Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  AINSWORTH ARISTOCRAT MICROSTAR...Treasure Island....1991 ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AINSWORTH ARISTOCRAT MICROSTAR...Treasure Island....1991 ?  (Read 4585 times)
PHALANAX
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »

Silly Me! Onto my next project ...looks like this ones got a dodgy monitor....The monitors a TOEI TCHV18E ..ive had a skim at the monitor section and am in 2 minds as to whether an outlay is going to get a result.....the monitor whistles when fired up and is black screen ...centre top intermittently flashes lightning like...lol.... can another monitor be adapted to this unit......is this a replace all caps and q18 shorted issue....have done an internet search ...nothing matches this model......Anyone know what model or mark? the treasure island unit is...and did they only come out with toei monitors....looking for a cheap fix....Would an olde acorn pc monitor work rigged...lol
PHALANAX
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »

Scratch Head I ve had another peep at the monitor section and i see someones put a post in about a mk4 540 with a ceronix 2092 boarded monitor ...ive got such a monitor and have managed to get it going... Is it possible i can adapt this monitor to this particular machine... anyone know if the monitor video inputs are riggable between the igt and aristocrat machines....Hey im a welder I can make anything fit anywhere ...lol
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:42:11 PM by PHALANAX » Logged
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

I have a Mk 4 with a Ceronix 2092.
Here is the pinout for the Mk4 board.

* Untitled8.jpg (56.82 KB, 918x311 - viewed 365 times.)

One step at a time.
PHALANAX
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:59:26 PM »

OK cheers for that.....that might take me somewhere..BUTTTTTT...LOL....this is where im at....hehehe...being a simple fellow ...simply lazy perhaps ...lol.. I have a video out to monitor set of wires for the aristocrat....red .  .green....blue  #  top (of six pin connector)
                                                    black...white....green/yellow stripe...  # (bottom of six pin connector)
                         Clipped and bound to this i have the 100v 2 pin  power cord
the ceronix monitor from a rival igt machine (I hate IGTs... and will junk it for parts..lol).. is wired with a 15 pin connector cable (not all 15 pins are wired) and has no seperate power cord ....3 rows of 5 stacked ...ive figured thus so far... the power cord from the machine board to the monitor is color coded... blue and brown at the machine end and white(blue) and...... black with a lime strip (brown) at the monitor end
OK...OK....OK...lol.... Igt machine to monitor looks something like this the first color being from the machine the second from the monitor   black to black ..  pink to brown....white to green....lite blue to blue...red to red (top row)
purple to white (second row) the rest are spares...lol....
So having figured the wiring codes are just there to confuse you im thinking.....if i go from the aristocrat...red to red ...blue to blue ...green to green.....black to black.....(top row)....white to white.....(second row)...the last colors mentioned being the ceronix
im left with a green yellow stripe from the aristocrat (is it possibly an earth....lol might try attaching it to the monitor chassis...lol)
Then all i need to do is power the monitor (not sure if its 100v ...WILL CHECK)by making my own power cord and plugging blue to the monitor white...brown to the monitor black and lime striped.... if not i can go straight into the spare power outlet aristocrat kindly have fitted to the mains box (for folk like me maybe.lol....worse case i will flog the IGT power box and plug that into the kindly supplied aristo socket....)..OK OK OK....what are the chances of this plan working people....lol...Your comments appreciated.......lol...lol....ps il have a fire extinguisher and medical crew nearby ....lol...WHAT SAY YEE.....lol....Then all going well i fire up the plasma cutter and mig in some new mounts and then im off to Treasure Island......or....Hospital...lol
Budget ...initial outlay ...for 3 machines....$30-00...One fully going (not the GNR.either)..one sorta going  (IGT)....The one I wanted ...not going ..YET....TBC
2 aristocrats..1 IGT....
OUTLAY ON REPAIRS.......ZIPPO....LOL
By the way it looks like its a mk2.5...Same monitor and wiring as my Guns and roses machine...bigger casing and different button layout (not the usual 2 row button layout closer to an all in one with seperate reserve and collects)...No im not gonna just use the GNR monitor....lol....thats my favorite draw poker machine....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:57:02 AM by PHALANAX » Logged
PHALANAX
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »

Update...LOL...Decided not to butcher the igt for its monitor ...have now got that machine fully functional....have decided to go with an rgb..cga/ega/yuv to vga convertor board and will strip and adapt an olde pc monitor to the existing tray ...theyre dirt cheap here at the moment....this will also will allow me to go lcd if i choose at a later stage.....awaiting the cheap imported board...lo...Anyone done this..lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:32:44 PM by PHALANAX » Logged
custom_consoles
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:16:39 AM »

Hi PHALANAX,

Just curious on an update on how you went with this project?

I have a MK2.5 with a dud monitor thats the Same model as your original you had to replace (TC-HV18E).

Did you get it up & running?

Any info would be great as having trouble locating a replacement & I'm basically at the same point with the wires lol..

Cheers mate :-)
PHALANAX
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01:06 AM »

Its been a long and mentally painful crawl my friend...lol....I had a stack over-run causing letters numbers and various other anomolies....and have just managed to fix that problem only took about 6 months to find the right bits...lol....now
im getting a metering error...call attendant....I keep calling out for an attendant but no one turns up ....lol...the robot test is not yet working.... i can manage to view last game and second to last game ...also am able to bring up the metering interface although i havent got a clue what to do with it.....lol........HAVENT TRIED THE LCD BOARD BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WORK with a good voltage adaptor...lol......will update you later if I dont end up in a mental asylym beforehand...lol... frying pan...oh ps...somewhere along the way i managed to breathe new life into the defunct monitor and its now working perfecto mundo.......lol.....unlike myself....lol.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.