Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Help with a Bally Nickel Multigame slot machine?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with a Bally Nickel Multigame slot machine?  (Read 7366 times)
slotmachine
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »

Hello all,

I have a Ballys multi game slot machine that had the battery replaced on the board itself, and now I receive the "check meters or clear saferam" code to be able to run the machine again. I gather I need a "clearchip" for this model... can anyone help me out to confirm this, as well as help me in identifying or locating the proper clear chip?

The model number is VMPLOS 156

Thank you so much!

You may use my email as well

newfunksoul@gmail.com
AnotherTech
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:03:11 AM »

Is your machine a GameMaker?  Pics are best to help identify what you have, so you can get the best info.  A pic of the MPU board will tell for sure.  If it is a GameMaker, you will need a V7S1000CLEAR-02 chip to clear it unless you have very old mains.
slotmachine
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

Here is a link to a flickr.com page I made filled w photos of the board as well as the housing. I do not know if it is a gamemaker because the outside only says nickel multi game, though it is definitely a bally's.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/302movingsale/sets/72157626806213494/

Thank you!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »

Looks like a Game Maker
Jim @ Blue Ridge Slots has what you need.
slotmachine
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »

I'm sorry I am pretty new to this style of message board and I am having a hard time finding where I could locate Jim @ Blue Ridge Slots, I saw he has an ebay page but could not find any clear chips in his store. Am I accurate in thinking that I need the V7S1000CLEAR-02 chip, as mentioned above?

Thank you guys for your help, truly. This machine belongs to my parents and they are getting older and I am just trying to help them out with it and get it working so they can play in the basement for fun again.

Thanks again! Also thanks to Dr. Scotts pinball for telling me to check out these forums!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »

Try this email
jmasonis@verizon.net
If not look for him under members & send him a Personal Message.
Ford
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »

Jim is GOOD on the Bally Game Maker. If anyone can help you it's Jim.
You have to be patient for him to get back to you.
slotmachine
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 12:28:42 AM »

I've yet to hear back from Jim, does anyone else know where to find the clear chip and instructions I would need for this machine? Are they expensive?
AnotherTech
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 01:53:49 AM »

I'm not sure where you could get a clear chip, but you could try it without one and see if it works.  I can't tell what version mains you have, because they have hand written labels, without all the info.  If they are old enough (like -08 or lower I think), you can clear it with just the dip switches. 

Turn the game off and remove the MPU.
Turn dip switches 6, 7, & 8 on, on dip switch pack 1.
Put the board in and turn it on.
It will either come up and say to insert the clear chip (in which case you need one)
or it will say it is clearing EEPROM and clearing saferam,
OR it will ask you to turn the reset key to clear RAM.
Once it clears RAM, it will tell you to turn it off and reset the dip switches.
Once you do that you will have to set up the game configuration which is another can of worms that you need to get right. Crazy

AnotherTech
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »

This thread has a pic near the bottom of how to set up your EEPROM settings for an upright.  Yours may be a bit different because of different versions of mains, but it gives you a basic idea.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10388.0

The pic.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »

List it in classified section. Someone should have.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

I've yet to hear back from Jim, does anyone else know where to find the clear chip and instructions I would need for this machine? Are they expensive?

Please check your spam folder, email was sent last week and again last night

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
slotmachine
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 04:31:06 AM »

Thank you Jim! And thank you new tech, I wil ltry the dip switch settings tomorrow, and see what I can accomplish from there and then return should I need more assistance. Many thanks!
slotmachine
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »

Thank you so much for all your help everyone, jim for the clear chip info and new tech for the guidance. I cleared the dipswitches and the machine entered saferam clear, after which I navigated the setup screens and it works great. The only thing I have bumped into is the machine is no longer accepting dolalrs or spitting out coins when you win or want to play, it is in demo and now works on free play. I don't actually mind the free play because I can avoid the refill of the hopper, but should they want me to switch that, does anyone have an idea what the setting parameters I am looking for are labeled as?

Thanks again!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.