox -- internet destroyer ??? is your players set to auto play any source it finds..

Thanks Joeylc  gary / snail

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »

Hay what gives you don't like the RANT !!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   J/K

I do a show ever night at 10:00 pm tune !!! or Not !!!

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Neonkiss

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:07:33 PM »

I'm using firefox and no matter what setting after refresh or using the back-button it begins to play again.

I'm sure they are contributing here, but tell us how much.
Maybe we can take up a collection and pay more  money money than them to make it STOP.... Crazy rotflmao yes stir the pot / get cooking

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:09:59 PM »

I'm using firefox and no matter what setting after refresh or using the back-button it begins to play again.

I'm sure they are contributing here, but tell us how much.
Maybe we can take up a collection and pay more  money money than them to make it STOP.... Crazy rotflmao yes stir the pot / get cooking

Same here for me....
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »

the settings for auto play are in your win-blows media player not Firefox will find out some more info asap.

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:09 PM »

im not sure but try this..

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »

that's it.  mine is set to not play.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »

Where does the feed come from ?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Neonkiss

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »

That would be great IF I was using Explorer.
I use Firefox as my internet browser.

Anyhow, I did un-check the box in my Explorer but it doesn't make any difference. It still plays

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 12:02:34 AM »

Where does the feed come from ?

The feed is TheRant !!! a subsidiary of New Life Games..  nlg  Other wise we Own it ....  nlg  Think of it as NLG Radio ...
 with your's truly hosting it's nightly rant show at 10:00 pm every night. applause applause applause applause applause
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:46:16 AM by tjkeller » Logged

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »

Well Neonkiss now I know why you where logged on all day to TheRant !!! .. lol sorry...  look in your firefox settings the player is set to not play ... let us know if you have and luck ... Joeylc

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:48:01 AM »

Joey I realize that the instructions you posted were for IE.

I looked through Firefox's options and also looked at the properties of the WMP plug-in on the main page to try to help those with Firefox. I can't find any option to turn auto play on or off. The only thing I can add is that all of my apps on the Firefox options application tab that use WMP are set to default to the Firefox plugin, and not the full version of WMP.

For what it's worth, the Rant does NOT play on my computer unless I specifically click on it.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »

Think of it as NLG Radio ...
with your's truly hosting it's nightly rant show at 10:00 pm every night. applause applause applause applause applause[/b]

Now, if you think I'm going to stay up until 2AM to listen to your show -
You got another thing coming!!! boss   rotflmao
Is there a way for my computer to record your show?  Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 2
Joeylc
NLG Site Administrator

KG7NLG

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »

here is the code if it helps autostart="false" is set to false  Scratch Head Scratch Head

Code:
<center><br><a href="http://TheRant.fm/therant/" target="_blank"><font face="arial" size="4" color="red"><u><b>[url]WWW.THERANT.FM[/url]</b></u></font></a><br>
<embed allowscriptaccess="never" allownetworking="internal"   enablejsurl="false" enablehref="false" saveembedtags="true" src="http://66.55.148.3/" enablejavascript="false"
 type="application/x-mplayer2" style="filterray" pluginspage="http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/download/" displaysize="4" autosize="-1" bgcolor="black" showcontrols="true"
 showtracker="-1" showdisplay="0" showstatusbar="1" videoborder3d="-1" width="250" height="200" autostart="false" designtimesp="5311" loop="true"></embed></center>

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 02:26:47 AM »

I don't see anything in there that would cause the problem.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 03:24:20 AM »

That would be great IF I was using Explorer.
I use Firefox as my internet browser.

Anyhow, I did un-check the box in my Explorer but it doesn't make any difference. It still plays

Funny thing here is that I have never heard it, and I am on NLG quite a bit at all different hours. I have never clicked on it, and I guess that I better not now. bust gut laughing I am using Internet Exploder 6, and amazingly that box IS checked on my settings... Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head It may be something else that is controlling that???

And yes before anyone asks... I do have speakers connected with the sound turned up!  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I must be the exception, and not the rule! Crazy wave

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »

The only time I heard it was on a reboot where the tab to this homepage opens up.... started a week or so ago I think. I am generally on the "see unread posts" page/link thus never hearing it. First time I did, I was trying to figure out where the hell it was coming from!!  Hahahahaha

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Neonkiss

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »

Has anyone found a solution with Firefox?
My wife uses the computer under her screen name and it keep playing in the background.
If you don't please her, I'll be banned.  Jeannie angry-kitty

* Rant.jpg (35.18 KB, 200x200 - viewed 405 times.)

Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »

The only solution I've seen in Firefox is if you use adblock plus https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/ you can block the IP address it's coming from and unblock it later when you want to listen.. that's what I do anyway

You just hover over the flash applet player and up in the corner it'll say block you click it and block the IP or manually add it http://66.55.148.3/
StatFreak

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »

I wish I could tell you what's different about my setup that keeps it from playing. If you want to compare specific settings, lmk.

<ADD> I just read Biranzz's post, and that would do the trick. However, in my case, I have Adblock installed but didn't need to use it for this issue, so there must be another answer out there.

Neonkiss

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »

OK, I have now tried some other ways to make this stop, but have been un-successful.

I added Site Block add on to my firefox.
Entered the site info and re-booted Firefox.
It wont display or go to the web page for the Rant, but the sound continues to play.

Joey, I know this radio site is a pet project for you, but it's killing me with the background sound.

* f-ing rant.JPG (478.5 KB, 1152x828 - viewed 256 times.)

rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »

Neon.. stay off the main page.....

Just hit the link for "Show unread posts since last visit." up top, read the new stuff or "mark all as read".... and leave it there. Thats what I always do and had no clue the home page played music until a recent reboot.

Now, if you HAVE to use the home page, keep it open and "mute" the music player.....

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.