Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S 2000 Issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S 2000 Issues  (Read 5615 times)
T
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: October 04, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have a 5X pay 5R 9L.

The other night I started getting "Coin In Jam" a small number of times. Opening and closing the door would fix that. I then started getting "Door Open M". It got to where I was not able to fix by opening and closing the door.

Here's what is happening as of a few minutes ago: I start machine, lights come on, bill validator runs. Both lights on Candle are on and flashing. The bottom light is flashing pretty fast and top is a little slower. In the display I see "coin in Jam" followed by "Door open M" followed by Call Attendant.

Once the reels spins they all spin at the same time pretty slowly and sound a little noisy / grind type sound. I then shut it down. I noticed on the MPU board I have 2 green lights at the top, next 2 are blank followed by 2 orange and another green.

I swapped out power supplies in another S2000 I have just to eliminate that part.

Any suggestions on what to check next?  Scratch Head

Thank for the help in advance
vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »

the reels spinning could be a reel tilt to clear this i think some times you have to open the door and turn the jackpot/handpay key on the side while the door is open(i did this once when my nieces were playing on a machine and the door got bumped enough to knock the optics out of align while reels were spinning). the coin in jam may be dirty coin optics.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »

Turn the machine off and make sure your door IO card is seated properly. When you close the door make sure the latch seats all the way down. Reels are spinning slowly probably because the door optic signal is intermittent because the door isn't latched tight or the optics are going bad. Turn it on and see what happens...
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

Do you have the jumper cap to be able to remove the coin-in handling?  If it fixes the issue, then you need a new set of optics.  If it doesn't, you might want to check the cabinet I/O.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 12:48:58 AM »

Rob  A 9 line he will have two IOs on the door. Oh and I don't agree with you that the optics are maybe going BAD. Optics are a whole lot like that little Gal you dated in High School she was either pregnant or she wasn't !! No such thing as "All most pregnant " same with optics their good or their bad, ain't no such thing as almost.

"T"  There will be a short harness plugged into the very top of one of the door IOs ( I forget which one ) the other end of that harness goes to the 9 line display, to your left side behind the reel glass. That display can give you a coin error.  Yes Sir I know it doesn't have a damn thing to do with coins does it !!

The slow reel spin is like the others said, door optics. One of two things, your not getting the door latch all the way closed or you need to adjust the optics. The way I adjust the optics is the picture attached below. A mark on the door lined up with the door optic, line on cabnet lined up with cabinet optic, close door and if the lines are not lined up, adjust until they do. If you don't want to put a mark on your machine put tape on it first and mark the tape.

* PICT0075.JPG (459.13 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 206 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 12:57:15 AM »

Good eye Buzz, we just had a discussion on here a few weeks ago where that 9 line display was causing the machine to throw a coin-in jam error. I had a 9 line display go bad once, machine threw a meters disconnected error and it burned one of my IO cards on a Cleopatra machine.

My experience with door optics is limited to having dealt with bad ones one time, after that they all got bypassed through cherry switches yes
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM »

There was a document regarding cascading failures in senet devices, that a bad one can trigger errors that don't really exist.  So you could start removing items until you find the one that cause the error, that is why I start with the whole coin assembly since it's an easy test with the jumper plug.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »

Rick  You do not have to have coin handling to get a coin error. It's just a BS error code, seems like if something is in error IGT didn't know what else to call it so " Coin Error" works.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:04:56 AM by Buzz » Logged

rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »

Oh, I just assumed he had coin-in.   I recently ran into a coin-in error with my mother's machine, but it did turn out to be bad optics.  I put the plug into the coin system harness and it went away.  Then I replaced the coin-optic and it fixed it. But not too long ago someone posted what you mentioned about the bogus "coin-in" error having to do with a contaminated senet system, and it seems to always result in either meter or coin-in error.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:31 AM »

Rick  First pic. the machine was ready to play and then I unplugged the harness going to the 9 line display,  you see the coin error and this machine does not have coin handling. In the past I've got coin errors on machines that didn't have coin handling nor a 9 line display. Sometimes just open and close the main door latch three or four times and the error will go away. The other day Capt Happy got a coin error on a non coin Game King and had to do a clear to fix the error.

* PICT0001.JPG (550.15 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 209 times.)

* PICT0008.JPG (646.92 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 219 times.)

vtyler

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 03:04:35 AM »

a lot of the senet devices are daisy chained together and on machines with multiples of the same type i/o board its inevitable that you would get conflicting errors. in my opinion the entire system is a mess a few devices go through as many as 5 connecters until it reaches the actual io device.
T

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 03:16:45 AM »

Rob  A 9 line he will have two IOs on the door. Oh and I don't agree with you that the optics are maybe going BAD. Optics are a whole lot like that little Gal you dated in High School she was either pregnant or she wasn't !! No such thing as "All most pregnant " same with optics their good or their bad, ain't no such thing as almost.

"T"  There will be a short harness plugged into the very top of one of the door IOs ( I forget which one ) the other end of that harness goes to the 9 line display, to your left side behind the reel glass. That display can give you a coin error.  Yes Sir I know it doesn't have a damn thing to do with coins does it !!

