Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Universal XT video poker - Model 92
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal XT video poker - Model 92  (Read 3786 times)
CORKY777777
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »

Whoo hoo!   Finally made some progress here!   After dozens of hours of trying different settings on the game options screen, I stumbled onto a combo that works!  The machine works great with coins or on credit mode!   

I have two minor issues that I can't figure out,  hope there is some help out there for!  First, the machine runs great, but has "Demonstration" showing in the bottom right corner of the screen.   I haven't found a setting that will remove that.

Also, and much more annoying, the card hold cancel will not work.  If you select a card to hold, you can't repress the button and release it again.  There is a parameter for card hold, but it just gives you the option of marking the card held, or flipping it over when you press hold. 

The operation manual that Uni sent me (thanks!) shows an option that doesn't come up on my machine called 'cancel holds option'.    The two parameters are "0- No cancel switch and 1- cancel switch installed".   Is it possible this doesn't have a switch?   Hard to believe since it was used as a Vegas machine.  What would it look like?   Seems like it would just be a software thing, eh?  Any ideas out there?

Does anyone have one of these that could send me a shot of their options screen?   I have attached a copy of my options screen.

Also sending shots of the up and running Uni (got the upper light working this week too!)

Thanks for all your help, and I'm still looking for a repair manual for this baby!     Grin

* OPTIONS SCREEN 9-14-08 (3).jpg (968.43 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 360 times.)

* ALL LIGHTS ON.jpg (171.13 KB, 800x1067 - viewed 385 times.)

* WORKING SCREEN.jpg (79.08 KB, 800x600 - viewed 312 times.)
CORKY777777
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Good news!   I've found out how to get rid of the "test mode" and "demonstration" messages on the screen.   The screen appears as it should.   BUT, I still can't get the hold/cancel thing to work.   I'd love any ideas you might have!    Scratch Head
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »

Corky, nice work getting that machine running!  yes   Great looking machine!

Looks like in the Operators manual you cannot change that setting.
I can't believe it. Why even have such a thing!!!
Sounds like you need different software. As you must know by now you have a rare machine, very little info out there!!
I'll keep my eyes open for XT info and will pass it along if I find any.

Uniman

CORKY777777
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »

Thanks Uni!     I'm still hoping to get that cancel feature working sometime!
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »

I guess it thinks .. A card held is a card played.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.