Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  aristocrat mk 5 monitor problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: aristocrat mk 5 monitor problem  (Read 5397 times)
scootergee
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: May 14, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

i have problems with my mark 5 golden pyramids machine, no screen, went black while playing!!!!!
game still plays with sound, but no picture, its a chungawa (or somthing like that monitor???) machine works fine without it. (not much fun to play) when monitor installed it makes a beeping sound, any help would be very appreciated.  Hail it is a nsw machine, cheers scootergee.
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »

Is it running a kristal, or cervix monitor board check this and some of these will give you repairs
scootergee

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »

its a CHUNGHWA monitor.
SS308
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »

Sounds like it is a series 1 mk5, Aaron you didn't get this model in NZ.
Is the cabinet same as a 540/ does it have a small piece at rear of cabinet sticking out where the monitor yoke is?
This will tell if it's a series 1 or 2.
Might be able to source one for you locally in AU.
Post a picture if your not sure.
scootergee

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:23:49 AM »

yep it has a box sticking out on the back, pretty sure its a series 1 cabinet, 96-97, australian machine, the monitor and chassis says it was tested in 1996. would be great if you can source the whole chassis and monitor locally, im in new south wales. cheers scootergee.
SS308

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:50:39 AM »

Definately a 5/1 with the box.
Dependent on where you are freight will be a killer on a complete monitor assy.
my supplier will not send one due to costs etc. But pretty sure I could get a chassis & freight is only $10-$20.
Send me an email & we can talk from there if you want , I am in ACT.
Heihachi_73

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

MK5 series II will have exactly that text written on the stamp, whereas series 1 will simply have their model name as MKV (even on machines where a MKIV/540 board is fitted). Series 1 cabinets went out of production in early 1998, at least in Australia (the latest MK5.1 unit I saw was stamped Feb 1998, and MK5.2 units weren't much later).

Differences, apart from the obvious box poking out the rear:
MK5.1 has a higher, rounded edge on the button panel, compared to a lower, squared edge on MK5.2.
MK5.1 has the monitor flush with the button panel, whereas MK5.2 has a roughly 1" gap behind the button panel and the monitor.
MK5.1 bank note acceptors (if fitted) have the denomination lights on the left hand side compared to MK5.2 which has them on the right.
MK5.1 cabinets occasionally have a "540" stamp on the coin tray, and some of them also have a partition which makes it hard to fit your hand inside to collect coins (other machines will have a smaller partition thus your hands can fit easier). On the MK5.2, the entire coin tray is open with no obstructions save for the coin dispenser (which is usually only about 1" in width).
MK5.2 cabinets occasionally have an "MVP" stamp on the coin tray, and there is no belly panel door (the artwork fits flush inside the cabinet rather than on the door).
MK5.1 coin trays are much more sturdier than their later counterparts; it is common to find a MK5.2 with a bent/broken/out of place coin tray where the sides don't match up.
MK5.1 has either a single speaker behind the belly glass, or two small speakers on each side of the coin tray; MK5.2 has the speakers fitted to the underside of the belly panel.
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:14 AM »

Are you in nsw and is there a part number on the rear of the monitor board not the monitor
scootergee

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »

ok i have changed the tatung boards, (also broke yoke on chunghwa monitor) replaced with an lg tube, still black screen, no chirping now. machine works great but has a blank screen, anyone know what monitor replaces the chungwa? or what do i try next? any help would be great. cheers scootergee.
SS308

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »

Buy an LCD conversion for it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.