The slow reel spin is like the others said, door optics. One of two things, your not getting the door latch all the way closed or you need to adjust the optics. The way I adjust the optics is the picture attached below. A mark on the door lined up with the door optic, line on cabnet lined up with cabinet optic, close door and if the lines are not lined up, adjust until they do. If you don't want to put a mark on your machine put tape on it first and mark the tape.

Thanks for the help everyone. Buzz, this harness you talk about, I am not sure what you mean. What do you want me to do? Check it, I assume to see if it is seated right?

I am having trouble getting the door eyes to line up. I got closer than they were and finally got the reels to spin at normal speeds when starting unit up. It is short lived, right after the reels spin I get the coin in error along with the door closure thing.

It looks like I need to raise the door a little. I have adjusted the optic in the case as low has it will go. Is there another adjustment I am missing?. It looks likes attempting to raise the door might not be fun. Please keep in mind I do not know what I am doing but more than willing to try. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 04:34:52 AM »

wtf1 Do you mean you don't know what your doing ??  Just what makes you think the rest of us know any more than you do.

OK Here is a picture of the IO ( in my left hand ) unplugged from it's socket. The harness I'm talking about goes from the top of the IO to the 9 line display. So with the power off pull up on the IO a inch or so and do that a couple of times, while your at it do the same thing with the other IO, same with that harness all you can do is make sure all connections are getting good contact.

I think I'm getting you all confused on the door optics. The only adjustment that can be made to the optics is on the cabinet side. That optic can be slid up or down. Now you said you had the optic as low as possible and was going to have to try and raise the door. With the optic at the lower adjustment if you raised the door that would move the door optic even futher out of alignment with the cabinet optic.  If your right and I'm wrong and the door need to move up, for now just lift the main door latch up that amount you were going to move the door.  Oh and if all else fails I can tell you how to bypass the optics so don't bust your bunns trying to move the door.

Now I need this I need the numbers off of your Game chips. If you have never had the main board out of your machine no time better than now. With power off using just the tips of your fingers pull the MPU board out. ( If you use your thumb it's going to hurt like Hell ) It's located to your left down by the floor of the machine. Look at the board and you will see four eproms ( Chips ) with labels. Two of these chips will be end to end, those are the game chips and will have a number starting SG000??? ( both chips will have the same number but one will say Gme 1 and the other Gme 2) Let's hope their not SG000155.

* PICT0012.JPG (567.86 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 208 times.)

T

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »

wtf1 Do you mean you don't know what your doing ??  Just what makes you think the rest of us know any more than you do.
quote]

Buzz,

Yes, I do not know what I am doing. Yes, you do know what you are doing and I do appreciate the help.

The I/O board, I did check it and all looks ok.

Yes, I lowered the optic on the casing side. It is closer now than it was before. I can lift the door to line up my marks. It does not stay there when I latch the door.

I am leaving now to go to my Grandson's birthday party. When I get back today I will check the chips you asked about and post back
T

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »

OK Here is a picture of the IO ( in my left hand ) unplugged from it's socket. The harness I'm talking about goes from the top of the IO to the 9 line display. So with the power off pull up on the IO a inch or so and do that a couple of times, while your at it do the same thing with the other IO, same with that harness all you can do is make sure all connections are getting good contact.

I think I'm getting you all confused on the door optics. The only adjustment that can be made to the optics is on the cabinet side. That optic can be slid up or down. Now you said you had the optic as low as possible and was going to have to try and raise the door. With the optic at the lower adjustment if you raised the door that would move the door optic even futher out of alignment with the cabinet optic.  If your right and I'm wrong and the door need to move up, for now just lift the main door latch up that amount you were going to move the door.  Oh and if all else fails I can tell you how to bypass the optics so don't bust your bunns trying to move the door.

Now I need this I need the numbers off of your Game chips. If you have never had the main board out of your machine no time better than now. With power off using just the tips of your fingers pull the MPU board out. ( If you use your thumb it's going to hurt like Hell ) It's located to your left down by the floor of the machine. Look at the board and you will see four eproms ( Chips ) with labels. Two of these chips will be end to end, those are the game chips and will have a number starting SG000??? ( both chips will have the same number but one will say Gme 1 and the other Gme 2) Let's hope their not SG000155.

Ok Buzz,

Not sure how but I got it working, but is working.The marked lines on the optics still don't line up excatly.

I did like you said and moved the optics around some and re seated them. Thanks the picture to clarify. I pulled out the MPU board and got the numbers. Fired it back up same errors. All the sudden the reels spun again and all is good. Played a bit all good.

I just now looked at machine and have a coin in jam WTF. I opened and closed door now I have both the coin in jam and Closure M.

The base chip is hand written 1026. The game chips are SG000590 it appears. They are not very readable. The version chip isVSO11GX1 it appears, hard to read also.

The door does not seem to close like my other S2000. I cannot see anything that may be obstructing the door. Any other suggestions? Maybe time to by pass door optics?
T

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »

Little update. I opened and closed the door a little harder this time. It is back working again. I have to wonder how long it will this time  Scratch Head

Edit it's back coin in jam
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.