Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 05:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  Aristocrat MK5 Series II not working now. Need some help.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat MK5 Series II not working now. Need some help.  (Read 4320 times)
Psycotron2000
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 20, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »

Hi all,

I have just stumbled upon this forum after my machine broke down the other week after working perfectly. I believe that the power supply has blown and possibly taken the game board out with it. Having some limited electronic skills i pulled the power supply out to see if there was anything obvious that had blown, checked the tracks and gave it a clean. However when i put it back in it came back on briefly and booted up to the game screen but with no credit registering in the credit, bet,win and didn't re spin the last game. Then it beeped and started to reboot again and again doing the same thing. After about 4 times of doing this i switched it off and now it wont come back on ( no Power in the power supply).
My question is has anybody got any tips or ideas on the power supply problem and does this sound like it has blown the game board or does it just need to have a RAM clear.

BTW it is running Queen of the Nile.

Thanks in advance.

John
Psycotron2000

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Here is a picture of the power supply

* Powersupply.JPG (108.74 KB, 478x640 - viewed 280 times.)
SS308
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:16 PM »

I can get these power supplies, price is $100 plus postage from my supplier to me then post onto you so would be aprox $140-150 all up if you are in AU
Psycotron2000

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »

Thanks for that find4uto. I am in AUS. What about the rest of the problem with game not playing do you have any advice.

SS308

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »

Start with your power supply, It sounds like your mainboard has issues too if it keeps rebooting in the start up screen.
These boards are still available here as well & aprox same $$ value as the power supplies.
Can tell your is an AU machine as the mainboard in US & NZ machines have 3 batteries where yours only has one & has the comms pcb in the cage as well.
Psycotron2000

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »

Sounds good. Can you mail me some details on how to get a power supply?
SS308

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »

My email is on this site, I have one at home now ( power supply )
$140 posted t you
Psycotron2000

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »

Check your email.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.